Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone!!!!! Just popping in quickly before I head to work!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful AF Friday!!!!! I will be back on later today!!!!!!!:h
    AB Club Member
    AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters. I am loving my time off this week. It will be hard to go back next week, lol. I just wanted to clarify to all that my day trip didn't consist solely of a trip to Walmart.:H:H

I was just feeding one of the cats and looked to my left at the doggy door, and apparently something tried to steal the bag of catfood from the kitchen last night.:H It is stuck in the doggy door. I cracked up laughing when I saw it. Imagine. Perhaps I should be scared? LMFAO

Hope everyone is ok. You all sound so good. Congrats Lily on going out and not drinking. That's awesome. I still haven't been around drinkers yet. Kinda makes it seem like I was the only one drinking in my life, doesn't it?:H That's just sad.

Hi Dest! Hi Kradle, I'm afraid the two of us would get kicked out of Walmart for bad behavior! LOL, my bf refused to play along so I guess I looked like the "slow" gf he had to put up with.:H

Be back lataaaaaaaaaaaa!

"I like people too much or not at all."
      Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters

Finally got on the Internet at last, the wifi here is really unreliable.

Quick hello from me. Day 134 AF. This should be my 1000th post so I will see what happens, will I get made a Senior Member after nearly 4 yrs......? The suspense is killing me!!

Let's press "Reply" and see what happens.......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes it worked !!!

I am finally a Senior Member !!

:cheering::cheering::cheering:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Sausage!! Congrats on your SR Membership! I always wondered how that was bestowed!! You are such an asset to this site...I'm so proud of all your AF days!! It does get easier with time doesn't it!! :contrat1000: B
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

well done sausage
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Newbies Nest

:wave::wave:

Whoo hoo for the Saucy Senior! Well done & hard fought so most deserved. :goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Also, re the mod discussion earlier, just wanted to repost this great thread

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f4...ion-37192.html

Right. Really am off to bed now. It's 1:30am here!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nest,

Sausage, you rock! My twins love your Avatar by the way...now they want piglets. And a kitten?

Feel tired and slow this morning which stinks. Lots to do and its beautiful out. Really awful, weird dream where I had bought 5 labradoodle dogs, entered them in a dog show and then proceeded to mix like 3 drinks and leave them on the table. Then suddenly I look up and theres RJ , cleaning up the room, picking up some clothes and dishes and she says hi and I am just sick because here I am with these three drinks right next to me and a bottle of wine...

Woke up thinking I had actually drank. Pretty much figured out the labradoodle and RJ part was a dream
                    So long night.

Wishing everyone a great day
                    :l
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Boot Camp Roll Call for July 6th, 2012

Fin - Day 5 (hit goal 1)

Hope everyone is well and have a good / free weekend.
                      Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                      Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

LillyE;1346751 wrote: Also, re the mod discussion earlier, just wanted to repost this great thread

It is a good thread, Lily. Thanks for posting. I do have to say that I have not been plagued with thoughts of drinking. It actually has been (so far) kind of freeing that I have decided that I *can* drink moderately if I choose. I haven't chosen to do so in 5 days, and really don't know when I might or if I will.

I'm heading out with bf to NC to see Destiney. Hahahah, I wish! Actually we are going to a flea market in Marion NC. Hope we have a good, profitable day. I'll check back later.

Have a great day everyone!

Lg

"I like people too much or not at all."
                        Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well on Day 6 I crossed a milestone. I went to the Mall and never even thought about the liquor store. I found myself walking in that direction without thinking, and did a u-turn and took the long way. That was the only time I thought about it.:wow::wd::yay:

Gdog, I know the difficulties you are going through, and you are having the right thoughts of how to handle it. It is difficult for sure. So happy you are looking into different avenues than that bottle, the guilt will be deeper than any well. Again I know that aspect also. Take care my thoughts are with you always.

Dest, you seem like you are doing great, so pleased. Thanks for the tidbits. Still having trouble with the signature part but can live with that.:thanks::thumbs:

Everyone else sorry I missed you by name, but I am heading to a friends for a swim and movie. It is going to be 35 celcius and I think that is somewhere around 90-95 degrees. Either way it is as hot as H***. If it were not for that breeze it would be unbearable.
                          Goal
                          I am starting over as of Sept 6
                          SHIT this is so stupid (I hate AL)

AF since June 30, 2012
                          be AF for 7 days yea done:yay::yay:
                          be AF for 21 days July 21, 2012 boy I did it
                          be AF for 30 Days July 30, 2012 I have done it:thanks: to all the nesters
                          Now to be AF for 60 days Aug 29---blew it
                          Work to be AF for 90 days Sept 28---blew it

I have been AF for 1 month Oct, 2011
                          I have been AF before for 3 months Mar 16, 2011-July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all now on day 3.. been looking all over the site and spoken to a few..so time to jump in the nest
                            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Newbies Nest

LillyE;1346751 wrote: Also, re the mod discussion earlier, just wanted to repost this great thread

This is a good thread. Thanks for the link, etc. I'm curious what folk's thoughts are around the non-AL beers out there. Do any of you like those things? The one thing I "like" about them is that it spares me having to explain why I don't have a beer in my hand when everyone else does. I mean, so far...no one has noticed that I've had a non-AL beer vs. the real thing. Anyway, I'm a bit conflicted about it. You?
                              Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                              Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

BOOT CAMP ROLL CALL 2

Kradle - Day 20- Survived Fourth of July & First Day of Crabbing :yay::yay::
                                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Working...
                                X