Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey again, falling asleep at my desk...feels like my drinking days, lol. Dest, I did go through all that tiredness, headaches and stuff when I first got sober, but I'm getting over it now...I've only had 3 oz. of AL since the first part of April.

Just posting to try and wake up...Roll on 5 o'clock!!!!

"I like people too much or not at all."
    Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Monday everyone!

LG - I am with you on already counting down until Friday! LOL Oh and thanks for not noticing I was out a couple days last week, I feel the love.
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Everyone:

Happy Fu... (oh sorry; wrong thread )
        Happy Happy Monday!

K9 You were definately missed :l and I thought of you yesterday at the dog park as I met this fun woman with another purbred shepard (hers is a gorgeous male from German lines and just a stunner) and Luna and he (her husband named this animal Johnny Ringo- for heavens sake! I'm your Huckleberry! sorry, Val Kilmner ref. ) got along so great we exchanged numbers and will take them both into the forest this week for trail walks..if it ever stops raining that is!

Destiney that's a good idea about the rescue horses. I know many of the farms around here rescue many of the older abused animals. Oh! amd you know how I mentioned their friend doesn't call anymore? Well she called yesterday and wanted them to come over..out of the blue. Too Karmic.

FLY I loved Jason Vale's Book (kept hiding it so my children couldn't read the title!) but I didn't like that at the end he said ' if you drink after reading this, well you just basically wasted your time. YOu wil never read this book the same way again." I really didn't think he needed to add that. It sort of ruined it for me though I I try to ignore it and do re-read the parts I find truly helpful. Just wish he hadn't said that at the end. Not Helpful. In my opinion.

Neney
        So Glad you found this Place. I have about 25 years wasted so good job in getting in the game early on! Thsi is a place like no other in my humble opinion. Not easy by any stretch but I think it's worth it. :l

Hi LB
        You can't fall aslepp in the library. That's our Job! Are you 15 today. I am 15 but feel silly. Like I'm jinxed or something. Like if I say " Hey I am over 2 fricken weeks by God!" and someone says , 'Holy Shit. That's so great!!" ... Well then I will just go out and have a rum and coke...Being happy about my life is not my strength

Okay, Heading off to check on the twins who are asleep after a really fun morning of throwing up. Yes, Ye Ol' Vomit Virus has once again graced us with his prescence. Lots of sleepy time and Voyagers today. Sorry if I forgot anyone...running again!

Go Capt Janeway!
        Hugs:l
        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Struggling again...

I miss you guys.
          Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Honey :l
            Glad to see you back. Want to talk about what's going on? We're here for you!

Kradle - I agree with you about the Vale book, about it only "working" one time. I think it could work as many times as you need it to....sometimes our brains don't "click" the first time, ya know? Anyways, I'm gonna pull mine out and read the parts I highlighted. Can't hurt.
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey K9! What did you do this weekend that was soooo great you couldn't even come on here and say Hi?! Hahaha, you want I check up on you like dis?:H:H:H

Afternoon is moving right along (not fast enough if you ask me)...

Kradle you crack me up!! I know, the first thing I used to think of doing when I got some good news was celebrating (with AL)!! Good times, bad times, AL was the answer. Congratulations on 15 days! I am at 22 days.

"I like people too much or not at all."
              Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations on 15 days! I am at 22 days.
                Oh SHit LB - Now I want to go have a 2 drinks ! :H

K9 - I should pull my book out too.

:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Neney, welcome and congrats on your Day 1. It has to start somewhere. Lots of support here, so jump in and tell us about yourself. Part of the strength of this place is to be able to go back to the beginning and see what brought us here...helpful when times get tough.
                  Honeysoup, welcome back. What got you? Good times? Bad Times? Can you identify what went on that justified it for you? You don't have to tell us, but i think it's important for us to understand which voices to listen to, and which you must tune out.
                  In my head, there will never be a justified reason to go down that path to hell again. No matter what and no matter who.
                  Welcome all!! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. Kind of cruddy weather here today. Running errands, doc appt, orthodontist, etc. went to wegmans - this awesome grocery store they have here - and managed to get out of their without going to the liquor store that is attached. I used to go there and spend so much. But i would pay cash so dh wouldnt see the credit card bill. Silly me.

