Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Kradle..my dear sweet Kradle....first off I just want to tell you that I am so proud of you for going 28 days AF...that is so much longer than I have gotten!!!!! So you had a little slip...no biggie...dust yourself off and come back up in the nest. I am back up in here...sitting on a pillow cuz my ass hurts from falling out!!! Ha!!!!! I wish I was there for you when you were struggling but I guess I was too wrapped up in my own self destructive ways! Ugh! It seems as though a few of us fell from the nest over the weekend...LillyE is going to do a 30 day AF bootcamp..I am thinking about joining that.
    AB Club Member
    AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav...Omg...your puppy is precious!!!!!!! I just want to cuddle with it!!!

LG/Kradle.. HaHaHa..totally got a visual of leading Kradle around the round pen. I wish you didn't live os far from us Kradle....we could have a play date! LOL

Belle...welcome back!!!!!!!
      AB Club Member
      AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

LillyE......Hey girl...count me in for your boot camp....this day by day shit isn't working for me..I need a longer AF goal.
        AB Club Member
        AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Wonderful Destiney:

Just PMd you.

What is the AF Boot camp? Is this a real or a 'virtual' place? Sounds fun
          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

GDog, thanks, 17 days felt really good. I was sad to realise today would have been day 20. Ah well, onwards and upwards and well done to you. And also well done to Dest and Kradle for jumping right back into the Nest.

So, BOOT CAMP I just threw the term out there really but since people seem to like it and be up for it - let's do it. Should I start a new thread? Maybe we should all post our reasons for wanting to make it to 30 days and daily 'no excuses' reflections. The first rule of boot camp is that you don't talk about boot camp... Wait...

But seriously, any suggestions boot campees? I just know I could use some additional form of motivation and it sounds like others should too. Maybe we should all set some other goals too. Some 'no excuses' tough stuff goals?

I'm in computer hell... arrrggghhh... so if I vanish a bit it doesn't necessarily mean I'm drinking again. Spent all day playing IT - sometimes it sucks to be self employed - and now while I can use my computer I can't access my account with all my necessary work files. Going a bit crazy!

Hope other people's days are going better!

L

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey guys
              I haven't been around for a while, and now am back on day 1
              Made two weeks, but have problems at home with my husband and turned to good dear friend semillon to numb my feelings.
              Looks like I need to post and stay super close
              Will start reading the toolbox again.
              Today I chose to start living!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I was going to start a Boot Camp thread but I'm so freakin' grumpy after today I haven't the energy right now, maybe tomorrow. Though I wonder if it'd just be doubling up on the Nest? Though making it a new thread might find some newbies who aren't posting here who could use a push to get to 30 days too? What do people think? Was thinking Boot Camp could involve:

- Posting WHY you want to get to 30 days
                - How you're going to get there, what tools are at your disposal
                - Posting each day for 30 days how you're going for accountability (and if you slip you have to leave boot camp til next time??)

Any other ideas? I am open to all suggestions.

On another note, re *that* thread, I just want to say that I REALLY appreciate all the support of all of you longtimers here - it is wonderful. K9, you said what I was thinking to be honest - that if people are feeling things have changed and there isn't enough serious support being offered to newbies then why not just jump in and offer it instead of just stirring up a shit storm? Just my two cents..

Comment

Newbies Nest

How about we get T shirts going that say AF Boot Camp Survivor. Or I went to AF Boot Camp and all I got was this lousy T Shirt and my life back.

Had a huge stress late last night after I thought the evening was over, but had no interest in alcohol so that was a plus.

Day two: staying humble and sober

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gdog;1337269 wrote: How about we get T shirts going that say AF Boot Camp Survivor. Or I went to AF Boot Camp and all I got was this lousy T Shirt and my life back.

Had a huge stress late last night after I thought the evening was over, but had no interest in alcohol so that was a plus.

Day two: staying humble and sober
                    :H:H

I think I need a giant wollypop today - I've been trying to fix this damn computer on and on for 9 hours and it's just not working. I'm giving up, going to bed and hoping tomorrow will be a better day. Have volunteer work in the morning which will probably be good for me - a reminder that there are people out there with bigger problems than my own.

Night all from Down Under.

GDog CONGRATS on Day 2. It does get easier every day. The first week is hard. Hang in there. You can do it.

L x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gdog....Congrats on day 2!!! Thats definitely a positive sign that you went through a stressful time and didn't think about AL!!!!!!

LillyE....I hope you have a better day today. Maybe your computer fixed itself while you were sleeping....doesn't hurt to dream...right!? Ha!
                      AB Club Member
                      AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello people! How are you all?

