X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I had no idea he was 91,,
    God bless 'em.
    When I was at university most of my friends hated the royals. I think it was sort of ' vogue'
    As an American I had no opinion one way or the other- - maybe more in favor though and then Diana came along and all bets were off...we simply adored her :h:h
    I cried for days, still get weepy thinking about it. I blame Charles. Sorry, I do.

As for Cathernine and William, well I wish them the best but I can't watch them. I keep thinking Diana should be there...
    Forgiving and forgetting the past is not one of my strengths. :no:

Thanks for the update Sausage. Hope you stayed dry and snug.
    :l
    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sausage, congratulations on your 103 days!
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kradle -
        I do get sad when I see the Queen, Catherine and CAMILLA....I agree that should have been Diana standing in the middle. After everything she went through, she deserved to see her sons grow up. She died the day I had my baby shower, one week before my daughter was born. My daughter is now a Sophomore in High School....seems unbelievable how fast it went!
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Agreed Chinchilla. I haven't lived in the sun for 30 years... feeling like I'm on permanent vacation isn't helpful. I'm praying you will be given every ounce of strength you need to conquer this!

Comment

Newbies Nest

How are you doing today Felipe?
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bitter sweet 16

I'm at 16 days.....

I think I am okay.
              Trying not to get to emotional or think too much.
              Staying close to the nest and all of you.
              :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nestlings!

Congrats on your AF time Kradle - keep going.

Welcome to all the newbies just arriving & some returning.
                Make good plans for yourselves & stay close to MWO, it worked for me

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,

I hate being in another hemisphere to all of you sometimes - means I just have to catch up on 24 hours of posts at once so I feel I miss things and/or post crazy long replies to it all at once.

Anyway, Day 7 here and feeling good! Been to the gym the last 3 days. Been eating really healthily. I'm already down an unbelievable 1.2 kilos (2.6 lbs) since I weighed myself Saturday. Makes me wonder if part of that was just alcohol bloat?

Kradle and K9 - I haven't got to the part of the Vale book where he says if you drink again you've wasted your time. I wouldn't like that either. Hell, I read the Carr book seriously like half a dozen times before I quit. It wasn't the magic bullet some claim it is but it still ultimately really helped me. So I'm just going to ignore that part!

Ishybit - Welcome! And well done on almost 30 days! That's terrific. Tell us more about you.

Gingersnap - welcome back! I think I have lost count of how many 'day 1s' I have had now but I still have hope - lots of hope - that I can do it. There's no shame in admitting these things here - that's what we're here for. If that humiliating experience can spur you on to a serious quit - well, I say use it. And listen to Byrdie, that was some great advice she gave you there. And post lots.

Lilly

Comment

Newbies Nest

So I went to Barnes and Noble today on my way home and bought the Allen Carr book "The Easy Way to Stop Drinking". Talk about feeling like a loser...I mean...why the hell do they put the Self Help aisle over by the cafe....I felt like everybody was looking at me...ugh! Then I tried "hiding" it under another book while I was on the checkout line. A very uncomfortable experience but I started reading the book and I am glad I got it!

Kradle....16 days....AWESOME! I am so proud of you! I am 1 day behind you! So if you hear someone walking up behind you it's just me! LOL

Ginger...I also have no one to confide in except for the people on here. My husband knows about my drinking but he is not very understanding as he has no desire to drink at all. I would be horrified if my friends and family knew.....so I am thankful for this site and the wonderful people on here. I was the same way...when I was hungover in the morning I would tell myself that I was never going to drink again....then as the day went on and I started feeling better the beast would creep in my head and and before I knew it I had a bottle of vodka and back on that vicious cycle again! I am 15 days AF and I found that coming on here and posting and reading other posts really helped. The L-Glut, Milk Thistle and Kudzu are supplements that work really well too! Good luck and stay close!

Honey...you are not alone!!!! I rarely drank in public....I would drink before I went out and after I got
                    home. I drank by myself...everyday....totally pathetic! K9 came up with a good idea....swich things up a bit in the house. I love my house too..and I never want to feel uncomfortable in it....it's amazing how much more I enjoy it sober!!!!! Good luck and stay close!

