Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Yogamom...it sounds like you had a nice night. I too have been watching NetFlix for the last few nights. I never used it before...I just subscribed for my daughter. I must admit that my sober self is liking it! Ha! Comgrats on day 7 tomorrow....that is awesome!!!!!
    AB Club Member
    AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone
      Good to see people doing well - promise you it gets a lot easier after a week so Rooniferd and Ronnie hang in there.

LG sorry to hear about your stomach issues, haven't had a kidney stone so can't comment there. I had a lot of stomach issues in my 8 month quit 3 years ago and don't feel well during a lot of this period ( turns out the problem was I couldn't eat gluten) not saying there is any connection there with you, but only mentioned iit because part of my downfall I think was I wasn't feeling well in myself so I think my subconscious thought " what the hell, I might as well drink" so it's important you try and get these resolved if they persist. You would be feeling worse with alcohol in your life I am quite sure.

Destiniey your place sounds lovely, think you should definitely start up a MWO retreat there!!!

Hi to Lav, K9, Byrdie and everyone else.

Will drop back later. Today is day 98.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodnight lovely ladies ,
        It's been a long day. But Lav is right- we do seem to be kicking some serious butt so far.
        lG & Cat so sorry about the tummy issues. I' d suggest juicing but that would make it worse. My mom would just have prescribed The BRAT diet
        Which as I was mentioning to to Dest. On another thread I have been the biggest one lately.
        I'm sorry yoga on but I had no love at the Apple Store. We didn't have the Apply care warranty so...for a mere 250.00 they will replace it... I'll think of somthing.
        Wow Destiny Double Digits
        :wd::wd:
        You are my Kwan!!

Nite nite
        :l
        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,

Well, I haven't been posting much as been busy and also drinking but I have checked in here and there to see where you're all at. Well done on those making great progress and nice to see some new faces too. This is a great group.

Byrdie, a special shout out to you - I'm so sorry for all you've been going through and I hope your brother is doing better. (I may well have missed some updates.) Thanks for being here supporting people at a time you need support yourself - you're a star.

Lav, your post about really making a commitment made me think. I reread stuff I posted on the 'My Story' thread back in October and I can see that's been an issue all along and is even now. I need to work out how to REALLY make that commitment.

I haveven't actually drunk as much here as I once might have - being more aware of it - but certainly had a few big binge nights that remind me why I need to quit and categorically cannot moderate - yet keep fooling myself about it. Last night I drank so much that today, instead of enjoying my last day in Bangkok eating street food, getting a massage and going swimming, as I'd planned, I am hovering near the toilet with stomach agony. FUN!

So, I'm flying home tonight and June 1st is my official quit date - though doubt I can drink on the plane tonight anyway if my stomach is still like this. So I'll be back in force soon I hope and look forward to catching up with you all properly.

Lilly x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Also, who mentioned the book Unwasted? Thanks to whoever did. I looked at it on Amazon and it looks fab so I ordered that and Kick the Drink. Hoping they'll be waiting for me when I return! I need the impetus right now!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all Nesters,

Beginning day 5 here. Since finding MWO I've had loads of AF days - 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (which I never did before coming here) but I've not managed to crack the week or beyond (:upset: sad but true). I've also had times (like Bydie said) when I've become much worse than I ever was before, not too often but often enough. This time is different and I know it.

So, R&R can I join you on getting through the weekend please. I will NOT be beat this time. It's Golden Jubilee celebrations this weekend and I'm off to a street party for hog roast but I've offered to drive (unheard of!). Last night I wobbled about that decision but this morning I was happy and determined. Otherwise I'm staying out of temptation's way. I love being sober and I want to know what it's like 30 days+.

Have a great day all
              You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone. I'm excited to be on Day 3.

Lilly - get on that flight and get a plan. You've got some good books waiting for you and some great support on this site. Sobriety will be such a great thing to come home to. I know you can do it.

FF - of course you can join us for a sober weekend. The more the merrier. I'm like you, I want more than anything to get a long string of days sober so I can think more clearly about this addiction of mine and not be so tormented by the beast every minute. I mean, I know the temptations don't stop by any means, but everyone says that it gets a little easier with each passing day. I haven't gone more than three weeks AF since I was too young to drink (I'm 43 now). It will be a new world for me, but one I'm ready to live in.

