Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks Dest!! You are very sweet. I'm thinking about that great cup of coffee that we're gonna have when we both hit 30 days!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone! Wow lots going on here in the nest. I read every post, but I get overwhelmed when I try to respond because there's so much to comment on. So many posts strike a chord with me.

Gdog, I think you are smart to try a method you think will work best for you. Before my day 1 I gradually decreased my drinking over several weeks (there were some slips but I got right back on it) - it was a way to ease my brain into it. That seems to work better for me, hope it works for you too.

Rooni, if you'd like another someone pulling on that rope for you, I'm here. Just as long as I can keep one hand free for my coffee if it's before 9 AM.

Kradle - good to see you, I'm thinking about you.

Hello to everyone else, and welcome to the new people.

I'm on day 38 (I think, too lazy to calculate it at the moment). This is all new territory for me, but it's feeling good.
      AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

LibraryGirl;1349169 wrote: K9 did you get the job??
        LG - I am testing for it tomorrow...a 2 1/2 hour written test. Over 100 people applied for this job, but I know that if it's meant to be, I will get it. If not, I will resign myself to what I have and keep an eye out for other opportunities. I have been studying, and I realized I am not a good student. I'm easily sidetracked. LOL

Wish me luck tomorrow. At least I'll be going in clear headed...when I tested for the job now I had a hangover...

I have about 4 pages to catch up on...ya'll have been busy!

K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

pixie;1349520 wrote:
          Rooni, if you'd like another someone pulling on that rope for you, I'm here. Just as long as I can keep one hand free for my coffee if it's before 9 AM.
          Yes, please grab hold of that rope! Your 38 days gives you lots of strength, so feel free to use one of your hands for that coffee LOL

By the way, sounds like we need to form a sober coffee club around here. I know Dest and me are coffee fiends. Coffee fiends unite! LOL

I guess you can tell I'm in much better spirits today. As everyone here can relate, gosh it's SO NICE to have Day 1 behind me. Day 1s SUCK A BIG ONE!

I'm not too worried about getting tempted to drink tonight. My biggest drinking buddy reserves Fridays for her husband, so we're good there. My other drinking buddy - well, this may sound bad, but I've pretty much dumped her as a friend - for lots of reasons....so we're good there too....

Anyway, tomorrow morning is my weight watchers meeting. I haven't been in two weeks, and I know I've gained weight. Well, I'm just gonna get it over and get back on track.

Alcohol is one of the worst things you can intake when you're trying to lose weight, especially at my age (43)!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the welcoming words. I hope and pray that my husband makes the necessary changes for himself. It will not be easy, however drinking has not been easy either and nothing good ever comes easy. It will be one week alcohol free as of tonight for him.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi folks, Hows everyone??? Hope everyone is doing great today and managing well with things? Im on day 3 and the days finally nearly over..still not bought vino...am cooking a three course meal...main is steak normally tank a bottle of vino with that but tonight its a bottle of pepsi for moi lol was dying for a bottle earlier tho, so was getting a few cravings there, but seeing u lot who are managing so well makes me realise i can also get through it like u guys.

KarenzKarz hang in there matey, im finding support from here and hubby the best medicine Hope ur also ok xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone:

So many smiling and committed people here in the nest today almost
                forgot it was Friday the 13th. :egad::

Pixie you're so right there is so much to comment on I get lost in everybody's amazing posts of their power and strength clearly showing their sheer determination to win back their lives, their families, themselves. Sometimes people just showing up to post here looks miraculous to me and i I usually end up crying by the end of the nest so I forgot to comment !

Same today, I'm afraid. :H Sorry to be maudlin. Long stressful week. Am on Day 27 if you can believe this and it feels a little like the smoking time when I quit and then had a lot of awful stuff hit me in the head and I still didn't want to smoke and it was so odd.
                Hope that general/overall feeling continues to stay put but still have those occasional Beach Boy moments of ' Wouldn't it be Nice' of course.

Heading over to the lake with a good girl friend and her twins today. Girlie day out. Husband, son and our 'friend we were helping for a few weeks but is still living with us after a year' have all gone camping...so a breather for all parties. Everyone in their respective corners.
                Even the dog is gone . No pun intended..

Wishing everyone a fun Friday with at least one adventure in there. Much gratitude as always for everyone last one of you.

:l

PS: Rooni, right there with you on the day ones. Sometimes I would actually convince myself I Wasn't hungover and try to move thru the morning tra la la until I FELL OVER. :upset:
                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just had a thought as I was reading the latest post, Today is my Day 13 on Friday the 13th, good thing there is not another13 in there. I heard on the radio, that this is the 3rd Friday 13th this year, and there have been 13 weeks inbetween each one. That is a very rare thing to happen.

