Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

hi

Just wanted to pop in for a second.....Lav, thank you. You arrived in the nest not too long after I did and have continued to be an inspiration all this time. You are a blessing. Librarygirl and Kradle, I appreciate your recognition and kind words....I am so happy to hear the nest has been a place of comfort to each of you. And Lilly....this is a proccess...I know you're upset, and I respect that...try to use that adrenaline to fuel your future rather than 'beat yourself up'...you ARE on the right track...push forward...don't look back. It's been great revisiting 'the nest'....can't say I expected to see it flourishing years after I began it, but I couldn't be prouder that it is...and make no mistake, the credit goes to each of you.
    Renewal (Mark)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Mark....please go ahead and pat yourself on the back for creating "the nest!" It is so comforting to know that you are not alone in this struggle and it is also nice to have a place where you can finally be honest with your AL addiction. So go ahead and be proud....you deserve it!!!!
      AB Club Member
      AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mark!!! I was just thinking of you a couple days ago. How wonderful to see you. I hope that all is well with you & the kitty. Was it G? Thank you for creating this safe place to begin our journey. :l
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

To all who are struggling..don't give up... just don't give up... If it is something worth fighting for... don't give in.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi

Destiniey, thank you.....I am proud....but mostly of all of you who have used this thread to better your lives...I provided the 'meeting place' and you all have taken it from there. Nora, sooo great to see you...as I said to Lav, you have been here for quite a while, and contributed so much......and thank you for remembering 'G'....he continues to be such a blessing in my life. Nothing like the love of a pet. Goodnight in the nest......
            Mark

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day two: Quiet voyage this morning as all mornings tend to be.

LillyE - appreciate your sharing. I wish I had great words of wisdom for you, but obviously being on day two gives me nothing but fellowship to offer. Sorry for your pain. We all hate the way alcohol has consumed us. Keep moving ahead!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks GDod, I appreciate the fellowship a LOT today and that is all I really need right now. It sucks being in a different time zone from most sometimes when you need feedback or support. (It's 9pm here.)

I hope this feeling will stay with me - that I am DONE. My last 'slip' … while I suffered consequences after… it felt FUN at the time. This, however, did not. It was pure alcoholic craziness and took me to that dark place that brought me here in the first place. This is in a way a good thing.

I felt sooo wonderful on Saturday and I feel soooo horrible today. I am totally going to get back in the saddle and ride it hard to 30 days. I have been on MWO an entire year and not cracked 30 days. This is a crazy disease. If I felt so great, why drink? I forget, I feel safe, I delude myself. But not next time.

Onwards..

Keep up the good work my friend. I promise you that after around a week to 10 days, certainly around two weeks, you will REALLY start to feel the benefits. The first week is the hardest. Take it easy on yourself, eat well, sleep lots, drink lots (er, of water - anything really but booze although go easy on soft drinks as sugar can trigger cravings) and you'll get there.

L x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone! I didn't have a great night sleeping...I tossed and turned basically all night. But upon waking up this morning I feel so damned good!!!!! It is so nice to remember what I did yesterday and what I watched on TV last night and what the hell I made for dinner! Ha! Right now it is all rainbows, lollipops and unicorns and I know all too well that I will hit some rough times. I wish I could bottle up this feeling and take shots of it instead of AL! I just have to rememer this feeling the next time I think I can moderate....damn...what a joke that is!!!!!!! I think I was taking the nasty old bumpy dirt road on my journey...but now I am taking the highway and I am not getting off until I get to exit 30 AF....and then I am going to keep on keeping on!!!!! :racer: F*ck you AL!!!!!!!!!!!!!:finger:
                  AB Club Member
                  AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Trying hard to have non surgery stuff including low carbs to keep the crashes away. Day 10 would be heaven. Day two trips me up all the time. Seems like I get home from work and the Klingons have already boarded my ship and brought cocktails. They force me to drink or they will beam me off. Today I am trying to stay on track, and that is a small but important step for me.

Lets keep pushing towards 30 and beyond.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Destiniey;1344563 wrote: I just have to rememer this feeling the next time I think I can moderate....damn...what a joke that is!!!!!!!
                      I just started a thread in general for precisely that purpose.

Go Dest GO. Go Dest GO.

:goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

:yougo:Thanks LillyE....we can be eachothers cheering squad during this journey:cheering I am going to check out the thread you started!!!!!:h
                        AB Club Member
                        AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesties! Feeling a bit sleepy this morning...Tossed and turned till nearly 2 am (I suspect, although I didn't look at the time again after 1:30). I still feel pretty good though, but I know I will be sleepy this afternoon!

Good morning Gdog, Dest, Audrey...Lily, sorry to hear that you're feeling bad today. I know you can give up AL if that is what you want. I sure do hope I haven't contributed to anyone's experimenting lately with all the self "exploring" I've been doing. I'm kind of glad that I thought it about it for a long time before I drank, and thought of all the possibilities first.

Just hoping to get through this day awake.

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
                          Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi LG.....I know exactly what you mean....I tossed and turned too...ugh! Surprisingly I feel great....I love waking up and no hangover!!!!! WooHoo! I am sure I will be sleepy this afternoon but come night time I will just toss and turn again! Oh well....it's worth it in the long run! Off to make some iced coffee...stay awake at work today!!!!! Ha!
                            AB Club Member
                            AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

resrchqueen;1344411 wrote: To all who are struggling..don't give up... just don't give up... If it is something worth fighting for... don't give in.
                              Thanks so much.......so true....thanks for the encouraging words!!!!!!
                              AB Club Member
                              AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=...Lily, sorry to hear that you're feeling bad today. I know you can give up AL if that is what you want. I sure do hope I haven't contributed to anyone's experimenting lately with all the self exploring I've been doing. I'm kind of glad that I thought it about it for a long time before I drank, and thought of all the possibilities first.

Just hoping to get through this day awake.

LG
                                Nah, don't worry. It did make me think about it, sure, but really had nothing to do my actually drinking. That would be the alcoholism. Ha.

Comment

Working...
                                X