Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

This is true LG! I will never say "Ya'll" and I will always want my morning "Cawfee" after I walk the "Dowg".....heehee Hmmmmm...I think I had too much "Chawcolate" before bed! I am WIDE awake!
    AB Club Member
    AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Destiniey and LibraryGirl, you two are funny. I myself am an Island Girl, if you know Ontario at all, check Toronto, there is a little Island called Centre Island. No one lives on it now, just a tourist attraction, but my parents lived there till after I was born. Most people that know the area get the joke.
      Hope I did not bore you with my dry sense of humour
      So today I enter Day 4, yesterday was hot and atot of thunderstorms. My poor dog becomes my shadow with the shakes.
      Last nite I went to bed around 10 pm and I woke up at 5:20 am. Things are looking up. I have been normally waking around 3 a.m.
      I was also reading about flu like symptoms. Yes I had those, the first fiew days I was cold and sweaty at the same time. I am constantly hungry.
      I listen to country, has any noticed how many of the songs are drinking songs. I pay more attention when I am not drinking strange.
      So please can someone tell me how to do those little posts or whatever at the bottom telling our goals. I cannot even figure out how to insert smileys. Boy I can be computer iliterate,
      So congrats to all who made it yesterday, and good luck on your July 4 holiday. Funny I quit on our Canada Day. Good time to stop drinking during a big celebration.
      Goal
      I am starting over as of Sept 6
      SHIT this is so stupid (I hate AL)

AF since June 30, 2012
      be AF for 7 days yea done:yay::yay:
      be AF for 21 days July 21, 2012 boy I did it
      be AF for 30 Days July 30, 2012 I have done it:thanks: to all the nesters
      Now to be AF for 60 days Aug 29---blew it
      Work to be AF for 90 days Sept 28---blew it

I have been AF for 1 month Oct, 2011
      I have been AF before for 3 months Mar 16, 2011-July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well we took one broadside and bought the farm. Brother stress just overtook me to the point of returning to planet phucket. They serve beer on that planet.

I am beamed back aboard and were are on our way again. No use crying over spilled beer. The thing is I see that just muscling up will not do the trick. This will come again, and I need to let it pass. Let it go through and just breath. It shocks me how difficult the last few evenings were. They were very loaded with stress. An AA friend of mine points out that it might be that most evenings are this way but you just are not medicated and they appear much harder than normal. Not sure but they were not easy.

Anyway my goal remains the same. Want to get past day three and beyond. Might try and check out an AA meeting in the meantime. Never been to one except to support others years ago when I was under the illussion I had no drinking problem. So maybe my goal should read 3 days and attend 1 AA meeting.

Hope everyone else faired better.

In the battle.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all; here I go again!!! It is up to me to make it last....
          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Litre! LG is a funny girl...she definitely makes me laugh! I am so glad that you are doing good and racking up those AF days. I am also having a tough time at night...I wake up every 2 hours and I am sweaty and cold and feel nauseous. I had the night sweats the first time a seriously tried to go AF back in May and then they stopped. The last few times I "quit" I didn't get them so I was kind of taken off guard when it started up again this time. I woke up this morning and didn't feel too well but I am feeling better now. I am fine during the day...so weird! OK..enough about me! Ha!
            To add your goals to the bottom of your posts you have to go to the top of the page and where it says "User CP" click on that. On the left side of the page you will see "Edit Signature" click on that and a box will come up...you can then add whatever you like and it will be at the bottom of your post. To insert smileys and other crazy crap in your posts just got to "advanced" and you will find them there. I hope that helps!!!!!!!
            AB Club Member
            AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone
              Day 4 of my holiday, the Internet here is really unstable, keep losing my Wi Fi connection! I try and read when I can but I can't always log on.

Doing ok, the first couple of nights were tough but am feeling a bit more confident now.

Today is day 132 AF.i went out for dinner last night and wasn't too bothered about being AF. It is raining a lot so we go swimming at the water park a lot - the kids are loving it.

I will try and check in when I can - if you don't hear from me it's probably cos I am having Internet trouble again!

Bye for now - and have an especially good 4th July, those of you in the USA.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Gdog and Daisy.....glad to see you brushed yourself off and are back in the nest!!!! Onward and upward my friends!!!!!!!
                AB Club Member
                AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Destiniey. I really want to live AF. There is life beyond it I know. Falling back into self pity is no life at all.

Moving forward at full speed away from Planet Alcohol. Dead aim on day one.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Boot Camp Roll Call for July 4th, 2012

Fin - Day 3 (back on the path to 30 days)

Happy 4th of July. I'm feeling strong today and our family plans are conducive to not caving. We're in the mountains with all the kids / cousins, etc. I do have a question though. Last night I had a non-alcoholic beer. Less than 0.5% AL. It was nice, but I couldn't help thinking it was a cheat. That said, I only had one and was 999.50% sober. I'm going to say it's okay.
                    Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                    Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning! Planet Nosleepforthewicked sucked me in again this morning. I've been up since 5:30 am. Bf was up all night playing video games and woke me up saying, let's go to the beach! Yep, very spontaneous one, him. I tried to tell him that I did that one time years ago and by the time my friend and I tried to find somewhere to spend the night, we ended up stopping at every hotel until we were about 1/2 hour from home and gave up.:H Did he not grow up in America? The 4th of the July is the most popular vacation week of the year!

Hi Gdog, Dest, Litre and Sausage. I have been AF since July 1. No AL since Fri. and it was a "planned slip". I am not sure if I will imbibe at all this week because I really don't have any desire. I have recently said that my goal is to be mostly AF, especially on work nights, and not necessarily on weekends either. I know that I wouldn't be able to set these goals if I had not gone for over 40 days AF. In all I have 39 consecutive AF days, then 47 consecutive AF days. I feel proud of that, even though it seems like baby steps to some.

