Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters and :welcome: Celtic. Glad to have you here in the nest. I second all that Dill has said.

Sea, how are you this morning? Come check in at the nest when you can. We are all here for you and I am so sorry that you are feeling so depressed. You are very loved and you ARE so worth everything. All my strength, love, support, thoughts, prayers and all goodness I can give are headed to you today! We love you Sea! :l :h

Papa, on to the marathon days now? G will be so loved!!! Thank you for your kind words as well. I am really looking forward to a new beginning. You are one brave soul for dealing with all that heat, especially coming from the Bay Area.

Dill, did you get your bike out? How is the humidity?

SD, how are things going for you? Are you all settled and unpacked? Did you get the new furniture?

LilM, are you back yet? We all miss you.

Hi Lilbit, how are you these days?

Gotta go now, but will check in later.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters!

Chops, I did get on my bike, but didn't get far. The rear brake cable was not functioning and the front tire is not holding air! Besides that, there's lots of other stuff that needs fixing and I am going to explore the options of what to do cost-wise. Is it cheaper to make the repairs or just buy new?!! But, for the few moments that I was riding it, it felt really great! Anyway, instead of biking, I walked this morning. It is 91 degrees right now and HUMID! Not nice out for biking OR walking. I am sitting in the AC for the duration! How are things going with you?

PR, I turned up the air conditioning in the nest today because G looked so hot! I hope your day went well at work.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hello my cherubs....hope you all had a wonderful day. Long day at work, but made it through and G was there at the door to greet me...appreciate you lovin him!! More of the same tomorrow....make it a special day. Appreciate you gals.
        Pops & G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Peeps,

I'm home. Have unloaded, watered everything in the yard and loved up the Diva cat. PR tell G thanks for keeping my diva cat company while I was gone. Grabbing the RTSBT (really tired sunburned twig)
          I'll caught up with everyone tomorrow.

I've missed my peep buddy's
          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm heading to bed....My ex-husband's mom is here....and staying the night....we are heading over to the funeral tomorrow in MN...which isn't until Saturday....so we'll be sharing a room tomorrow night....oh gosh...the things I get myself into....I tell you what!!!! So I'll be a way for a few days!!! Everyone have a great weekend!!! Great to see LilM back in the nest!!!!! We missed you!!!!!!
            SD:l
            "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
            7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Summer in the nest is pretty quiet. I guess everyone is busy doing summer things, eh?

Hey, LilMea, I hope your sunburn isn't too bad! I'm finally getting over my poison ivy and chigger bites! I'm almost afraid to go out in the yard anymore!!!

SD, you have really got some interesting stuff going on! Were you close to your ex-hb's parents? I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you check in, in spite of all the goings on!

Chops, LilB, How ya doin'?

PR, it's been quiet here today. Very peaceful. Curl up with 'G' and get some zzzz's.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Fellow Nesters,

Yes, we have been quiet -- hardly a peep out of us. As for me, it's a happy/busy summer so far. Tomorrow, we're driving up the coast on Hwy 1 to spend the night in a little fishing village. It's where they filmed Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds." I hope there aren't any seagulls with "issues." We plan to lunch somewhere along the way, maybe visit a lighthouse, and then take a long bike ride. I also want to sport a Tippi Hedron hairdo and get a snapshot in front of the town sign or the schoolhouse.

Here, have some aloe, LilM. 'Good to hear from you.

SD, I hope it all goes smoothly for you this weekend.

Dill, glad your itchies are going away! That can be miserable, especially when you're trying to sleep. Sounds very hot where you are -- the AC is so comforting on days like that. I used to like it almost cold inside on summer days when I lived in the South. When I moved to San Fran and they told me almost no one had air conditioners, my jaw dropped.

Pops, don't you just love those greetings at the door by our furry friends? Even when I am only gone for a little while, my dog acts like it's been ten years.

Night, everyone. Sleep well.

LilBit
                "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Wow....veeeery quiet day in the nest.....yeah Dill, gonna curl up with G soon enough....just got home from 17 hrs and he's 'wiggin out' on my arrival.....Lilbit, you're right, that greeting is the best. Nice to be loved.....well, pretty pooped....goodnight little ones.
                  P & G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chops, I know today was your move. How did it go?

LilB, that sounds like an awsome time! That west coast drive is beautiful. Wow, I remember when The Birds came out. I thought it was one of the scariest movies I ever saw!

We're having a grill out this evening. It's a great day here in OH with low humidity.

Hey PR! I hope your killer shifts went OK.

Night Nesters!
                    Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Eerily quiet here today....must be the weekend. Goodnight folks.
                      Pops & G

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Well, this is a first!!!!!!!!! Saying goodnight to G and myself as nobody visited the nest today.......hmmmmmm.....hope everybody is well.
                        P&G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow! I'm feeling like an "empty nester"! Hey, renewal, and anyone else that stops by, have a good day today!
                          Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone! Wow....the nest has been really quiet! Where is everybody??

Dill, the move went very well. It is so nice to finally be settled at my dad's and being able to move on! Friday night I got my feathers all ruffled at the ex-BF, but it is what I needed to do.

Papa, how are you and G doing? Did you survive the marathon days ok?

Hi SD, LilM, Lilbit. Hope to see you all soon.

I have missed you all!! Will check back in later :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,

Just realized I haven't checked in here myself lately. Guess I'm not feeling like such a newbie anymore. But things are going well, no problems except for a probable broken toe. I played footsie with my son's Golden Retriever last evening - he won!! He came down on my little toe with his full weight, I heard & felt a 'crunch' that was soon followed by bruising, swelling and a good deal of pain
                              I think I'll be sitting here with my foot elevated catching up with email, etc. for the next few days!

Have a good day
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning peepers!

What's this? A quiet nest, I read? Do I really have to come in here and stir things up? :H

I have been siiiiiiickkkkk - yuck - the last few days! No fun when a cold, a bladder infection and 'that' time of the month all hit the same day. And I had to trailer horses, do barn chores and go riding on top of it! Hehehhe. Oh well.

Work is definitely quieter for me now (no surprise there, it's like that every summer) but the yard and my recovering mare take up a ton of my time. She's coming along very nicely, though - I may start really riding her again next week.

Anywho... hope you are all having a fabulous Monday (as Mondays go) - be safe and be happy!

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X