Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Assistant nest mum Brydie & everyone!

Boy, I remember that flu-like feeling for the first couple of weeks. Just hang in & take good care of yourself Perdida, it will get better soon

Not sure what language you're speaking Gdog ~ hope you are OK & have a good plan in place for the holiday. Sober holidays rock - you'll never know until you try one

Wishing everyone a safe July 4th!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

LibraryGirl;1344936 wrote: Butterbean, there are more positives [to not drinking] than just not spending money. It's the AB (addictive brain) telling you differently. You are learning to live a life without daily depressants and that's got to be a freeing feeling. Not to mention sleeping without passing out, clearer eyes, less bloat...I could go on. I'm sorry your hub is unemployed, and I know how stressful that must be, but at least you can think clearer now and maybe make some plans. Is he happier with you being AF?

Gdog, hang in there. Cravings will be defeated. They are no match for the force field. Have a treat that you don't normally allow yourself, and enjoy it. The small stuff does matter.

LG

OFF TOPIC: Can someone please explain to me how to find specific threads? I still can't figure it out after 4 months, lol. I tried "search" but it only finds key words. I must be missing something.
      LG,
      Yes, my husband has been wonderful and very supportive. He has slowed way down himself, just one glass of wine or a beer now and then.
      Butterbean

Start date: Sunday June 17, 2012
      30 days AF, DONE!
      Next goal, stay dry!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I know this found absurd but what day am I on if I haven't Imbibed since Fathers Day, June 17, 2012?

The calendar says one thing, my fingers say another... Am I having another Topa Moment here?

:nutso:
        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kradle,
          That is hilarious! I go by the finger count. I ran into the same problem but I am truly mathematically challenged.

I just wanted to wish everyone good luck tomorrow with the 4th of July holiday. In the past this is an all day drinking event so I am pretty nervous about it. I plan on going up to our neighborhood pool with our family for a big bbq party and I will be the first to be out in the volleyball sandy pit. I have to be active not just sitting in a lawn chair with a cold one in my hand watching all the activities.

Tonight I am missing a big 40th party of a dear friend of mine. I have been getting texts all night of where am I. I sent my husband with a lame excuse but I guess I am still in partial hermit mode. My husband has my back and I have really great friends that care about me. So why is there still this huge gray cloud hanging over my head???

Prayers of strength to all my new friends in the Newbie forum. I cannot tell you how nice it is to check in and see everyone's posts.
          Butterbean

Start date: Sunday June 17, 2012
          30 days AF, DONE!
          Next goal, stay dry!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening! (or morning, depending on your locale!)

Hope everyone has had a good, AL free day! We are staying at a local hotel tonight. My kiddo loves to stay at hotels, so once in a while we take an overnight trip. I couldn't help but notice this particular hotel had a decent-sized bar downstairs. Won't be making any trips down there. Usually on these overnight trips I'd bring a small bottle in my bag and mix it with my Diet Dr Pepper after the kiddo fell asleep, so it feels weird being armed with nothing but some melatonin. Nighttime is my drinking time, so every night about this time my mind starts expecting those comforting beverages that aren't forthcoming. But, I know I'll be glad to wake up in the morning without a hangover so I can really enjoy my kid.

Pixie, I totally agree with what you posted to LillyE...after a fall is the time people most need to be able to reach out for support.

LillyE, so happy to read that you are filled with new determination! :goodjob: Enjoy the iPad! I bought one for my kiddo a while back that we were supposed to share, but he uses it so much I ended up buying myself a Nook. What did we do to entertain ourselves before Angry Birds?? LOL And thanks for the link, I'll definitely check out that ebook.

Butterbean
            , congrats on day 16! I can totally relate to focusing on that next glass, and trying to pace myself with others even though I could easily have outpaced them 3 to 1. I love your avatar, makes me want some jelly beans!

This is day 10 AF and the only real withdrawal symptom I'm noting is that I am freaking TIRED! I don't know if it's withdrawal or a side affect from the Antabuse, but about all I want to do is sleep. Has this happened for anyone else?

Happy Independence day to my fellow Americans!
            ITGeekChick

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mark, once again so nice to hear from you. Love to hear your success story some time

Hi and congrats to all staring down the barrel of the first week again it is tough.

I don't know if it's just recovering from Sunday or I'm sick but I feel like absolute crap. I usually only feel really bad on Day 1 due to hangover but I have a wicked headache and just exhausted. Stupid red wine may have triggered sinus allergies I guess.

Fortunately work is slow this week so I've cancelled a few social engagements and am treating myself gently until I feel better mentally and physically.

