• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

On to Day Three Destiney: Whoo Hooo!

Sleep Well and dream of APPPPPPPPS !:h

:l
    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Destiniey - didn't even think to look around for an android app! Great idea! Looking now....

One called Control Alcohol from a hypnotherapist group - seems to be some motivational quotes and stuff. Also some hypnotherapy recordings. It's $5, so I'll look into it a bit more...

Another $5 one called Alcohol Abuse Hypnosis. Both apps have 5 stars, although only one person voted for the second one.
      AF Since: June 8

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Aero....I am going to keep looking too!
        AB Club Member
        AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

:rangerOmgod....it's midnight and I am on the computer looking for apps....I am "appy happy" LOL I just noticed that you were on here too Kradle....then I remembered you're in Seattle....3 hour difference! Ha!
          AB Club Member
          AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Here is what I found so far.....Sober Apps - Android
            AB Club Member
            AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all- morning here in uk. Day 3 - just reading up on research l- glut etc. Trying to learn as much as I can. Hope all is well and everybody enjoyed success last night. Look forward to reading all posts today. Px
              Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

So my drinking buddy friend from the pool wants to meet for breakfast this morning. I figure that's safe since no alcohol can be served until noon. The thing is....she is the only one who I "think" would be respectful of my wishes not to drink. I've met her out twice recently and did not drink, and she didn't say a word. I've also heard her say she felt like she had a problem in the past. Her husband doesn't help. He drinks a lot and has gotten I think three DUIs in the past 10 years. Ouch!

Anyway, I'm going to meet her for breakfast. I don't know how much I want to say about the alcohol thing. I've told her I needed to quit drinking many times just to show up at the bar two days later. So, I can't blame her for not taking me seriously when I tell her. I hesitate to tell her today so I won't jinx myself.

Oh well.....

I'm not sure who said this, but someone said I shouldn't really have to say anything about not drinking. My friends will figure it out just by me not drinking!

Happy Sunday everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Sunday my dear Rooni! It sems as though she really would like to hang out with you. I am so hoping for for your sake that her intention are good. I think it would help you so much if you had someone that you could hang with without AL being an issue. It's totally up to you...but I would just tell her that you are moving full steam ahead with your Weight Watchers...meetings and weigh ins etc, and AL will just blow it! Perhaps she will be a fun friend that you can do breakfast with on weekends. I am sure once she sees how great you look and energized and happy maybe she will realize that it's not fun waking up hungover. Once you are in a safe place with your AF life maybe you will want to tell her or maybe it will be something that is just silently respected between the two of you. Who knows...when she sees the success that you are having she may just be the one that opens up about her drinking. Baby steps girl....baby steps! Have fun!!!!!!!!!
                  AB Club Member
                  AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Patricia....It is morning here but I think it is afternoon where you are!!! What is the time difference?? I did so much research on the different supplements that I thought my head was going to explode....wayyyy to much information for a pickled brain! The L-Glut is awesome and very safe. Some people prefer the powder but I have had great luck with the capsules. I have noticed that it's the schedule that you take them on that really makes it work. I take 1 morning, lunch, afternoon and before bed. I also take the Kudzu with the L-Glut. Lunchtime I add Milk Thistle and Omega 3 into the mix and then at night I just take the L-Glut and Kudzu. If I get a bad craving I will take an extra L-Glut if needed. I have even had to open one of the capsule and put the powder under my tongue.they say you can do that in emergencies. Omgod...it was gross...turned to paste! Yuck! Enjoy you AF day 3....congrats....it's my day 3 too!
                    AB Club Member
                    AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Another grad party last night. Another easy win over the beast. And we did a grocery run to stock up for our little shindig tonight. There are 6 bottles of wine in my house. I have no desire for them. But I'll still let someone else uncork and serve...

Happy Sunday everyone. Stay the AF course!
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      "Indecision brings its own delays, and days are lost lamenting over lost days."
                      ~ from Goethe's Faust

:target: AF as of May 8, 2012
                      :target: Non-smoker as of Sept. 15, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow...Monique...that is great! I am so proud of you!!!!! Keep up the good work and have fun at your shindig tonight!!!!!!
                        AB Club Member
                        AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning! I am late rising this a.m. Went to sleep finally sometime after 1 am. I was reading, got sleepy then something woke me and I got up and read again till 1. BF woke me banging around the house sometime after that. If I didn't know better I'd say he was drunk, lol.

Not sure what I'm doing today. I had a few plans that I thought I might do, but might just hole up here at home and relax for this last day before the work week starts over. Feeling a bit "under the weather" this morning too. I cried reading Dixon's post last night, and again this morning listening to Fleetwood Mac's Silver Springs (scottishman posted the video). If I didn't know for certain I was NOT, I'd think I'm definitely in the family way.

Good to see you here this morning Dest. Rooni, I hope your breakfast goes well, and hopefully your friend is seeing the light finally.

Check back later!

Lg

P.S. Yesterday we stopped by the grocery store to pick up a few things before we came home, and as we passed the beer isle I said to bf, "Do you think it would be ok for me to get just a six pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade (just to see what he would say)? He said, "No! It would just mess you up and you would have to start counting your days again. It wouldn't do you any good."

"I like people too much or not at all."
                          Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all. First day on this site. I tried to make a committment at the start of this year to stop drinking. My journey has been up and down. While I have more non drinking days this year than ever before, the drinking days are almost never casual. My family could really use an alcohol free husband and father.
                            Today is Day One for me. I can use all the encouragement and teaming up that might be available. I know this is what I need to do, and want to do. It is so easy to get knocked off the horse by well intentioned friends and family, but of course blaming them is silly. I need to own this. One day at a time. Open to all ideas. Look forward to lots of posting and new friends!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gdog;1332565 wrote: I know this is what I need to do, and want to do.
                              :welcome:
                              Gdog, you're at the right place. And we've all been there, some of us (myself included), over and over and over. I've found the folks on this thread to be unwaveringly supportive, non-judgemental, candid, and optimistic. Good luck and congratulations on Day 1 - admitting there's a problem and deciding that you really want to change are very positive first steps.
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              "Indecision brings its own delays, and days are lost lamenting over lost days."
                              ~ from Goethe's Faust

:target: AF as of May 8, 2012
                              :target: Non-smoker as of Sept. 15, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks akaMonique! Your 30 days AF was on my birthday, so taking that as a sign of affirmation from above.

Comment

Working...
                                X