Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

hello

Hello Nesters....this is Renewal...also known as Mark. I created 'the nest' about 3 1/2 years ago....actually, I began it about 5 yrs ago, and peeked in to see how it was doing over a year later....it was floundering, so I tried to revive it at that time. Now, as I peek in again, I see that some 22,000 posts later, it is doing just fine. What a credit to each of you. The names have changed over the years, but it is refreshing to see 'the nest' used in the way I originally intended.....as a cozy place for newcomers to begin their journey in a non threatening and safe environment. Obviousy, I'm not around here to share your experiences, but I just wanted to pop in and express my respect and admiration to each of you for the efforts you are making, and the support you are giving. Thank you for making the nest what it was designed for, and the absolute best to each of you.
    Renewal (Mark)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Hi Mark (((Pops)))! So great ro see you

The nest lives on & appreciated by so many, thanks

Have a great AF Sunday everyone!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Captains log: Start date 7/1/2012. Jouney into deep AF space. We have left port with plans to not return for some time. Just leaving the docks. Have advised port that I will not return urgent calls to come back at 5:00 pm every night. Port agreed but winked for some strange reason. Having ventured out before there is always an astroid field that is encountered about that time each night.

We are on a search for a deeper joy. Other travelers have communicated back that out there is something more. But they say you can only experience it, and describing it almost does more harm than good. The mind can not accept the joy as it is described. We can not borrow from anothers joy. It must be lived and that requires risk, darkness, pain, humility, and most of all trust.

There are sojourners who light little lamps ahead such as Jesus, The Buddha, Ghandi, Martin Luther King, St. Francis. They all affirm the only path to peace is in suffering. In leaving the past behind and risking all. These and countless others are examples on the left and right as I leave home base, but they are not me. They can not do it for me. I must willingly die on my own. Understand and accept that this place is dead, and take the step away. The first step is truly the hardest, and sometimes I have left port with plans to return. This is nothing but escape at its highest form of nobility. Escape is worthless. Only death will do.

I forgot to tell port I was not coming back this time. They will figure it out soon enough and send ambassadors Mr. Baker, Mr. Booker, Mr. Cabernet, and others to try and get me to come back.

First docking port for AF rations is three days from now. A short hop but not an easy hop as the plane is always balky the early part of the journey. I will report back in later as we near the astroid fields.

Smooth flying to all AF travelers this day.

Cheers.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gdog.....that post was very creative!!!!!! I like the way you compared the "witching hour" to asteroid fields!!!!!! I will definitely be thinking about this post throughout the day today!
          AB Club Member
          AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

11 AF days passed by so quick!!! Almost midnight..My HB drunk tonight his beer again but only 2 big 600ml bottles...Probably it' s very good that he drinks (i really wish to quit him too) beer which i hate so i just put empty bottles in a bin, half empty tip out in a sink and dirty glasses in a dishwasher..Quite harsh treatment for an alcoholic who' s trying to quit but probably it' s good exercise and i'm doing it insensitively..
            Looking forward for my morning of day 12. I really like my sober mornings!!!
            Wishing strenght to all Nesters!!!
            The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
            /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning! Great post Gdog...I flew back to the station and am waiting to depart on the next ship.

Having a cup of coffee...dallying out the last of the creamer between bf and I. I fixed them so you know who got the best cup. hee hee

I've got another two loads of laundry to do some time today, some vacuuming and other chores...not entirely sure how I'll spend the whole day, but my weekends are predictably tame (i.e., boring).:H

Thanks for visiting Mark, and thanks for starting the Newbie's Nest. It is a blessing for all of us!:l

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
              Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

GDog...great post..so true. It IS a journey that each person takes for himself and no matter how wonderfully we describe it over here, it's up to each person to find his own way to calmer space. Well done.
                Dest, great to see you up and at 'em this morning, as well as Audrey!! Doesn't it feel great to get past that 13 Day mark?!! Very proud of you!
                Stay strong over this holiday week....temptation (asteroid fields) will be all around, don't fall for it, it IS a trick!! xo, B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrd and Mama....its so funny how you have both used "up and at'em" in your posts. My daughters' horses name is Up-N-Atem.....coincidence....hmmmmmm....I wonder!
                  AB Club Member
                  AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Very smooth early sailing as I head out. Always the first hours leaving are full of hope and change. Planet Alcohol is still very large in the rear view mirror.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone!
                      The house mostly asleep here as the parade went super long and mthe kids danced for over an hour so they are wiped!

Gdog- I loved your post! My kids and I are addicted to Star Trek Vogager and so have been trapped in the Delta Quadrant in the 24th century for quite some time! Not many asteroids there but lots of Borg: you will be assimililated and resistance is futile

Lilly thanks you for reminding me why I need the boot camp because like Sausage after her daughter's BDay party (hi Sausage) I really wanted to drink after that parade. It was exciting and fun but my husband and I are so fractured that it was infuriating watching all the doting dads and feeling so isolated ... I actually planned to drink when I got home; a f-you to him but instead I got the kids Subway sandwichs and crawled into bed..after An episode of Voyager of course.

ItGeek welcome welcome. I think it's a pretty great sign that the day you arrive the creator of The Nest pops in for a visit!

Renewal AKA Mark wanted to thank you for creating such a great place. I was talking the other night about how our accomplishments can help keep us connected to one another and our better selves and I think THIS certainly qualifies :wave:

LG Do you want to go down to Mt. St. Helen's next Weekend? I found a great deal right outside the park at an hotel so No Camping

Well, the fourth is coming up and I will TRY Byrd to keep your wise words in the forefront of my moron brain that's It's A Lie, It's A Trick....it looks to be a tough though. Large get togetherness on the beach with much Al and happy families...

I hope everyone has a safe and happy week. Saty away from things that go bang on your face!!
                      :l
                      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Did a walkabout on the ship. All systems operational. Lots of reporting early so bear with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Early few astroids in sight. So far easy to avoid. Many cluster is not in sight yet but coming.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Teenager astroid has come crashing on to the ship. We have force fields up and holding, but the assault is not over. Steady at the helm.

I can stop this metaphor if everyone tires quickly of it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Shield down to 86% percent.
                              Arm Photon Torpedos, Gdog. Lock on Target.
                              FIRE!

Then resume course. Steady as she goes...

On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Got chief officer wifey to man torpedos as directed. Instructed engineer to increase speed to warp 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X