Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone!

Lav - Instead of LG sending me recipes, I think I will just move in with her! LOL
    Last night I took my daughter and nephew out to dinner, I was dying for some pasta and salad (despite the stomach issues)...it was soooo good too. My nephew even whipped out his Bank Card and paid $10 of the bill. He must be feeling guilty for his little "party" he threw while I was out of town. Whatever the reason, I'll take it! LOL

I'm feeling better today stomach-wise, but now I seem to have a bit of a cold. I'm trying to ignore it and maybe it will go away. I'm tired of being "under the weather"...we're supposed to feel GREAT when we get the alcohol out, right? RIGHT. lol

Kradle - Good luck with the twins! They sound like a handful...but how wonderful, I always wished my daughter was a twin...am I crazy? lol Someone mentioned velcro-ing them to the wall...I've heard duct tape works pretty good too. j/k

I'm jealous of all the rain you guys are getting...we have the same old thing every day...70 degrees and sunny...blah blah, it would be nice to have actual "weather" once in a while! I know, most people would love it, but I have to find something to complain about. lol

Rooni - I did Weight Watchers for a couple of years, it DOES work. I was drinking at the time though, so I would allow for my drink points....oh the work of drinking! And to think of all the food I skipped so I could have rum and coke. Ugh. Good luck with WW, it works if you stick with it, I was losing about 2 lbs a week! (with no exercise!)

Glad to see everyone here...you all sound good. Byrdie, Dest, Monique, Yogamom, Cat and EVERYONE else...have a great day!

K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters! I have been following the thread daily but with work right now I have been working and sleeping!! LOL! At least it's not sleeping and drinking. Sending good thoughts and prayers to all nesters!
      Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone
        Have to type real fast..twins are accusing me of being ADDICTED to the Ipad :H
        How's that for poetic justic!!
        Everyone sounds good. Want to badly to say a hi to everyone personally, but when I get on here they are all over me like cheap suit...
        I .am hiding in my room trying not to be found out... I think it was easier hiring bottles of wine for gods sale

K9 yes Velcro and duck tape are in the mix but what really works is threatening to email their teacher and nave him cancel their recess for the week!!
        That got their little butts booing last night. Which was AF by the way

Off to take them to school and then the apple store to see if they will fix my smashed screen... Send good Apple Vibes. I can't afford and
        Ther 500.00 for a new one
        :l

Xxoo
        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1325517 wrote:
          Rooni - I did Weight Watchers for a couple of years, it DOES work. I was drinking at the time though, so I would allow for my drink points....oh the work of drinking! And to think of all the food I skipped so I could have rum and coke. Ugh. Good luck with WW, it works if you stick with it, I was losing about 2 lbs a week! (with no exercise!)
          K9
          Thanks for the encouragement, K9! I've done WW before too, and I finally ended up giving up because I was using up all my points on alcohol. Both wine and mimosas costs four points for each glass. Heck, if I put away about five, I would use up practically all the points I was supposed to use for a day! I'm going to the meetings on Saturday mornings to make me more accountable too. I know I can't lose weight if I'm drinking....

Hopefully the weight watchers and the fitness boot camp combined will help me stay away from the beast and actually get in shape!

Thanks everyone for your support. :thanks:

OK, off to get some work done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Rooni...let me know how it goes with WW...I may sign up on-line and do it too. I have been eating wayyy too much since I have been AF and it is bathing suit time....oh the horrors! Ha! I hope you are feeling better as the day goes on.

Kradle...I am sending good apple vibes your way.....I hope they fix your screen for you!!!!!!

FinallyDone....congrats on 2 weeks!!!! Awesome!
            AB Club Member
            AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, just a very quick check in as i have to get my boys up.
              Its the start of day 3 for me and i am feeling all right, i am just scared that i am going to fall again, words of encouragement please, i really want to get through the weekend A/F
              Sorry but have no time to read back this morning but i hope you are all doing well xxx
              :dancin: enguin:
              starting over

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dest - I will let you know how it goes. I am doing it to lose weight, but I'm also doing it to help me with my alcohol addiction. I ate very healthy today, and I used my 26 points very quickly. I don't have any room to drink alcoholic beverages!! I'm really hoping this helps.

Ronnie - I don't think it's a coincidence that our names are so similar. We are about the same number of days sober. We can do this! I just know it. You mentioned that you want to get through the weekend sober. Well me too! Let's do this together :-)

I can't wait to wake up feeling great tomorrow.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rooni...it will help! You are doing great!!!!!!