Kradle, I'd count for you but I'm afraid I'd just confuse you with the date change! Plus, my maths skill suck too anyway

ITGeekChick
              - I am not on antabuse but I am also exhausted and, come to think of it, that is one side effect I've found previously when detoxing - just sleeping a lot more than normal. Go with it as much as you can with a little one. It's probably our bodies attempting to repair.

I feel for you all re July 4th. Obviously not an issue here but I know just how hard those big calendar events can be when you're not drinking. Try and view it as your independence day from drinking! And, if you're going to commit to quit there is never be a good day to drink - ever.

Butterbean
              , I also really empathize with both feeling hermetic and avoiding social events because they might be triggers. I've had - and will have - some I just can't avoid but, honestly, I really think it's ok to avoid those you can in your first month. Your sobriety IS more important and your true friends will understand. And it is NOT forever. So try not to feel guilty or sad and do what you need for now. Treat yourself to something like a hot bath, silly DVD or a good book, ok?

On which note, with my new determination to commit to quitting FOR GOOD I want to stop just focusing on days. But, that said, I've decided to do whatever I need to to get to 30 - even if that means being a hermit and bailing out of things like birthday parties that I know will be huge drunken affairs.

I spent most of yesterday just reading stuff here and elsewhere online. I'm really ready to dig my heels in and do whatever it takes (Ithinkhopepray) but I can't wait til enough days go by I feel less crappy again!

L x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Omgod Kradle....too funny! I would go with whichever way had the most amount of days! Ha!
                AB Club Member
                AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Boot Camp Roll Call July 3rd

Fin, Day 2
                  Lilly, Day 2
                  Limers, Day 2
                  Scottish Girl, Day 2
                  Litre2, Day 3
                  Perdida, Day 8
                  GDog, Day 4??

Ok, so that's everyone I could work out from recent posts. Add yourself in guys!!!

Also, we seem to have lost a few from the Nest of late...

Teezah, where are you hon? And you too Tipplerette? LifeChange? ZenLife12 ??? I hope you're all doing ok - come back and join us and tell us what's going on either way.

Monique, you've just been a bit quiet of late - doing ok?

MWOLady - enjoyed your posts here and elsewhere, hope you'll keep posting too.

Roonie, Roonie, Ro? What's going on hon? I hope you're ok?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey LillyE....good for you...I got your back girl!!!!!!! :l I am totally on board just as you are...no more AL....not today...tomorrow...next week....ever!!!!!!! I am DONE! I had a great day today as far as cravings go....it's my sleeping that's a bitch! Ugh!

I want to wish everyone a happy 4th of July! It is going to be a busy day for me. As you all know I was planning on riding my horse in parade but due to the heat I am not going to. All of the patriotic garb that I got for him to wear will have to wait til next year! My neighbors built a "tiny house" and they are putting it in the parade so I will riding in that....sitting on the front porch...HaHa I have been practicing my "parade wave" heehee :kudos: I will let you know how I make out if I don't die of heat stroke!:toohot:
                    AB Club Member
                    AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Help I just sat here and ate a huge slab of cake. For god's sake, I feel sick. LOL, not like me to eat sweets like that, and to top it off I was feeling sick already. Felt that I needed cake. Probably will be running to the bathroom all night.

Off tomorrow for the 4th, and please, please let me sleep in till 9 at least! I just hope I don't wake early and stare at the ceiling, because I definitely need some extra shut-eye. As a matter of fact, I will be on vacation (from work) the rest of this week, and no plans at all. Sigh, it's difficult carrying on this boredom act. haha, wish it were an act.

I was going to bed early because I was tired, but now I have a sugar high. Well at least I finished the cake so it's not tempting me any longer. tee hee

"I like people too much or not at all."
                      Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

LillyE.....it's after midnight here in NC so I am officially on day 5!!!!!!! Yay! I don't know where Rooni is...I sent her a PM and haven't gotten a response!
                        AB Club Member
                        AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

x post, dest. I picture you sitting on the porch with a glass of sweet tea (insert southern accent). Wish I could see you ride in the parade.

Hey Lily! (waves)

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey LG....was it coconut cake again??? Heehee
                            AB Club Member
                            AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

LG..I know..right?! I LOVE sweet tea too! My mom said that she is going to record it on her Flip...I will try to post it here! Talk about the Long Island girl turned Southern Belle! LMAO
                              AB Club Member
                              AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

LOL, can't turn a Long Island girl into a Southerner. You have to be born and raised. Like me.

Yes, it was that damned coconut cake again. I showed it. It's gone now. Wait, I think I lost that round, haha.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Working...
                                X