Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Oh no....don't say that LG....think happy thoughts!!! Ha!

I am heading to bed....I am tired and my farrier is coming in the morning to shoe my horses. I am hoping that after I brush my teeth and make my way into the guest room...that's where I sleep now (temporarily) because I need that alone time....that I can fall asleep. If not..I will be back! Ha!

:bedtime:
    AB Club Member
    AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Heading to bed myself. A hard evening but survived. Watched a movie with the family and one of the kids was driving me nuts. That gin and tonic was whispering to me but I ignored her. Made her mad so she was very cranky with me.

It has always been easier in the short term to deal with parenting with a supply of poison to escape into. What a cheap way to be a Dad. Says volumes to the gang. Alcohol is first, I am second, and you are third.
      Off to bed. First night or two of not drinking is normally not smooth so just hoping the coffee is good in the morning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good night Gdog! I am so proud that you were strong tonight. Just think how good you are going to feel in the morning! And yes.....that coffee is going to taste better than it ever has!!!!!!
        AB Club Member
        AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,

Thanks Destiney for posting about supplements. Really helpful. Well, I'm now on day four and feeling okay but then I do enjoy my work and it is Monday. I'm going to take L-glut around 3pm (have already taken one) which will hopefully help my resolve as I edge towards 'witching hour. Hope everyone is okay and happy?

Px
          Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, all! I just wanted to congratulate everyone on their sober weekends - some of us have a few days, and some of us have many days. Monique - you are doing terrific, and I just know your son is soooo proud of you!

It's starting to rain here in NC, and I am starting my work week feeling good. Ready to get some more sober days under my belt!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon Rooniferd - PM here in the UK - wishing us all success. Px
              Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rooni my girl!!!!! It's icky here too...not raining yet but looks like the sky is going to open up at any minute! Have a good day at work today and I am so glad that you are feeling good! YAY!

Patricia...we are both waking up to day 4 and we are going to master this journey. But just like putting gas in a car to keep going up that nasty hill...we take supplements. Don't be afraid to start taking the L-Glut this morning....whatever it takes to keep on keeping on!!!!!!
                AB Club Member
                AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well the coffee tastes ok, but the night of sleep was not so good. Had to get up super early to take a teen to work, so I am tired already. I know it gets easier, and am very happy to be on Day Two.

Way to go everyone else. Thanks for the encouragement. This is going to be a permanent lifestyle change!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I was just catching up on the local news and read this article: Driver faces slew of charges after fatal, wrong-way Raleigh wreck. This 23-yr-old girl was driving drunk the wrong way on the interstate. An oncoming car tried to avoid her and ended up flipping into the guardrail, killing one person and injuring another. She kept driving!

This girl's life is changed forever. She will probably do jail time....Can you imagine the guilt she will suffer as a result of this???? Can you imagine how the family of the deceased person felt when they got that phone call this morning - "I'm sorry, but your son was killed by a drunk driver early this morning...."

I really shutter to think how many times I've driven drunk over the years. I can't believe I never killed someone or myself. I have truly been given a second chance, and for that, I am completely grateful.

Comment

Newbies Nest

YAY Gdog....congrats on day 2!!!!!!!! I had a restless night myself...tossing and turning and really weird dreams. I even had a dream where someone was going after my mother and I went to punch him in the face and I punched the wall instead which woke me up! Hmmm...I guess it's a good thing I am not sleeping with my husband while I get through these first days! Ha! Other than that..I am doing good. I am really tired too but I do know from experience that this is just temporary. Keep the coffee close at hand and good luck today!!!!!!!!!
                      AB Club Member
                      AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow Roon..I am going to have to put on the local news!!!! So sad!
                        AB Club Member
                        AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all. My coffee tastes great! Good job Gdog! Those teens need us, don't they. 24/7. And they need us sober. You sound like you are ready to do this.

Rooni...that is a horrible story. A life lost, and a life changed for ever. For what? AL? What a sad waste. It really gets me angry at AL.

Kradle...yup I turned 50 last month. Part of my desire for change. I want a better life for the next fifty!

Patricia.....keep up the good work!

Destiny....did u get to ride yesterday?

AFM....mountains of laundry today. Check in on my bro. End of school year stuff. Nothing fun but a whole lot better not hungover.......

Day 18! Yeah!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning All!! I just realized when I was replying to a post this morning that I had been saying the wrong thing all this time regarding my AL intake. I was drinking half of a 1.75 liter every day, and sometimes 3/4!! I've been saying half a 750 ml, but it was way more!

Rooni, that is horrible!! I remember too many times driving drunk as well. Thank god I never caused anyone to have an accident.

Morning G-dog, Dest., Patricia and everyone I can't name at this minute, lol. Hope everyone is having a great day so far.

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
                            Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone.

Gdog - yes sleep is evasive when we've been accustomed to drinking ourselves into sleep and we all have our triggers ... so good for you for staying the course. I woke up at 3:45 am and couldn't get back to sleep. But still, 6 hours isn't so bad. I'll just hit the wall this afternoon.
                              The first week is the hardest although I'm now an evangelist for medical detox which made it oh so much more tolerable. Just try and remember how uncomfortable it is so you don't keep going through it those first days over and over (like I did.)

Patricia, Desti, Rooni, Kradle, LG, Yogamom
                              - Have a great week and congratulations on a sober weekend!

And speaking of sober weekends, yes, I got through 3 nights of parties AF, but even better than that, it wasn't difficult or uncomfortable or weird. It's like some kind of switch has been activated and the obsession is gone. Dark and incessantly racing thoughts have been replaced with contentment and gratitude and hope and love. Yes and rainbows and unicorns

I think it was reaching a point where I knew I needed help and reaching out for whatever lifeline I could grab on to. Instead of just relying on me, since I had proven over and over that wasn't enough. The definition of insanity we all know so well. Doing the same thing hoping for different results. So doing it differently this time with a Dr.'s supervision and counseling has made all the difference for me. And it wasn't expensive! (Prolly less than the cost of a month's wine consumption.)

I was even opening bottles of wine and serving others. And there were three bottles left over (what is it with these normal drinkers? - how do they just have a glass or two?) Yes, I was proud of my son and I know he was pleased with his party and the effort his mom made, even if he doesn't know the twists and turns it took to get there and how bleak it was just 5 weeks ago.

Well, up this early at least I'll get into work early. Take care everyone. Thanks for being here.
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              "Indecision brings its own delays, and days are lost lamenting over lost days."
                              ~ from Goethe's Faust

:target: AF as of May 8, 2012
                              :target: Non-smoker as of Sept. 15, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,
                                I have not posted here for a while as i wanted to sort me head out, but i am really pleased to say that i am nearly at the end of day 6 A/F
                                I have been reading back and it sounds like you are all doing really well
                                It is sooo good to wake up clear headed in the mornings instead of worrying what you might of done or said to people and just hoped that you did not upset anyone!
                                Well i am enjoying being flat out on the sofa relaxing before going off to bed xx
                                :dancin: enguin:
                                starting over

Comment

Working...
                                X