Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

LG you made me smile...great job. YOu made it over the hurdle in your mind. :-)

Nutsy - you're so right...this place is such a safety net. It's so helpful to know that there are others that are dealing with the same issues...and to know that some have been actually able to make it through the tunnel and come out to the sunshine on the other side...
    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gosh, thank you Lola, for those very nice words...an awful lot HAS changed in the last year and a half!! I sure never thought I'd be giving advice on how to stop drinking, that is for sure!!! How about you?? We ARE different people and so much better! Love you, B
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

About to turn out the lights and head into the weekend. This is the BIG test. Stay strong you all. I'll meet you back here on Monday, maybe earlier if there's an emergency. HoooHa...boot camp, here I come again!
        Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
        Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lolab,
          How profound! I never thought of it that way, all the drinking before the event , during, after and recovery from. Yuck! It's just so much wasted time if you think about it.l

Butterbean
          Butterbean

Start date: Sunday June 17, 2012
          30 days AF, DONE!
          Next goal, stay dry!

Comment

Newbies Nest

[b]Kradle,[30 days does sound really daunting. Just break it up into 2 or 3 day bits instead of looking at 26 days. That does sound like a lifetime away.

Butterbean
            Butterbean

30 days AF, DONE!
            Next goal, stay dry!

Comment

Newbies Nest

[B]Burger[B], Does your partner want help?? It has always been my experience that the person has to WANT it bad to do it for himself. It sounds like you are a loving very supportive partner but you can't get sober for him.

Butterbean
              Butterbean

30 days AF, DONE!
              Next goal, stay dry!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Destiny, honey bunny :h
                did I seem down? I didn't realize it. That's so funny. I guess that state of mind for me has been so prevalent all my life, like that low level hum you hear when your on an airplane, I don't really notice it anymore unless a stressor pushes it closer to my surface.

Matt's situation Is kicking my ass plain and simple. We have a plan but boy it's tough. You have munchkins. I know you know.

Butterbean. I am trying to break it up in chunks which is why I don't know if the boot camp is the right thing for me right now .. still thinking about it Destiny & Lilly. 30 days should seem small. I've done it before. Not sure why it looks so big now. !
                I know it's a great idea...

LOlab & Nutso, it is a safety net here which oddly enough is another reason I resist a long term set in stone commitment - I've disappointed so many people, mainly myself so many times, I reason if I don't set a commitment here I can't disappoint anyone really...

Isn't that ridiculous?

Byrd you hit it all on the head. All my screwy thinking is the result of the AL...I copied your post in a folder I am making for myself called Words I Need To Absolutely Remember (WIntar) I am reading that book moments of clarity and one of the stories talks about a psychiatrists raiser aliased once he stopped drinking and sought spiritual guidance that for years he was treating his patients backwards- trying to treat the depression or anxiety without addressing the drinking... That's a very simplistic rendering of course....

Anyway, forest for the trees kind of insight....

Hugs,
                :l
                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

LoLab I posted your post in my WINTAR book. The regrets and wasted time set up an awful cycle for me that just fricken lasted year after year after year.....it's almost like a feedback loop at this stage.

Breaking It looks damn near impossible though I see others doing it every day . And you have over a year !! Holy cow :yay:

I do feel hope in trying to ward off others here at MWO who say I'm 20 something because it helps me think maybe I can forgive myself a bit if I can help one or two people side step this life.

Hugs,

:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Back in Boot Camp

Hi All. Well here I am again, back in Boot Camp for the millionth time. But it feels good and I think I'm in good company. Today is day 1 for me - again after some rough weeks/months/ups/downs. I'm taking Topamax and Kudzu and I'm struggling a bit but looking forward to a productive weekend.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. :new:
                    Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                    (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have been a complete hermit crab this week and it has actually felt so good. Does anyone else feel this way? I just don't want to see or talk to anyone else the minute I get home from work. BTW, thanks everyone for getting me through this Friday night. I have spend the last 2 hours reading all this and it has made the night fly by.

