Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Gdog....hang tough...you can do this....we are all rooting for you!!!!!! Take some L-Glut or Kudzu if you have it. Sending you lots of strength!
    AB Club Member
    AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks everyone. Calming down. Played a game with my daughter. Going to take a bath and relax. Force fields are back up full strength.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yay Gdog......good for you!!!!! You will thank yourself in the morning for getting through tonight AF!:wd:
        AB Club Member
        AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the welcome back. Witching hour - amazing when I just chose not to drink for a night, it wasn't too big a deal, but when trying to rack days up again it is so hard!! Doing my checking in and finding company - it really does help....
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Scottish!!!!! I too am waiting for the day when AL isn't totally consuming my thoughts during the "witching hour". I am at the end of day 2 and so far so good....I guess I was just so digusted with myself this time that I know I just have to keep moving forward. It seems as though when I rack up the days I feel as though I can reward myself.....STUPID.....I now know better and am looking forward to an AF life! Good luck tonight....stay strong!
            AB Club Member
            AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all,

Today I am reading Patrick Meninga's free eBook 'Overcoming Addiction' - go here to sign up and download.

Free eBook – Overcoming Addiction

Like anything I read about addiction I don't agree with everything he says but a lot of it really speaks to me. Love it if any other Nesties want to read and discuss.

Free eBook – Overcoming Addiction

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the link LillyE....I will definitely check it out! Ohhhh nooo....now we have to start a book club....LMAO....the things we do when we are sober! HeeHee :blinkylove:
                AB Club Member
                AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

I've been looking through the forum, "What We're Reading". Downloaded Sara's Key, after reading MB's description and all the kudos on Amazon. I can't believe I haven't been glued to that forum until now. I guess I'm not only looking through the forums for posts about AL anymore. Haha, that's good!

Nite nite, off to read till midnight maybe.

Lg

"I like people too much or not at all."
                  Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodnight LG.....enjoy Sara's Key....I heard its really good!
                    AB Club Member
                    AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Destiniey;1344971 wrote: Thanks for the link LillyE....I will definitely check it out! Ohhhh nooo....now we have to start a book club....LMAO....the things we do when we are sober! HeeHee :blinkylove:
                      Ha ha Dest too funny. I actually belong to a real life book club but in all honesty it's mostly an excuse to drink and gossip and it's certainly not very studious! Still, it makes me read things I wouldn't have otherwise, which is good.

LG, my top book of the year is 'How to be a Woman' by Caitlin Moran, just laugh out loud funny and I want all my girlfriends to read it now. I'm currently reading - well I was until the iPad arrived! - 'Outliers' by Malcolm Gladewell. I really enjoyed Dry by Augusten Burroughts recently too on the Al front. Will have to check out SK as I know nothing about it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

goodnight

Had to check in once more and am soooo pleased to see the wonderful, supportive place you have made 'the nest.' I can tell by reading the posts, there is a real bond here.....as I had originally intended 5 years ago. You have taken it to a new level and should be proud. I respect each of you for your contributions to each other and wish you all the very best.
                        Mark (Renewal)

Comment

Newbies Nest

More fireworks last nite, boy they are either True Canadians, or true partiers. Did not last as long as sunday night, thank goodness. My sleep is still poor, had to get up twice for the little girls room. Love that water. So today I begin day 3. Feel confident I can do this.

Audrey, congrats on day 13. Wish you well on your flights, do not envy you, but when you get home and did not touch that glass, you will be so proud of yourself. I believe you will keep your strength and determination.

Library Girl, Good for you on your 47 days. I was AF for 3 months, but I was living with a very judgemental man. After 3 months of I told you so, I am proud of you (which I got 3 times) then a bombartment of more attacks on my character, I finally caved. I have been better since I left, but I kick myself that I let someone like that be the excuse (I cannot say reason) I started drinking again. I know LG you can do this, one day is not worth beating yourself up over.

GDog, We all know you can pass 3 days and more. Looks like we are AF for the same length. Stress is a real kicker. As I believe Birdie said AL does not stop the stress or make it better, it only clouds it for a short while.

Scottish Lass, I agree about not drinking for 1 day, not that difficult, the rest of the days are the challenges. One phrase always comes to mind from my hospital stay (I CAN STOP, BUT I CANNOT STOP STARTING!) That is the cycle we are all looking to end. We will (STOP STARTING!!!!)

Lilly, Congrats on your year anniversary nicotine free, that is not an easy feat to beat either. I want to say congrats on your Day 2 AF, you can beat this. Keep that determination strong.
                          Goal
                          I am starting over as of Sept 6
                          SHIT this is so stupid (I hate AL)

AF since June 30, 2012
                          be AF for 7 days yea done:yay::yay:
                          be AF for 21 days July 21, 2012 boy I did it
                          be AF for 30 Days July 30, 2012 I have done it:thanks: to all the nesters
                          Now to be AF for 60 days Aug 29---blew it
                          Work to be AF for 90 days Sept 28---blew it

I have been AF for 1 month Oct, 2011
                          I have been AF before for 3 months Mar 16, 2011-July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quick hello from me

Am away on holiday , only just managed to get a Wi Fi connection, I am so relieved as I had drinking thoughts last night. Fortunately I didn't act on them and today is day 131 AF

Will try and log in from time to time to stay strong!

Have a good AF day

Sausage x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Early morning report. The ship was creaky last night as she has not been past one day for some months. Even late in the evening there was some molecular disturbance, but we plowed through AF. It was ridiculous how hard things were, only this time I did not return to Planet Alcohol. Looking forward to getting to my first goal and rewarding myself with a walk and a nice AF treat.

On a seperate note: I made the mistake yesterday afternoon of having some sugary foods, and could tell a dramatic drop in my spirit in the early evening. Fought it all evening. Going to try and have clean carbs and lots of protein today and see if my mood is more stable.

Thanks to everyone for quick and timely encouragement yesterday. I really needed it to keep going.

Sausage: 131 days is so great. Thanks for lighting the path.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all, still getting used to driving this iPad thing so this will be short but, sausage, I'm so happy to hear that you didn't cave in to those urges on your holiday - I know just how hard it can be. You would have them so upset with yourself and you will feel so great when you get to through holiday still A free. I have total faith that you can do it and I agree with all you said on my thread. It WIll be worth it 100%. Stay Strong and read here as much as you can.

BTW all, that ebook that I mentioned earlier was great - lots of food for thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X