Ronnie....congrats on the start of day 3. Stay strong and know that you are not alone! You are at the point now where each day will get a bit easier. Keep busy...even though you may not get on here alot to post today...we are thinking of you and cheering you on!!!!!!!!
                  AB Club Member
                  AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Destiny (I'm jealous of the horse farm too!), Ronnie, Lav, Catbelle, Mollyka...haha I think I'm listing ppl who didn't even post. NCguy always good to see you! K9 you can deffo move in with me, and we'll watch Downton Abbey together (I have the dvd)!! Hee hee. Rooni, I just got a WW flyer in the mail. I did it in the past and lost about 15 lbs, working my ass off to get those few lbs too! But, like you, I was drinking and that kept me from losing all I needed to lose. I would like to restart, but it's so expensive. At least it seems so to me. I am counting calories on my own right now...1500 a day.

Arggghhhhhhh, my tummy troubles are back!! I just got through saying that I was finally better yesterday, and I think I jinxed myself. Can't think of any other reason. The cramps started again last night, and off and on today too. Really bad right now. I wonder if I have kidney stones?? I've never had them before, but my boss said it might be that. Anyone have a clue? I don't.:H:H

About to either go read or watch a movie on Netflix. Becoming my nightly routine.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                    Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey LG! Yeah, it's not cheap, but it sure is a lot cheaper than bar tabs!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All. I went for a long walk after dinner with my doggies. DH is working tonight and that is a risky situation for me. The old while the cat is away the mice will play. Giving my little girl a bath and then hoping I can fall asleep without going back down to the kitchen. Just that one bottle of wine in the house, which in the old days I would probably have opened and consumed and then ran out tomorrow and purchased the same exact bottle and replaced it. You think I am kidding?? Pathetic. Well, maybe I need to check out more Netflix movies to get me through this. Or get back to one of my hobbies.

Rooni and Ronnie - that is funny that your names are so similiar - stay close to this place. You can do it!
                        LG - I hope your tummy troubles get better. Usually kidney stone pain is very severe and colicky. If it is stones, it will probably get worse. I hope it is not, they are the pits.
                        K9 - I am jealous of your beautiful weather! I love warm weather.
                        Kradle - How was the Apple store? I love that place.

Well tomorrow will be my 7th day. Yes!!! Take care all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodnight all!

Rooniferd, hang in there buddy, one day at a time. Hey Ronnie, you and Rooniferd are bunk mates!
                          LG - I'm having belly issues too, but like K9 and I were discussing, I think they'll be around quite awhile
                          due to Lack of AL
                          K9 - ck the other thread I finished that one out for y'all...lmbo
                          Kradle -good job you've been doing, specially with those twins, Lordy girl!!!
                          Yogamom - tomorrow is one whole week! Yay!

Tomorrow I am going to the spa for a massage and a facial, both a first for me. It was a birthday gift from last year, my birthday is Friday so I'm using my gift from last year to celebrate early this year!

Til morning-
                          Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                          -Alan Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cat - You are too funny...I saw how you finished the thread...NICE! Check back in tomorrow...we've updated. LOL Enjoy your massage and facial, I am jealous!!! The last facial I had was paid for by insurance, so it was more of a torture technique than a relaxation one. And when I think of massage, I picture the guy that comes to my work all the time wanting to re-open his business that was shut down for prostitution...but hey, I hope I didn't ruin your day. LOL Enjoy...it will be great!
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters,

Looks like the newbies are really kicking some butt here :H
                              Congrats to everyone moving forward!

I have my daughter & grandaughter here, so nice to visit with them. So grateful for my sober life - well worth the effort & discomfort of getting to this place in my life

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi LG....I am thinking that I am going to have to have an MWO Retreat at my farm! Ha! As for the kidney stones..I have dealt with them before and I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy! Each time it took me 4 days to pass them. I was in labor extremely long with my daughter...a very tough pregnancy and that was a walk in the park compared to kidney stones. At least with labor you get some relief between contractions.... with stones there is NO relief...constant intense pain. I was kept heavily sedated while I passed mine. My last cat scan showed that I have some in my left kidney now....oh joy....can't wait! Ha! I am so hoping that you just have a bad case of gas!!!!! Have a great night and I will talk to ya tomorrow. When I wake up tomorrow I will be double digits!!! YAY!
                                AB Club Member
                                AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Working...
                                X