Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks Dest, as I said meds can hurt you more than help you sometimes, I am so happy I called 911. I never want to put my children through what my son's friend is going through and that hurts my son.

So on a brighter note DAY 5, yea. :happy: Had my doubts I could do it, the weather as helped. It is too hot to go anywhere and then there are all these thunderstorms.

I also have been a reader all my life, more so lately. I have to soon buckle down and look for a job. It has been a month since I moved, and books can only fill a certain void. I look forward to meeting new people and making a fresh start.

I also wondered how people got to be senior members (Congrats LG on you) I thought it was the length of time they have been here.
    Goal
    I am starting over as of Sept 6
    SHIT this is so stupid (I hate AL)

AF since June 30, 2012
    be AF for 7 days yea done:yay::yay:
    be AF for 21 days July 21, 2012 boy I did it
    be AF for 30 Days July 30, 2012 I have done it:thanks: to all the nesters
    Now to be AF for 60 days Aug 29---blew it
    Work to be AF for 90 days Sept 28---blew it

I have been AF for 1 month Oct, 2011
    I have been AF before for 3 months Mar 16, 2011-July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

One of my teens left yesterday afternoon, and we are not sure where he is. Sparing the big details lets just say things have not been good. I am choosing to believe this might help him in the long run, but currently it is scary for us. I turned the wrong way for comfort and relief and ended up drinking again. These events will happen in life, and so to justify drinking because of them is wrong. I feel like crap both physically and mentally.
      No excuses. Day one again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone!!!!!!!

LillyE...I never thought of the LG jingle before....now I can't get it out of my head! LOL

Kradle...I am soooooo proud of you! When you wake up this morning you are going to feel wonderful...no regrets....how nice is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbs:

Gdog...I am so sorry to hear that you are having some nasty family issues right now. Just try and remember when things get rough that drinking will not miraculously make it better...it merely numbs the pain for a bit but then adds to it 10 fold! I am so hoping that today is a better day for you! Stay strong!

Litre...Hi!!!!!!!:wavin:
        AB Club Member
        AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Destiniey. Just hoping to make it through today. ODAT for sure.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quick Hello from me whilst I've got a Wi Fi connection.

Today is day 133 AF. Holiday going well despite the wet weather.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sausage - Read your story on another thread, and appreciate you sharing your journey. 133 days must just be such a joy. Hope I can locate your footsteps marching away from this dang place I am at.

Comment

Newbies Nest

This is post no 995, not long now before I become a Senior Member! ( I believe it is after you have made 1000 posts!)

The suspense is killing me.....!

Glad you enjoyed my story Gdog.

The last few days haven't been easy - am currently away on holiday with the family with a very dodgy WiFi connection and I rely on this site so much to stay motivated , strong and accountable.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gdog, when my son was in high school, he skipped more times than he was present, was suspended numerous times. He eventually lost his job, not due to him but the company moved, then he would not try to find another. After some time he told me he was joining the Army, good I thought he needs the dicipline. Then he said it was Combat Engineer. That scared me, he decided not to. Well I gave him two months notice that I was moving, he again did nothing.
                  So to make a long story shorter, today 5 years later he is 26 and is a father of a baby girl, he is working and putting himself through school. I am very proud of him. Mind you I do not see much of him for the girlfriend does not like me, but I still am proud of him.

So I wish you all the luck in the World with him, he will come around. And true turning to the bottle will only numb things not help. I think acceptance is the way to go. Good luck my thoughts are with you:h
                  Goal
                  I am starting over as of Sept 6
                  SHIT this is so stupid (I hate AL)

AF since June 30, 2012
                  be AF for 7 days yea done:yay::yay:
                  be AF for 21 days July 21, 2012 boy I did it
                  be AF for 30 Days July 30, 2012 I have done it:thanks: to all the nesters
                  Now to be AF for 60 days Aug 29---blew it
                  Work to be AF for 90 days Sept 28---blew it

I have been AF for 1 month Oct, 2011
                  I have been AF before for 3 months Mar 16, 2011-July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

PIXIE!!! On behalf of the nest, it is with GREAT pride that I bestow your 30 Day Hat!!! :bday3: I know when I started out, getting past those 2/3/4 day markers came and went many times. I made it to 12 days twice and caved. When I made it to 30 days, I knew that I now had control of IT, instead of IT controlling me. Please let us know what you are thinking on this mile marker. It will help our boot campers...and it will get you in practice for your 100 Day Speech! We are so proud of you!!!

Kradle...you can't imagine how important what you did yesterday is...once you get thru a holiday AF...when it rolls around next year, you won't have that sense of dread...you KNOW you can do it. Very happy for you...Independance Day in more ways than one.

Come on now, Boot Campers...this is your Drill Sgt. Take off the training pants, and line up....This time it IT. ALCOHOL IS the enemy. It must be taken down, and the only way to do that is to cut off its head. Do NOT feed it. With every sip you give it life. And when IT has life, YOU DON'T. Only one of you can survive. Make it YOU! Be DAMNED ALCOHOL! Hit it with the A-Bomb!!! You can do this...Sgt Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Dest, Litre, Kradle, G-dog, Sausage and Byrdie!

