Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

It's early afternoon on a gorgeous day in North Carolina, and I'm just checking in to say how nice it is to BE HERE SOBER and enjoy it. Hope you are also having a nice, sober day, wherever in the world you are!

Comment

Newbies Nest

OMG Daisy!
      Rowing! I am not worthy. The last thing I rowed was that machine at the YMCA after which I could barely drive home you should be super proud.

Hi LB. g lad you are chillin. Wouldn't worry about offending anyone...that's my job

Flyaway at 105! You are burning up. That is so great. Can't imagine it yet...

Dest and Roon, you guys r so lucky in NC. I love The Pac North West but lets face it, not a lot of fun in the sun here... I ski now. That's how desperate I got for outdoor stuff.

I wish I could send the girls over to u Destiny to help organize your tack room. they really love to clean and 'help' and of course anything to do with horses... I feel awful because one of their good friends is now so into her riding that she really has abandoned my girls for her 'riding' friends but I simply can't afford it. I have them in a great musical dance troupe and hey are really going strong there so hopefully this is balancing.

Sorry got off track...or Tack..ha ha.
      so I'm not spending my days drinking- I never did that really, just night time, but I am now here a lot so I am:

2 weeks with a slip on six.... I posted this on another thread but forgot which one which is disturbing as the Topabhas made me very very ditsy and I do feel almost hungover a lot...
      Maybe that is why I do not feel very accomplished right now....
      The alcohol has stopped but my mind set is still very down and out. But coming here and reading and talking...light years better than the alternative, that's for sure.
      Okay, better get my butt in gear. Plants to plant, children to save, husbands to piss off. ah, my work is ever done. :danthin:
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Kradle! I love how you are sounding so positive these days. Getting sober does help, doesn't it?:l I haven't flown off the handle in at least 3 days, and I count that as a blessing. I think I'm learning to manage the overwhelming reality of being sober just a bit.

Well, I got in some activity points today! I've cleaned the bathrooms, kitchen, living room, bedroom (one, mine ), on second load of laundry, vacuumed, cleaned ceiling fans...whew! About 2 hours of work so far. That might be it for the day. I cleaned my little dressing table where I do my hair and makeup, and it looks so nice, lol. That's something I hate doing because all the little bottles and products have to be moved, haha!

Bf's cooking some mussels and shrimp for a late lunch. Mmmm!!

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
        Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Birthday Cat!

We are having rain here in NJ. Just feel lazy and unmotivated. I need to get my butt in gear. I slept finally last night, but i still feel so tired. just keep sipping on my green tea.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well Yoga,

It's sunny and warm finally here in the great PAC NW and I am also feeling lazy and unmotivated.
            So I am super glad to have such great company :l

:h

PS, I also can not find any clean shorts.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Haha Kradle. Great that u have some sun. I lived up there for awhile near Fort Lewis and had such a hard time with the lack of sunlight. Should we just be lazy together? I really need to get some stuff done! I think dh prefers me sober and lazy. Off my butt and get dinner on the table and a few loads of laundry. LG - send me some of your motivation.......you sound like u are getting all sorts of stuff done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am originally from the East Coast...
                left in abject shame and misery ! :upset:
                Really I left to get away from my family. Poeple said if I got any further away from them I'd be living in Japan...Funny though, they managed to come with me...in my head :nutso:

I did plant this afternoon and My husband took the kids to see MIB. They loved it. I am taking the dog now to the dog park becasue it , wait for it, LOOKS LIKE FRICKEN RAIN ! And so I beter get my but in gear before Luna packs her things and joins a family hta pays her more attention,

Hugs :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Support neeeded for Newbie, Alcohol free day 1

Hi there,
                  I am new to this. I finally have had enoough of drinking my life away. 10 years of alcohol dependancy on and off, the past 16 months drinking evey day. My life was getting out of control. I have two young boys that I adore and I can't put drinking first anymore-I would never forgive myself. I would love support and encouragement, any words of wisdom or lovely tips would be appreciated.
                  Many thanks in advance.:new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cat, Happy Birthday! Glad it sounds like you had a fun - and booze free - one. I had my first AF birthday in like 20+ years last year. Hopefully this will be the 2nd

Flyaway, 105, whoot whoot! That is awesome.

Neney, welcome! Have you checked out the Toolbox thread yet? I'm not sure I can post the link but I'll try below. That is really helpful. As is just reading a lot here and posting. Maybe start a diary in 'My Story' you can refer back to and so people can get to know you? I personally also found just reading a lot generally about alcoholism and recovery has helped me - shout out if you want book recommendations.

Speaking of, I just finished 'Unwasted' and now I'm reading Kick the Drink (finally) and it's really speaking to me far more than the Carr one did - which just felt too much like a simple rehash of his quit smoking book. Who else here has read KTD? I think it's come up before...

Lilly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome to the nest Nene. We are all in this together. This place has given me the support i need to do this.

Here i am. Day 11! Just checking in before i get my butt in gear. I actually slept fairly well last night. I have so much to do today. How could i do it hungover?? And my coffee tastes so good too!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lilly I thought Kick The Drink was amazing and it was odd how I really didn't have the same cravings for alcohol by the time I finished reading it. Not totally gone, but much better. And it's been a while since I read it, but parts of it pop into my mind all the time. I recommend rereading it monthly or so in the beginning.

Yogamom--Way to go on Day 11! It was somewhere around 2 weeks or so in when I noticed that my sleeping was getting a lot better.

Destiniey--Where are you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning! Back at work, and another four days till weekend.:H Wishing my life away CANT be good.

Slept well last night, but not enough. I guess I fell asleep around midnight, and alarm woke me at 6:30...I am good on about 7 1/2, so any deficit is noticed now. Geez I didn't get sober to still feel tired, lol!

Nice to see everyone here and happy this morning. I'll check back later!

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
                          Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey LG.....I am finally sleeping through the night.....no more night sweats and I just get up once to pee....heehee. I am tired too....but from what I've been reading on here it's normal at this stage of the game....I suppose it's our bodies getting adjusted to the lack of AL.
                            AB Club Member
                            AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Fly....here I am!!!!!!! I was on here reading all the posts..just lurking in the background! My internet has been pretty funky the last couple of days with the weird weather here. I would write these long posts...as I am famous for...ha....and when I would try to send them I would get booted off.....I got pissed and gave up!
                              AB Club Member
                              AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Kradle.....send them my way..I can always use some help!!!!!! I know that lessons can be expensive....horses are definitely not a cheap hobby....but you should look into a local horse rescue group...they are always looking for people to feed and groom and they would probably be able to ride in exchange for helping around the barn. Just a thought! I think they would enjoy it!
                                AB Club Member
                                AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Working...
                                X