I agree with you guys about the book. It was useful but did ot make me suddenly want to stop drinking so i have not looked at it again. Maybe i should pull it out and reread parts of it. I am working me way through the my story section on mwo. So much sadness, regret, pain, loss and then recovery and hope. It is really helping me.

catch up with everyone later tonight. Off to make dinner.

My younger brother called last night to talk about my other brother and his cancer dx. I know it is horrible and googling stuff is not going to help. My younger brother has researched it and was very sad on the phone. It is really hard.

Comment

Newbies Nest

HI Yogamom:

That is so wonderful your working on your story for the story section. I am nowhere near that level.
                      I look forward to reading it. You are already an inspiration. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh kradle, so sorry. I meant i am reading other people's stories. No, i have not even thought about putting my story up there yet. Maybe soon. I think it would be good therapy to write it all down.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Getting started

Hello. This is my first time on a site like this. I've never taken steps to stop drinking, so I'm not sure where to start. When my hangover subsides, I don't want to lose my resolve to quit drinking. I'm a binge drinker. If I have one, I'm having the whole six pack and probably more. I'm going to checkout the Toolbox. Is there anything else you can suggest that will help me? Thanks.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:new: hello. Like many of us I guess: I need help! I have not stopped drinking yet because I get too ill when I stop with anxiety and physical problems. I just want to stop but I have to start drinking again so I don't get sick and the idea of 'cutting back' has not really worked. I get down to a certain amount of drinks a day and then im just getting ill again... I never thought I would be this bad. I feel this has just sneaked up on me and now I have no control over it very very sad to be in this place

Hi Felipe1990 !!! i'm from Planet California too and I'm not sure it is the best place to be when you are trying to quit drinking .....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,

FlyAway, that's probably good advice re rereading Kick the Drink regularly in the beginning. I've been racing through it but may go back and highlight/post it some particularly helpful parts for when/if I'm struggling.

Anyone else got good book recommendations? I particularly like memoirs of people who've gone on to live successful sober, happy lives.

Who was it who mentioned 'Sober for Good'? I liked that too. Liked the range of people and solutions offered. AA is NOT one size fits all, IMHO.

Honeysoup - what's going on? Stay with us friend. Post, post, get back on the wagon. You can do this! What do you need right now to succeed?

Welcome also Felipe and Chinchilla
                              ! The Toolbox is a great place to start. As is reading through posts here generally. Are you a reader? There's a few books I've found helpful. Currently, 'Kick the Drink' by Jason Vale. Also 'Beat the Booze', 'Beyond the Influence' and 'Sober for Good'. Stay close and post, post, post is my best suggestion. You'll find lots of great help and inspiration here. :welcome:

Chinchilla
                              - I suffer from anxiety too and I can tell you that while it gets worse initially when you stop drinking it gets MUCH BETTER once you've quit for awhile. Honestly! Read up on the relationship between anxiety and alcohol - it is a massive factor! It sounds like you may need to do a medical detox. Are you under medical supervision? Is rehab an option for you?

I'm still wiped out from the bug I got at the end of my trip. Sleeping 12 hours a night. Just feel like hibernating right now but have SO many things on this weekend. Literally things every night from Wed-Mon and during the days too - it's a long weekend. Everyone wants to catch up cause I've been away so long. Which is lovely, but I just want to curl up on the sofa with a book.

Not too worried about drinking though. Although Saturday night might be a challenge - birthday party dinner that will involve mega boozing as usual. But I'm feeling pretty determined right now!

Go well all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yogamom.....I LOVE Wegmans! We don't have one here but when I visit my family in NJ I get to go there! I love the atmosphere...great store!
                                AB Club Member
                                AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Working...
                                X