Hope everyone is having a great day, and Happy 4th of July to all my American MWO peeps.

Lg

"I like people too much or not at all."
                      Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!

Freedom is a wonderful thing!
                        Plan on being free from the grips of AL today

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone and Happy 4th to those in the US. It's raining here, which is a bummer for those with outdoor plans (and the fireworks tonight), but we could really use this rain. I have no plans for the day, just relaxing, and I have to go back to work tomorrow so it doesn't feel much like a holiday. Which is good, keeps me out of trouble

Gdog, good for you on getting right back on track, and trying new options (AA). I've made the trip to planet phucket many many times. It's so easy to get to, but I'm never glad I'm there once I arrive. It does get easier, and I think the boost in self esteem you get after gutting through more AF days is a powerful ally in not giving in to the stress.

ITchick, I get very sleepy when I go AF. I'm getting enough sleep at night so it's not that. For me I think it's the removal of the anxiety symptoms, instead of being jittery I'm overly serene (I wanted to say calm but that's not the right word, as I'm still stressed). Any way I think the brain and body eventually adjusts.

Day 29 for me, my goal was 30 but I'm not stopping now I'm on a roll, LOL.

Have a great day everyone
                          AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

LillyE;1345582 wrote: Boot Camp Roll Call July 3rd

Monique, you've just been a bit quiet of late - doing ok?
                            Hi all, and Lilly, thanks so much for the shout out. Very nice to see the inquiry.

I've been on a road trip since 6/28 (over 1500 miles so far) and am now happily ensconced poolside at my parents' home in California, visiting with my Ph.d-candidate niece and her boyfriend, my sister and her family, and my BF and son.

Celebrating 8 weeks as of Monday; 58 days on this 4th of July. Can't deny that a cool glass of wine sounded nice along the way but holding steadfast to sobriety without too much fanfare. I've never taken the time to "think through the drink" before, and I'm doing that now. I don't want to go back to where I was. And I know drinking just one or two glasses of wine (or even one bottle) is not an option for me. Or it is, always, but not one with a happy ending. My sister knows about my outpatient/detox which helps keep me accountable, but my parents don't. I was sober for a little over 4 months from Sept. 2010 - Jan. 2011 and that was the last time they saw me so they don't know what all has transpired in the meantime and I don't want to worry them with the details. Same thing with my son; I was sober for a few weeks/months? when he was home last summer. I heeded my fellow nesters' advice and just let that sleeping dog lie. However, I know that part of my impetus for getting sober was knowing that I wanted to for my son's visit, so I have to make sure I don't let myself slide once he goes home. I'm going to schedule a visit with my AL counselor post-haste.

The next challenges are to quit smoking (which has increased) by the end of the year (let's not rush into anything!), get back to exercising and ditch the mid-afternoon/evening sugar cravings. I am sleeping well which is such a blessing. Incentive enough to stay sober in some ways.

It's nice to check in. I haven't been online enough to track back and catch up on everyone's progress so sending out a communal good luck and best wishes, whatever your goal. And to my friends in the States, have a happy, safe 4th.
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            "Indecision brings its own delays, and days are lost lamenting over lost days."
                            ~ from Goethe's Faust

:target: AF as of May 8, 2012
                            :target: Non-smoker as of Sept. 15, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning! Saying a quick hello and "hang tough" to all this 4th of July. I am heading to a party today where I will have plenty of opportunity to watch the effects of alcohol....I am not tempted today to join in....I want to make an appearance and leave - as I don't want my boy hanging around witnessing either. It won't be pretty.

That's not to say that it's all easy - that's for sure. It's still the "leading up to" the party that tempts me...and hanging out here alone - sometimes I wonder when this demon will give up the friggin fight.... But I'm "hanging tough" too...:-)
                              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today my son told a friend of his Mother her life. I know the boy he is same age as my son 32, my heart stopped and I went cold and cried.
                                Back the middle of March I took a bottle of pills and washed it down with wine..a lot of wine. I guess deep down I knew I did not want to die, I called 911. They had to break down the door. I remember nothing, except when I poured the pills into my hand, it looked like someone else was doing it. Even when I woke I did not recongize my daughter. So I was sent to the phyc hospital for 2 weeks.
                                A dear friend of mine from the States asked me what the meds were, she looked them up and were anti depressants. Turns out some of the side effects that are rare are suicidal thoughts and tendencies. I had talked of it for some time, I had been on them for the past 4 years and my dr just changed them a week before. When I found this out I told the Dr who looked after that ward my concerns. He did not argue, simply said "We will take you off them."
                                My son and daughter were very upset, and they had every right. I went home the first of April. I no longer have those thoughts, not even when I was drinking heavy.
                                So this morning was the first real time I realized how much I hurt my children. Something I would never want to do. My son just had a week old son. This is one of the hardest post I have ever wrote.
                                Thankyou for listening, strange how medication meant to helps us, can really destroy us. I still have little bouts of the blues, but not like when I was on the meds.
                                Goal
                                I am starting over as of Sept 6
                                SHIT this is so stupid (I hate AL)

AF since June 30, 2012
                                be AF for 7 days yea done:yay::yay:
                                be AF for 21 days July 21, 2012 boy I did it
                                be AF for 30 Days July 30, 2012 I have done it:thanks: to all the nesters
                                Now to be AF for 60 days Aug 29---blew it
                                Work to be AF for 90 days Sept 28---blew it

I have been AF for 1 month Oct, 2011
                                I have been AF before for 3 months Mar 16, 2011-July 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X