Comment

Newbies Nest

lol I'm Lanarkshire pleased to meet you x
        Stella

Back to the beginning day 02 Jan 2013

Grateful for MWO :thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

ah yeah matey, a wee while down the road...nice meeting you as well!! Hope your fine

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's 5:40PM on the east coast of the US, and I got past the witching hour. I'm home with my furry ones watching some TV and cooking dinner. I am really looking forward to making some tea later and reading in my bed. Tomorrow is Friday. It will be a challenge, but I am determined to do this. I hate alcohol.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yay- day 2!! I know this is horrible but hubby went out last night while I stayed home and had diet dry ginger ( ever had it with a slice of cucumber- lets you pretend you're having a treat)- now he's the one with the hangover !! I suddenly feel very empowered! I am trying to get my head around the fact that this has to be forever- I'm an all or nothing kind of person. I have big goals of getting slim and fit by doing this but I just can't seem to get enough sugar. Going on a 4 WD training course this weekend and the goal at the end of the day is happy hour- aargh. I have done 6 months- I can do it again thanks to previous responses I'm going to concentrate on that great feeling about 2 months into it when you realize you actually go through a day without obsessing.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Rooni...take a look at the top of the well.......Yup...that's me! I am waving to you and I have some coffee waiting up here. :wavin: I am going to throw you a rope!!!!!! I am so glad you made it through today...I did too! YAY!

Stella and Arrii...so glad to hear that you are both staying strong...it must be the water or something in Scotland! Ha!

K9....hey you! 199 days.....holy crap!!!!!!!!!:happy:
                AB Club Member
                AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ok-got distracted but now I'm back....

Litre2- just read your post - what a great feeling when you notice you can walk past the bottle shop without even thinking about it!! It's moments like those that really help you gather strength.im looking forward to getting that feeling back. I started posting 3 weeks ago after dreadfully hurting my husband with toxic words. Windy - you were one that gave me some encouragement then , I'm sorry you too have recently been nursing a hangover- I have been thinking a lot that I am back at day one but I'm now trying to turn my thinking around. Like you windy I went six months- I actually thought I could mod- ha ha, but now I realize I'm not back at day one- it's just been a horrible way to be reminded of why I can't touch the stuff again and take it as all part of the journey- the good thing is I am now absolutely convinced that it's so much better to get to that point when it doesn't consume you.
                  Sausage and Arii- tough doing it with young kids, my daughter is now 12 which is becoming a very strong motivator for me- you can't teach a kid resilience with a drink in your hand, she now wants to drink out of champagne flutes when her friends are around and I find myself reacting to her when I've had a couple. She is so much more grown up than me. Ooh- I better go, while you guys are all hopefully getting a good sleep my Friday has already started- no alcohol in the veins this morning- going to go make the most of it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Dest! I just grabbed your rope. Starting the climb up now....you got cream and sugar for that coffee, right?? LOL

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have a full array of stuff for the coffee....lots of gourmet creamers too!!!! Cappucino...frappe, machiatto...no problem! Ha!
                      AB Club Member
                      AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Everyone, I am back after trying to mod. Just doesn't work for me!! I am so ashamed of the booze I have drank in the last few months. Looking for support this W/E. thanks :thanks::thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Boozer....welcome back to the nest! Don't beat yourself up....brush yourself off and climb back into the nest! You just made a great first step by posting on here....the support and encouragement are awesome!
                          AB Club Member
                          AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Des, Did 40 days last try and really the feeling and my Mental Health was sensational!!!! Thanks for your welcome.:thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,
                              I am totally new to this site. My husband is an alcoholic and after 15 years together he is finally getting help. It was definitely not his biggest drunk was the straw that broke the camel's back but it was the one that made me say I just can not continue to live with both this man and his other true love-the bottle. He has agreed to get help so I am looking around here to see what options are there for him so that we will be fully informed when he sees the doc on Monday. We did see a doctor together yesterday and the doc told him there is nothing available to help a person quit drinking and it was ok for him to have a few. I was gobsmacked to say the least and thought if I wasn't here and hubby came home and told me this I would think it was a big lie he made up to avoid the issue. Anyhow I hope the next doctor is better informed on what is available but in any case I will make sure I am and hopefully hubby will experience some freedom from the hold alcohol has had on him. Any advice etc. would be greatly appreciated. It appears to me that Antabuse and Baclofen may be his best options.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Newbies!
                                I have good news! I made it through my beach vacation for over a week and I didn't drink. Usually I am cracking open the bottle of wine in between trips to bring in groceries and luggage. My husband even got me a bottle of non alcoholic wine but I didn't touch it. I am proud to say that tomorrow is day 27 for me. I am so embarrassed that it has been since I was pregnant that I have ever gone that long.

I have been reading over so many of these uplifting and wonderful messages and I think I will have to try to go WAY past the 30 day commitment. I am reading them and seeing myself in every single one where we think we can only have a few and be ok. This is just too precious to me to go back. I need to keep going. I love this blog because I see so much in common with our struggles and everyone's honesty. :h:h:h:rolleyesmonkey:
                                Butterbean

Start date: Sunday June 17, 2012
                                30 days AF, DONE!
                                Next goal, stay dry!

Comment

Working...
                                X