Let's all have a great sober day!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Rooni,

I like your new flower

Yes, we are similar. I'm 46 and can't remember a month's sobriety in my adult life. I hate saying that out loud! I also want to shift the unwanted pounds. My diet's good and I'm now regularly exercising so it's common sense that as I stop chucking alcohol down my neck, job done! We can do this
                  You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

You gals are going to love your new sober lives, I promise
                    Learning to be an adult non-drinker didn't turn out to be quite as hard as I imagined. Just stick with your plans, you'll be OK

Lilly, welcome back! Glad to have you with us again.

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Destiniey;1325862 wrote: Yogamom...it sounds like you had a nice night. I too have been watching NetFlix for the last few nights. I never used it before...I just subscribed for my daughter. I must admit that my sober self is liking it! Ha! Comgrats on day 7 tomorrow....that is awesome!!!!!
                      Destiny!! Two things: No. 1. I REALLY want to have a MWO reunion at your farm!! I am not too far away!

No. 2. Since you are enjoying Netflix, let me tell you about a series that I watched last weekend that is fantastic! It's called "The Killing". I loved it! The entire 1st series is on Netflix, and you will want to watch it all, lol. I did.

Morning everyone!!!!! It's "Friday" for me!:H:H Loving these long summer weekends. Hope everyone is doing great today.

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
                      Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Ronni, Hi Free
                        I turned 50 last March Yes, , same boat.-One month tops (not counting my 2 pregnancies) of not drinking every day...I wish so much that when I had joined in 2007 I had just committed and stopped.

I was 45. Seems a zillion years ago:upset:

But, I am here today, Day 11 :yay: So I am determined not to be 55 going...If Only!

check in later :l
                        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone! I hit double digits!!!!!! I can't believe it!!!! I am 42 yrs old and I can't remember not revolving my life around my next drink in my entire adult life! I am still really tired but it's nothing that a pot of coffee can't fix and I would rather be tired than hungover! Life is good and I have all of you to thank for it!

Lilly..Welcome back! I am so sorry that you hit some bumps in the road...but that's all that they are...bumps. You came back on here and shared your story and that is a great first step! It sucks that you are hovering over the toilet today especially when you have to fly home....but remember this feeling after your quit date when the beast tempts you to take a drink. Drink some gatorade and stay hydrated and I hope you have a good flight home!

Cat....enjoy that facial...I am so jealeous...I have never had one either! You deserve some special time so enjoy every minute of it!

Kradle....That sucks about Apple....and I was sending out such good vibes too...damn! Have a great day today!

Sausage....98 days!!!!! Wow.....that is such an accomplishment!!!!!! You are an inspiration!

Yogamom....day 7....that is GREAT! I am so proud of you!
                          AB Club Member
                          AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

LG and Dest - I'm up for a reunion too! I only live an hour away from Dest!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kradle - 50 is young. I know you can do this. I have a feeling that when you're 55, you're gonna look back five years and thank God that you got your life together. All of us are at the age where it's almost now or never. Our bodies just can't take the abuse but for so long, you know?

Keep it SOBER!

Check in later....

Comment

Newbies Nest

FreeFly...Good luck on day 5...you can do this!!!!!

Rooni...I like your new advice column from "Gramps" LOL...too funny! Congrats on day 3...stay strong!

LG...Thanks for the Netflix tip...I will have to check that out....sounds interesting! I haven't been to up for comedies yet...I have been watching the movies under the horror section.....it's nice to see people in worse situations than me! LOL 7 days....You go girl.....you have the beast by the short hairs now! Heehee You are definitely not far from me...I have a friend in Georgia and it's not that long of a drive at all. How fun would it be to have a sober weekend with all the locals on MWO! Not all of us have our pics on here so I would be looking around for a girl chewing gum and blowing a bubble and a cartoon of a pig and so on....and ya'll would be looking for Pegasus! LMAO
                                AB Club Member
                                AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Working...
                                X