Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Lolab! Congrats on your AF days! I was up at 4 too...I should've signed on here!!!! I was trying like crazy to get back to sleep though...I don't even know why I bother...Ha!

Min...230 days AF.....holt shit...that is AWESOME! I am so sorry to hear that you are struggling especially after all this time. Stay strong and remember that it's not worth having to start over on day 1 again for a temporary high. As K9 says...a craving doesn't last as long as a hangover!
    AB Club Member
    AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello again, from my office...where I gave my next door neighbor 3 Heinekens from the fridge (landlord said he's on a diet and cannot drink!) then found another 6 pack that was warm in the case box, and brought that next door as well! Johnny, the neighbor, will be a happy camper tonight!

I know I'm only on day 2, but it feels really good! I have my Naltrexone, and all the vitamins and minerals from the MWO program. Wondering when and how much L-Glut I should be taking, it's not in the "recipe" in the book!

Destiniey, glad you like the icon...did you read my Warf Rats post?
      Gdog...good luck, let's see if we can reach 30 days!
      Byrdlady, I'm hoping to be that person, but more interested in the task at hand...getting to 30 days. Who knows what follows.
      Min...keep up your AWESOME work.
      Everyone else, good luck and enjoy an AL Free Monday.
      Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
      When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just read your post and I am sorry to say that I am not a dead head. My cousin went to a bunch of concerts and she was totally into the dead. Anywho...about the L-Glut....are you taking the powder or the capsules? There is also a good thread where I post alot under Holistic Healing about L-Glut...I sweat by it!!!!!!
        AB Club Member
        AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dest...No need to apologize for not being a Dead head! I'm curious as to where the thread is about the L-Glut? Can you send me a message, or post the link here? THANKS!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey...here is a good thread on L glut - is this the one? https://www.mywayout.org/community/f6...ine-37269.html
            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

That's it Lolab! There's another one under Holistic Healing called "L-Glut...unbelievable"..that one is really good too! I don't know how to post a link.....ugh!
              AB Club Member
              AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Brdie and destiniey thank you so much for your words. It means so muh and helps greatly. I am stayin strong and the devil AL has resided. For now. I'm just shocked. This far into the AL free days I am
                Still tempted. Shocking it's still so strong!!! It would be great of you can find that link Brdie. I think I need some strong stories.

Did anyone re read vales book. I read it wasn't worth reading a second time?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Brdie and destiniey thank you so much for your words. It means so muh and helps greatly. I am stayin strong and the devil AL has resided. For now. I'm just shocked. This far into the AL free days I am
                  Still tempted. Shocking it's still so strong!!! It would be great of you can find that link Brdie. I think I need some strong stories.

Did anyone re read vales book. I read it wasn't worth reading a second time?

Comment

Newbies Nest

A little inspiration for the Nestiers!... Keep flying! I'm going to!....

Mama Robin has been laying on her eggs in this heat for about two weeks. She has had to cry out for help to Papa Robin. He heard her alarm for help, together they scared off a big crow & a scag jay.

This morning I heard little tiny sounds of life coming from the nest. Mama & Papa are flying back & fourth constantly to feed the baby birds. It's going to take a lot of work to raise them, before their ready to fly away. But, they are committed!... Cause, they know they are worth it!....

No matter how much AF time we have, no matter how far we have flown to other branches, trees, or seas, there will be times of doubts, predators waiting to attack.... We must fight back, fight for our right to a healthy & reasonably happy life!

It can be done!... There's a squirrel loose on site, celebrating 4 years of Sobriety. If you think, you can still Modd, read Nicey life's story, in the tool box. It doesn't take long & your right back in the egg again.

Done With Alcohol 5/23/12 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everybody! I am on day 6 AF and it has definitely been tough. I just remembered how terrible I was feeling after the last 'bad weekend' and also the energy it took to drink on a regular basis.. That is more than enough to keep me from drinking today.
                      Liath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Min...here is Lolab's thread....B
                        Here's the thread that Byrdie was referring to. There are some excellent posts on here....about drinking after a period of abstinence. Thinking of trying to moderate?
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wildflowers;1348000 wrote:
                          It can be done!... There's a squirrel loose on site, celebrating 4 years of Sobriety. If you think, you can still Modd, read Nicey life's story, in the tool box. It doesn't take long & your right back in the egg again.
                          :h
                          Hi, Wildflowers. Thank you for the inspiration, and support. I wish you nothing but good fortune and sobriety.

You may be right about moderation for you, maybe for me, but certainly not for all people. I was attracted to this site because it offers a chance at moderation, and doesn't force the AA attitude of "all or nothing" with regards to drinking. Certainly there's been many people that have successfully been able to moderate their drinking. I'm hoping I can be one of them, as opposed to failing at sobriety if I am able to have two beers and then stop for the night.

What works for some, doesn't work for all. Again, I'm hoping to be a moderate drinker...after a period of sobriety. If I can't do it, I won't call myself a failure, I'll just admit that I can't do it. Others have tried and succeeded. If nobody has succeeded at moderation, then this whole site, and the hundreds like it are a farce.

Today I'm not drinking.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Laith nice to see you...well done on day6

Mick
                            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. Really tired today. Took a long nap. I really need to get back in shape. So much stress right now. Still trying to catch up on threads. Even though i am only on day 2, i really have had some succes of late. I have been sober and dd at several events. Yeah. I even played beer pong at a grad party (under great presure) and had a dd...that is designated drinker. I had to retire as champ because i wanted to go to back to hotel and sleep. I felt i was a good example to my kids, you can still have fun an not be drinking. Dh can be a wet blanket sober guy. Oh well. He is a solid guy and i guess i should be thankful he is not the life of the party type. He treats me like a queen.

Anyway, got to get my butt up and get dinner going. Or the king will be one hungry guy.

Take care and stay sober!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi DfromCT, I think all of us who have quit drinking have sleep problems. After 9 days I hope I sleep as well as I did last night. I wonder if some of the nesters who have abstained for a long time can tell us how long our sleep will be disturbed.

MinStar, I remember you from the last time I was in the nest. You are doing great 230 days AF. I think if you have gone this long, beating those little devilish thoughts can be done. I do not think it will ever be easy, but when determination kicks in (WE KICK BUTT)
                                If anyone asks me about not drinking, my response will be I am cleansing my system. They would never ask why, for most of the people I know realize I have a lung desease. By the way it is not fatal, just aggrivating. It is quite rare, and is not passed down, but my Mother had it. So you tell me. No one even researches this desease. Pretty sad, but what can one do. So keep telling them you are trying to get a year in, when that year comes and goes, tell them that you feel so much better you are going for two years and so forth. I believe you can. I know you can.
                                It is 5:07 here in Ontario, so if I do not log back on, all my fellow nesters enjoy your evening and good nite. Will touch base in the morning.
                                Goal
                                I am starting over as of Sept 6
                                SHIT this is so stupid (I hate AL)

AF since June 30, 2012
                                be AF for 7 days yea done:yay::yay:
                                be AF for 21 days July 21, 2012 boy I did it
                                be AF for 30 Days July 30, 2012 I have done it:thanks: to all the nesters
                                Now to be AF for 60 days Aug 29---blew it
                                Work to be AF for 90 days Sept 28---blew it

I have been AF for 1 month Oct, 2011
                                I have been AF before for 3 months Mar 16, 2011-July 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X