Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi I'm a newbie, I'm reading through some of the threads and had to laugh at what Kradle said - whenever I try to kick the alcohol I want to eat anything I can get my hands on!! What is up with that? I'm starting to think it could be a distraction thing for me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ok BOOT CAMPERS ... stick your hand up who's in again because I forget now ... so I can keep track of you all officially. *cracks the whip*

Windy's post got me thinking about committing to 100 days but maybe one thing at a time. I hope this will help us all feel accountable because I know I'm feeling less enthusiastic after failing to make it to 30 days on day 17. I realised 25 is actually my longest - looking back at an old journal.

So, who's with me?

Goodo.

Let's start with?

1) Yes I'm in!
      2) Your quit date and what day you're on
      3) Your main motivation
      4) In brief, where you're at in your quitting drinking cycle. First attempt? Been trying awhile? Had long periods before etc?

I'll start...

1. Day 4 here though as most of you know I did 17 days from June 1st then had one (big) night off the wagon.

2. I'm tired of the on-off hamster wheel and I know there're lots of reasons I'm happier alcohol free, though it's hard for me to sustain and the idea of AF forever ... well, I'm still not there as far as total comittment to it, so I'd like to get some good AF time behind me and see what a difference it makes to how I feel.

3. For almost a year I've been worrying seriously about my drinking and having small stints AF, from a few days to a few weeks - typically two to three weeks before I cave. Started with trying to do Dry July last year and failing Worringly, in the past I've found a period AF sometimes leads to an increased period of bingeing.

I'll try to keep the Boot Camp tools coming as much as I can. Maybe head up your posts BOOT CAMP so those who aren't joining can skim if they prefer.

Yogamom
      , sorry to hear it's been a rough patch. I had one myself this week and felt like my only consolation was that I wasn't drinking. I mean, I would have gotten even less done and felt even worse if I had been though the stress made me sure feel like some wine. On which note, Windy, that was useful to hear you say about being AF and stress. I also feel much calmer overall when I'm not drinking.

L x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi LillyE!!!! I am have lost track of who was on board with the boot camp so I put in my signature that I am a member...this way everyone can see it. Perhaps everyone should do that so when we read posts we know who is doing this with us.....just a thought! Crack that whip girl!:b&d:

1. I am in!!!!

2. Day 4 for me after I went 17 days a month ago. I still think of how many days I would have under my belt if I hadn't caved and it makes me angry!

3. I am so disgusted with this vicious cycle. I am tired of being like a slave to the bottle. When I drink then end result for me is feeling weak, stupid, disgusted, ashamed, sad and pathetic to name a few. These are not words that I would use to describe myself when I am AF.

4. I have tried to quit off and on....but have not really gotten alot of days behind me. When I first moved here I went close to 30 days but only because I didn't know where any liquor stores were. I knew how to get my daughter to and from school and that was it. I was strong and managed to stay AF during a stressful move to another state. I often think to myself if I could do it then why the hell do I struggle so much now!!!! I felt so good when I was 17 days AF last month and I desperately want to have that feeling again!
        AB Club Member
        AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rooni! Hey there my NC buddy!!!! How is boot camp going???? Are you still sore! It must be tough having to get up that early and be motivated to work out to boot!!!! I am so proud of you!!!!
          AB Club Member
          AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesties! How's everyone? Just checking in..

I left my lunch bag at home this morning sitting on the stove.:upset: All my healthy snacks and my perfectly calorie-counted lunch. I did drink my smoothie, but I've no snacks and lunch is another 4 hours away. I do have some strawberries and a cup of yogurt in the fridge here, so that will have to do until I can go somewhere to get lunch.

Where's Rooni? I was interested in hearing about boot camp! My next goal is to start exercising regularly. Won't be boot camp tho, lol.

Dest, Lily, Lav hello!! Newbies and anyone I missed, BIG HELLO!!!:nicemeeting::colorwelcome:

"I like people too much or not at all."
            Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

A bit of a challenge this weekend, but I will stay vigilant, which is by new mantra.

["FinallyDone -- Congratulations on reaching 90 Days.

That is a GREAT accomplishment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I've been gone for a couple days - but skimmed over the posts and it seems like there's some real reflection and a great positive vibe here.

I also have to say welcome to all the newbies and welcome back Minstar and Bellegirl, thank you for checking in! I'm going to add to both of your stories - that when you were here before it was NOT easy! You sputtered and started and Belle, I know you had a few starts...minstar, I know you struggled alot - thinking about it...But you both persisted....I'm so happy for both of you!