G-dog, sorry to hear about your son. I hope things even out for you and your family soon.

Good job on kicking the drink on a holiday Kradle!!

Hi Sausage! Thanks for staying in touch while on Holiday! Hope you're having a wonderful time!

I think we're off for a road trip in a little while. I've been moaning about my weight, and got on the scale to see i've lost another lb. Hope it keeps up, because I was thinking of trying something drastic, lol.

Check in later when we get back!

"I like people too much or not at all."
                      Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Litre2: Thanks for sharing, and yes I agree acceptance is the path. Rejection seems to never work. Rejecting our pain as wrong invites us to find a way out that is also wrong. Accepting our pain as a friend invites us to not need any way out. I think the only way to do that is with a healthy sense of who we are. That confusion is probably deeply at the core of turning into Alcohol. The question is to big. So discovering that who we are, who I am is a loved piece of the God pie, and I am not someone that has to prove something is maybe steps forward. Knowing this does not mean the bottle will not throw me some flirtatious glances. That will never change. Understanding that the escape into the arms of addiction moves me further from love and grace and peace can be part of the healing.

Acceptance. That is a fantastic word.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy morning Everyone :rays:

Yes, a second day of sun here. shocking I know. Lilly, Des, LG, Byrd et al thanks so much for the July fourth kudos. You know Byrd you're right. Io did make it thru my first Holiday AF and I didn't really think of it like that, as strange as that sounds...

Gdog, you may or may not have read a bit about my struggles with Matt who is 13 going on
                          "I"ll be Goddamn if you're going to tell me what to do" years of age...

My husband and I tried everything for years and ended up with Dr. James Lehman, The Total Transormation program which while it's not a cure all for Mattdid help the way my husband and I parented him.
                          I now have to look at my son as a child with a "disability". As strange as that may sound
                          because he certainly will not come across that way to you. He is off the charts smart but profoundly immature, arrestingly immature...He was diagnosed ODD or oppositional Defiant Disorder and I could one day be posting exactly the same thing as you.
                          That Matt has left the house (which actually he did do one night with a friend who was spending the night...)
                          Looking at Mathieu now though as a child with a disability, accepting as Litre so beautifully said that this is the way this kid is wired right now has really brought a lot of peace into my heart.
                          Granted he still upsets me, but I can temper it now with a much bigger picture and I feel with the program and I do have Matt in counseling, I've got some tools to tackle this problem.

Also, and I'm not sure if this is good or bad yet, Matt knows I'm on this site and he knows what it is and he's very cool about it. My thinking is I can share how people struggle with this problem big time. Because he is right at the age when it's in his face at school. Also, obviously he has seen me at my worst though he thinks I haven't drank in years..

Man, I can hid that well didn't I... ? Or did I

Anyway, I have rambled way to long and the sun is out!!!! Cant waste it

Peace & Stength to you my Friend. You Are definitely not alone in this battle. And don't worry, long range sensors are still scanning. I'm sure you'll find him in no time and beam back aboard :h
                          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kradle. Thanks for your encouragement. Our son is we believe ODD according to a family therapist we have been meeting with. I do lately see that whatever he has is really a struggle that is beyond him at the moment. This path he is on is neccessary for some reason to work through it. Instead of hating the path I want to be honored to be apart of it. Certainly as you said helps bring peace into my heart. Accepting. A great word for today.
                            My son has used my open nature with my struggle with drinking against me. It has hurt as he is so cutting, but again I have been trying to just take away the sting by coming to a place of peace about it all. He mocks my efforts to quit so that has not been an easy part of my process.
                            Thanks again for sharing your story. I am really coming to peace with mine maybe for the very first time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the responses to my headache question! I'm on day 10 (not counting a couple of one-drink days). I honestly couldn't say the last time I went over a week without getting drunk. I was looking at a copy of "Responsible Drinking" I bought about 10 years ago and guess what - I had the same issues! SURPRISE! lol

But I don't really want to quit. I want to be able to moderate. Is this denial?
                              :new:Perdida

It's never too late to be what you might have been. George Sands

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Gdog.

I just got home from collecting Matt from his music performance class and saw your post.

super timely for me as Matt had me almost in tears (unintentional ) on the way home. his best friend is moving out of state in a month and has to stay with his mom 24/7 who has just had cosmetic surgery for severe skin problems (I think)

So his friend can't come over, can't spend time and so I suggest that it must be hard on His friend to be cooped up with his mom all the time to which. Matt replies, " No! I love Carrie! Tyler loves his mom and loves spending time with her! He doesn't mind at all. I'd be fine if it were me. "
                                And to top it off this mom had my son one weekend and was so hungover she let the boys basically run amok for 24 hours while I tried to track them down... Then she called me hysterical...well not in those words exactly .

So my first thought was fuck it. I want a drink. If a drunk mom is what my kid wants than thats what he's fricken getting....
                                Needles to say, I'm on here instead writing this all down. But I would really live a drink or a big fat aspirin right now.
                                can't win for loosin

I have to go pick up the twins.
                                Thanks for letting me vent!!
                                :l
                                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Working...
                                X