I'm just popping on to give a quick hello. I'm on day 210! Hmmmmm never thought I would get here! Reading About the newbies and just wanted to say keep the faith. I look back on what I was like and never want to go back there again! I see things so much clearer- am happier- not worried about my next drink- how muh I am drinking- Where to buy and where to hide the bottles.

I spend so much quality time with my 16m daughter and I can truly say it is te best present I can give her and myself. Even hubby says I am a better person to be around. I do have temptation days. For. Get me wrong. Even joked with hubby that I may have wine here and there. In reality I know I can't and at these times I come back on MWO and have to remind myswlfnf where I was and how things can escalade out of I control. I still need to come back and read where people have slipped and gone Back to AL. It really does take a hold of you no body and soul.
                        Since quitting I am tutoring students again- have my yoga business card done an ready to distribute. Working on flyers and my yoga blog and am meeting locals to get my pregnancy yoga teaching off the mark. I would be here all morning listing the other things I can now do without having to worrry about hangovers and suchlike. Most important is saving ?1000 at the moment on not drinking both at home and outside. I am saving up to do my well woman course in the fall! To complement my yoga! Bever never thought I would do all this and raise my child without any help from carets and minders!

I guess I read and don't post much these days but wanted to pop a hello and write a little and maybe give others some hope!

Sorry was meant to be a short post! Keep trying and trying. If you have a drink get back up try again.
                        Ps Byrdie. Do I get a hat or something. Lol :-)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone; back on board today. I was silly enough to break my AF stretch but I don't want to go to that 'dark' place again. I figure if I just suck it up and stay AF then the first few days should be easier than it would if I were drinking for a longer period.

After only 2 nights drinking, I look dog-rough.....and I've allowed alcohol to take another 2 days - I have better things to be doing than nursing a hangover. The majority of this year has been AF so I will keep that in mind rather than focus on this past 2 days.
                          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning nesters. good job gdog. Boot camp sounds fantastic. i need a boot in my rear end if i dont slay this evil beast. I need to go to battle for sure.

daist...good attitude. Get right back on board, you can do it.

thanks for the encouragement Minstar. You sound like you are doing great. That is where i want to be.

having headaches with my college boy today...whole separate post. snuggling with my princess here in bed with my coffee.

stay close and stay sober.

AF since June 15

Comment

Newbies Nest

The Nest is a great place to be – old, new, starting over. It is where I NEED to be. The support here is never ending and ongoing in such a positive way, it really gives me time to pause. That a network such as this, can touch us in such a remarkable way is priceless. AND I never thought I would feel that way, as I am a skeptic at heart.

I loved reading everyone’s posts lately and it has given me courage to come here and renew my commitment to try to be AF for life. I was sober for about 190 days, and I don’t think I ever felt better. Not great, but definitely better. So…to make a long story short, I’d rather be alcohol free than trying to moderate at any level. What a mess that can become.

I come back here with my head down and feeling shameful, but I have learned a valuable lesson. My never ending journey is well under way and I am so grateful to have found a place to share my struggles with. Thanks for not judging me too harshly.

I have been reading everyone’s posts lately, but felt reluctant to contribute. Everyone is doing such good work in becoming the person they want to be and it is all very different, which makes it so much more beautiful.

Yes! I read that thread and it was very disheartening. This is a good and valuable place and everyone, at any level deserves to be respected for their effort.

As hard as it is for me, I hope to come here daily to post – to offer help and receive help as much as possible. I am looking forward to getting to know you all better and renew old friendships. I love the idea of boot camp too!! Just what I need right now.

Oh yeah....and 100 days from today is September 26th -- one day before my first big quit day. That has some meaning to me as that was my original goal way back in September and I did it, so I am more than hopeful I can commit to a year this time and beyond. GULP. .....I am scared.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone!

Kinda messed up Sunday evening, but I'm back on track now. I visited my dad for Fathers Day, and then I texted a friend from high school to see if I could drop by before heading back to Raleigh. She suggested we go out to a restaurant instead. She said she was having trouble with her boyfriend and needed a margarita.....

I should have squashed it right then, but I didn't. I went, and yes I drank. And then I drove back home like a complete dumbass.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I just CANNOT be in drinking situations and expect to succeed. All my will flies out the window, I forget all the reasons I can't drink, and I start drinking! I wish all my friends and social situations didn't involve drinking....

Yesterday morning, I started fitness boot camp at 6am. I was a little hungover, but fortunately not too bad. We ran, did situps, pushups, squats, and all other kinds of assorted painful activities. I'm so sore now, I can hardly walk! We meet three times a week for eight weeks.

I really want to succeed at this fitness boot camp. I know I can't do it if I'm drinking.

Here's to a sober Tuesday everyone!

Kradle - I just love your strawberry patch story. You could totally turn that into a children's book!

Comment

Working...
                                X