Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...f-3-54406.html

Just found this awesome thread - inspiring stuff!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning All! Lily I wrote down your book suggestions, ty. I read a little of my new book last night, Sara's Key, and think it's going to be great. It's about Jews in France during WWII...

Still thinking on what we might do this week while I'm off work. Undecided as yet...Pets are almost as much responsibility as children! I hate to take them to a boarders, but taking them with us is difficult too. Hence the reason we never go on vacation.

Hope everyone is having a great day/night!

"I like people too much or not at all."
      Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning LG! I know how hard it is to travel with pets. Between the horses and other pets I never go on vacation. I have gotten used to day trips or small trips and my husband or daughter stay home to take care of everything. It works out fine because I get a break from the Hubby! Ha! I used to pet sit for people that went away. Some had me stay in their house while they were away and others just had me check in on them throughout the day. I usually did overnigters for the pets that needed insulin injections or other meds or were really old! I don't know if that's an option for you but it works out well because it takes the stress out of boarding for you and your pets.
        AB Club Member
        AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone!

I haven't checked in for a while, but all is well. I've been having trouble logging in, and when I can, my posts disappear. It's so annoying. But I keep on trying, and I have been reading and keeping up with you all.

Nothing new to report. Tomorrow is a holiday and I took Thursday off, so I am looking forward to 2 days off (sucks to come back on Friday though!)....

Everyone have a great day, and congrats to all the Boot Campers!!!

K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Boot Camp Roll Call for July 3rd, 2012

Fin - Day 2 (back on the path to 30 days)
            Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
            Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello all, day 2 here and had a fast 45 minute walk in the rain....hoping to shed some pounds. Tonights entertainment is twin peaks dvd box set and an ole read afterwards. Hope noone minds if I crash the newbies nest x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, Limers. Best of luck, I'm rooting for you! Dave
                Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
                When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, day 2 and feel so good ot being under the effects of AL today! and Dest - so agree, the idea of a reward looms over me too! NUTS!!
                  “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Destiniey;1345173 wrote: Good morning LG! I know how hard it is to travel with pets. Between the horses and other pets I never go on vacation. I have gotten used to day trips or small trips and my husband or daughter stay home to take care of everything. It works out fine because I get a break from the Hubby! Ha! I used to pet sit for people that went away. Some had me stay in their house while they were away and others just had me check in on them throughout the day. I usually did overnigters for the pets that needed insulin injections or other meds or were really old! I don't know if that's an option for you but it works out well because it takes the stress out of boarding for you and your pets.
                    Well, Dest. it is a nice option (having someone come in and feed/check on your pets), but one of my dogs is a nervous wreck around strangers and I'm afraid it would traumatize the poor thing. Always something. Probably will be a day trip or a couple of day trips.

Hey K9! Did you find the Sara Gran book? I think you'd like it. I'm taking off Thurs. too, and we already get Friday's. Hahahahahaha!

Welcome limers, you can crash here anytime.:l

"I like people too much or not at all."
                    Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

So far so good on Day3, a good book and water along with walking my dog seems to help.

Limers come aboard the more the merrier, and congrats on day 2

Sausage not sure if I mentioned it be koodos to your
                      day 131
                      Goal
                      I am starting over as of Sept 6
                      SHIT this is so stupid (I hate AL)

AF since June 30, 2012
                      be AF for 7 days yea done:yay::yay:
                      be AF for 21 days July 21, 2012 boy I did it
                      be AF for 30 Days July 30, 2012 I have done it:thanks: to all the nesters
                      Now to be AF for 60 days Aug 29---blew it
                      Work to be AF for 90 days Sept 28---blew it

I have been AF for 1 month Oct, 2011
                      I have been AF before for 3 months Mar 16, 2011-July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all. I think I do better not counting (like not counting those drinks, jk) but I am on day, um 8 of not drinking 1 - 2 bottles of wine every night. I had a couple tastes and a glass of wine on Sunday and it made me feel SICK! That was a surprise!

Anyway, has anyone else been waking up with headaches? Is this part of withdrawal?

Thanks
                        :new:Perdida

It's never too late to be what you might have been. George Sands

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gotcha LG....I had an Akita that would not let ANYONE in the house....nor could I board him. The vet clinic where I was a tech offered to watch him for me but I would've been too stressed that someone would lose their hand! Ha! Thank goodness when I came here to NC I found a place that had a person who worked there that owned Akitas....I would only leave him overnight because he would get stressed missing us too much. Needlesstosay he went everyhwere with us...even SeaWorld! We did a day board for him...I put him in the kennel and took him out when we were done....worked like a charm Ha! Enjoy your long weekend!!!!!

Limers...feel free to crash here whenever you would like.....there is always room in the nest!!!!!!!
                          AB Club Member
                          AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day three heading into the pre 4th vortex. With that day off tomorrow the Planet Alcohol is telling me to come back for a party and I deserve it. Told them I was more interested in being sober and have not gotten a response. Taking dead aim for day 4. Shields up, Warp 3.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Phug. Total blastoid main aft. Teenage mutant and wifey schedule blasts.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gdog...you ok?? I didn't quite get if you took a direct hit or not. Gosh, I hope not. Day 1 suck.
                                Perdida, it is NOT unusual to wake up with a headache. My first 2 weeks I felt like I had been hit by a truck. Achy...I had flu-like symptons...Be sure to keep hydrated...that is key the first couple weeks. I felt like hell....but it is soooo worth it, please hang in with us. Congrats on your days!!! Welcome to the nest, too, as well as a couple other newbies I just saw! I will go back thru all posts tomorrow....I've been out helping my niece move today in 103* temps! Just getting in. BTW, something I'd have never considered in my drinking days...I always tried to be where I could start drinking around 4. Ugg, how nice to be free of those chains. Stay strong everyone! Independence Day will be just that for us! Free at last! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X