MWOLADY, good for you. You are here and you are on the right path. No worries.
                      Butterbean

30 days AF, DONE!
                      Next goal, stay dry!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey BB,
                        All I like to do now is read MWO and Watch voyager, aside from work and my kids. Talking, socializing, talking, talking.....not high on the list right now.

But I'm happy here, really I am.

Oh and eating. A lot of that going on as well !

:thumbs::chef::

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Kradle..I sent you some sunshine today...I hope it worked!!!!! Don't stress about the boot camp...you gotta do what you feel comfortable doing. You have enough going on right now...just get by minute by minute if you have to!!!! My mom and I go food shopping on Fridays together...it's something that we started doing after I had my daughter. Food shopping doesn't bother me because even though they sell wine and beer I don't care for them so it's all good.....but....the liquor store is 2 stores down. I started to get a little urge but I don't buy AL when I am with my mom so it was ok....but my friggin screwed up brain kept telling me to only put the frozen foods away when I got home so I could run back to the liquor store before my husband came home. After all....it's much easier to put the groceries away with a drink. This is what I used to do if there was none in the house. I got home.....took my L-Glut and Kudzu and started putting away my frozen foods. I was tempted...really tempted but I decided to put all my groceries away and see how I felt. During that time I started thinking about this beautiful trail that I discovered by my farm and how much I want to ride and explore it tomorrow. If I got a bottle that would'nt happen. Before I knew it...my groceries were all put away and my craving was gone. I still always remember what K9 told me....a craving doesn't last as long as a hangover....so true! So I made a pot of coffee and have been drinking iced coffees all night! Dear lord...I will probs be posting on here til the wee hours! HaHaHa I know I have rambled....sorry....but I just wanted to let you know that I am not sure if I am going to make it to 30 days.....the thought of it is frightening yet at the same time I am excited to be starting a new chapter in my life.

BB....I turn into a hermit my first week AF too. I even sleep in the guest room because I need that alone time. I usually watch some thing on Netflix at night but tonight the damned thing wouldn't load so I played "The Price Is Right" on the Wii instead....drank iced coffee and ate red,white and blue peanut M&Ms....exciting Friday night!!!!! Ha! But it's all good because I am sober and will wake up feeling great and can actually accomplish something tomorrow.
                          AB Club Member
                          AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Dest,

I'm hung up on the Trail behind your farm and taking one of your babies out for a run tomorrow.
                            I took the kids to see BRAVE this afternoon and of course the heroine has this wonderful horse named Angus whose more like a gigantic Morgan puppy dog!
                            I want that horse!!!
                            Well take Angus out for a ride tomorrow and the next day and the next day and the day after that until you reach 30!
                            You will be there I no time. :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

LG....41 days!!!!! That's awesome!:wd:

Nutsy...welcome! :welcome: You have come to a great place! The people in here are awesome and the support and encouragement is sooooooo helpful. Everyone in here has "been there done that" and it's nice to know that you're not alone! Looking forward to hearing more from you!!!!!!

Fin....behave youself this weekend....I'll be watching you! HeeHee:muahaha: On a more serious note...if you feel yourself slipping come on here so that we can help you through it!
                              AB Club Member
                              AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kradle....funny how you mentioned the movie Brave. I was joking with my daughter the other day when the preview came on for it because I have red hair and green eyes! LOL When she was little and would watch the Little Mermaid she would always say that I looked like Ariel....Ha! Now that she's 19 she says I am a ginger with no soul.....but she says it in a loving way! LOL
                                In honor of you...I will take my "noble steed" out on that trail and I will take some pics for you! I am looking forward to it! Thank God I didn't go buy that bottle! I would've been shit faced drunk by now.....instead I am WIRED from the coffee! Ha!
                                AB Club Member
                                AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Working...
                                X