Ishy....glad to see you on here....I was wondering where you had gone to!!!! Congrats on almost 30 days.....that is AWESOME!

Felipe and Chinchilla.....how are you both doing today???

Byrd....love, love, love all of your advice!!!!! What would we do on here without you! That NC honesty and wisdom is so refreshing!!!!!!!!
                    AB Club Member
                    AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters. welcome back sausage. welcome to all the new people! You are in a good place. Destiny, i can so relate to your shame with the book. I downloaded it and i was trying to figure out how to hide it from my dhs kindle. Or my kids. We all share accounts. Hide, hide, hide. Like we are foolings anyone. So, i was the same as u honey. Did most of my drinking at home. I would come home from a party where inwas the DD and then pour myself a big tall glass. I didnt mind not drinking because i knew when i got home i could "unwind" ..... Same hangover in the am.

Beautiful day here. Beautiful day 13. Really?
                      are u ok kradle? You sounded kind of down.

Byrdie, lav, k9...thanks for all your wisdom and support.

Got to go and get the kids where they need to be. I found a community garden down the street and i am thinking about planting some tomatoes there. The kids loved the idea. We'll see. Take care all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Does anyone here have a work-at-home job? I have been working from home for many years, but now that is going to change. My company has decided that they want all employees to start coming into the office now. At first, I was upset, but then I figure that it's actually a good thing.

My drinking has really been enhanced because of working at home. I don't typically drink while working, but it has given me the freedom of sleeping in later than normal, taking little baby naps, and slipping out early for cocktail hour. Now that's all changed. No more dragging through the day hungover, pretending to be working hard. I have to be bright-eyed and bushy tailed now.

This is a good thing.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning All. Hi Yogamom & Dest, are we the first posters today? The Nest is not as active lately...

Day 25 here...when I get to day 40 I will have reached a milestone. In April, I drank on my 40th day. Here's to reaching day 40!!!

Check back lataaa!

LG

Rooni, cross post!! Good morning! I would hate to go back to an office after having that freedom of working at home, but I do see where it could be a blessing.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                          Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone and a big thanks for the support and welcome!
                            Destiniey,you crack me up as do you K9! I think they should be a little more discreet and move the self help section. You guys should see the bag of al books I have hidden deep in my closet, in drawers and on my kindle! Yet again, my "stash" is a reminder that I've had a problem for a very long time.
                            Gingersnap, how's it going today? Bryd, the diet reference is spot on. I will have to put that in my box of arsenal. Well yesterday started out great and then I turned into a lunatic around dinner time. Annoyed when my husband doesn't react they way I want him to. I mean come-on, I'm ALWAYS right. I'm sure it is also part of my witching hour. It's amazing how I can feel so strong and then the simple sight of a nice wine glass can throw me off for a bit.
                            O.k. Shhhhhhh, I cleared 30 days and yes I'm proud but I feel like I need to get further down the road before I really cheer.
                            Have great AF day everyone!
                            Ishy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ishy, there's no shushing us!!! We are proud of your 30 Days!!! It is with great pride, that I bestow upon you...your hat: :bday2: This is a big day is our sober journey...well done!! I was like you about jinxing myself, but mine was that date thing at the bottom. Seems like every time I put a date down there, I blew it. But by golly, I wouldn't take a million bucks for it now! So proud of you...stay strong and now you must watch for the pity party phase! Don't fall for it, stick close to us! Glue yourself in place! XO, Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone

The market is ripping and I am making back all the feels those bastards at bank of America gouge me for every year just for breathing on their ATM's !

Anyway, Destiny, I love EBay! Every book (unless its one of my oldies from my used book stores here) is shipped. Alot of times shipping is free and i dont mind the wait and the only one staring at me in the cafe is the dog. Remember that scene in When Harry Met Sally ? "Someone is staring at you in personal growth..." No thanks :H

Day 17 for me and day 16 for you.
                                :yay::yay: US!
                                and to everyone else on there respective AF days.

PS- I am only a little down regarding DH who is more like FHA) if you get my drift

Comment

Working...
                                X