Herbie, Honeysoup, Windy - I'm happy for all of you too! That you're back here and going for it again.

Stay close everyone! I'm off and running.

OH and we were at a cool market yesterday and I had a shot of wheatgrass and ginger...oh it was awful. LOL!
                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

oh wow - thanks Windy! Congratulations finallydone!!!!!!!!! 90 days!!!!! that's amazing!!!!!
                  ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Glad to see everyone so motivated. I don't know if other nesters keep up with such things, but those posts from the Boot Campers are very powerful. I found it helpful to write down those post numbers (in the upper right of the screen) and on those days I was tempted to fall for The Voices, re read them. There are no words more powerful than your own. Also if you are having a bad day today, you will have a good day tomorrow. Don't ask me why, but you just never have 2 bad days in a row. If you did...nobody would be able to do this!! Also your mood and appetite will be all over the board. Until you hit about 30 days....then it seems to even out. I craved things like potato chips and mashed potatoes...(who craves that???). I ate everything that wasn't nailed down. I wouldn't be TOO concerned about that right now...someone explained somewhere on MWO about how your body is craving the sugar from the AL you aren't drinking anymore....there is a logical reason for it, but I can't quote it chapter and verse...just be good to yourself and think...'I can have anything in this world I want to eat or drink!! Except AL!!!' Just that one thing...everything else is fair game! Get yourself to that 30 days, and you will see a considerable difference in yourself...and even your own postings! Life is so much simpler!!! Easier! Even the bad times can be sorted out better....So proud of the Boot Campers! I really think this is your time!!! Try and put yourself to the service of someone else today. Try to do one nice thing for someone else. That helps, too. It gets you out of the poor ole me cycle. I am pulling for you!!! Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

PearlButterfly....I had to laugh at your avatar!! It looks like you really ARE hungry!! That doggie better RUN! Welcome to our nest! We are so glad you found us! Read all you can, settle in....you are certainly amoung like-minded people. B
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry, for the triple play here...but I had to say congrats to FinallyDone for work done finely!!!! Congratulations on your 90 days!!! Back when I started we had the 100 Day Club....so maybe we will give you a trophy or something in 10 more days...Lolab, what's in your prize closet??? So proud of you!!! B
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1338366 wrote: Until you hit about 30 days....then it seems to even out. I craved things like potato chips and mashed potatoes...(who craves that???).
                          This cracked me up. I eat really healthy during the day, a protein shake with fruit for breakfast, a salad heaped with soy beans and avocado and orange slices for lunch (no dressing), snack on an apple ... but dinner/nighttime is when the carb cravings kick in something fierce. This morning I even experienced those regrets/remorse like I'd been drinking; the "why oh why did I do that last night," when "all" I did was eat mashed potatoes for dinner followed by German chocolate cake for dessert! But at 45 days, I figure if that's the worst I do, I'm still so much better off. But after late-season bathing suit shopping the other day - a truly traumatic experience - I need to get on the boot camp with everyone else. And also prepare for a major road trip/vacation starting next week.

Have a good end of the week, everyone!
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          "Indecision brings its own delays, and days are lost lamenting over lost days."
                          ~ from Goethe's Faust

:target: AF as of May 8, 2012
                          :target: Non-smoker as of Sept. 15, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Byrdie - thanks! I think my best prize is my self respect....somebody handed that to me somewhere along the way...

Oh I went to a rock concert the other night. um...wow. people drink alot at those things! LOL. The smell was all around. the sight of it all around....but once I saw a few people stumbling around - the temptation was gone. And the people sitting there talking through it! Yelling! Just to chat with the person they came with! And because they were drunk! Those tickets were $150 each! And in my previous life? I would have hardly remembered the awesome show. And I may have gotten in a fight with the girl in front of me who kept standing up. LOL
                            ~

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone!

Was out yesterday with a HUGE headache, spent the day in bed. Back at work and trying to catch up with posts. This will be a quick one, I'll post more when I've caught up!

K9
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Same here K9 though mine wa sa heart ache... Quik post
                                I am so apprecaitive for all the posts talking about the food.
                                Destiny , I am so in awe of you (for many reason!) 4 Horses!!!!! OMG It's like you just said , "Oh, I have 4 Bentleys in the garage and I just finished washing them..

That's it. I'm bring he twins for a play date. :H

Will post later. Last day of school today. Im very weepy. You'd think I was sending them off to college insead of fifth grade for heaven's sake...

:l
                                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Working...
                                X