Dfrom- Day 6, good for you. I also am tasting things more now. I noticed it with my coffee a few days ago. Maybe now is the time to try something I donot like, like cooked carrots, naw don't think so. Did not even like them when I was a kid.

Pixie- 38 Days, what a great thing, I can hardley wait. It is coming however, I know that

K9- Good Luck on Sat, the whole nest is rootin for you

Karen- Your husband having one week AF is a really great milestone, good for him. And again good for you for your support

Kradle- Day 27, everyone is racking up those days. Enjoy your Girlie Day at the beach, you deserve it

Not sure if I will check in later, going to just sit and watch a movie before I make my dinner. So if I do not pop in enjoy your evening nesters, talk to you tomorrow.

Rooni, still hanging on, I think I can see you a bit clearer now soon your head with be out and in the sunshine
                  Goal
                  I am starting over as of Sept 6
                  SHIT this is so stupid (I hate AL)

AF since June 30, 2012
                  be AF for 7 days yea done:yay::yay:
                  be AF for 21 days July 21, 2012 boy I did it
                  be AF for 30 Days July 30, 2012 I have done it:thanks: to all the nesters
                  Now to be AF for 60 days Aug 29---blew it
                  Work to be AF for 90 days Sept 28---blew it

I have been AF for 1 month Oct, 2011
                  I have been AF before for 3 months Mar 16, 2011-July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

I made it past the witching hour. Yay! Onward to day 3....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today is Day 14, 2 weeks. I am more proud of myself this time than the other two times. This time I have a more positive frame of mind, after the first few days it got easier. It still can be a challenge some times, but that little red shit head actually has duct tape over his mouth, Mr White must have done that when I was sleeping, way to go my friend.:lilangel:
                      Rooni- only a few more steps and you will be out of that well, I think it was Byrdie who said after three days the AL is out of our system. :groupluv: This is all the nesters holding on to that rope to make sure the beast does not get you.
                      Goal

AF since June 30, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 3 and heading to my Weight Watchers meeting, which I have not been to in two weeks. I have probably gained weight due to alcohol and crappy food consumed when drinking/hungover. It's OK, I'm expecting the worst and will just deal with it.

Thanks Litre!! I have definitely made progress climbing the side of the well, and so far the beast has not been able to drag me back down due to the strong pulling of that rope by you, Dest, and everyone else here in the nest! Yes, Byrdie did say that three days is a milestone, because the alcohol should be out of your system. So if I can get through today, the poison will be all out of my body. I can't wait!!!!

I sure hope everyone in the nest is doing well and keeping sober. If you're struggling, remember that you are NOT alone. You have friends here who are routing for you. It's time to get your life back!!

A friend of mine said one time when I mentioned that I hadn't gone AF for any extended period of time in my adult life. She said, "Aren't you just curious what it would feel like? Why don't you just give it a try?" :-)

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am a newbie. My last drink was last night. It was AA approved as I needed to get something out of my head. It was fun. Right up until the point I realized hubby has a stop button, that I don't have. Apparently lots of people have 'em. I don't. I will be doing a major detox today. I got so good at this that I have detoxing down

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sunflower- Welcome to the nest. You will find here alot of us have different vises. Some are fighting Planets, others are trying to climb out of deep wells and still others have little red shit head on a shoulder trying to take them down the wrong path. What we all have in common however, is, none of us have that stop button. I should not say none of us, there are a few nesters who seem to be able to moderate, and I wish them luck. So grab some velcro, hang on for this is an adventure that is so worth while you will never regret it. I have been AF for 2 weeks, and my frame of mind is so positive I do not miss it at all. That little red shit head still tries, but he now has duct tape over his mouth and I hope it stays there.
                            Goal

AF since June 30, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Change of plans. I was obviously working on this build up to 30 days again in August, but just last night as I lay in bed having drank the last two nights and not enjoying it at all, I made the decision to try and go ahead and start today. I have picked 50 days as that will be through August plus one day. There is just absolutely no question my mood, energy, etc are much much better AF. Starting a nutritional change Aug 1st, so this should be a great help also. Going to take daily committment and support, and I will encourage back.
                              Time to take this to the next level!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Helloooo Nesters!

Wow, I've made it to day 7! Gonna make it THROUGH day 7, and start my second week tomorrow!

I'm beating myself up a bit this morning because for the second time this sober week I left my gas grill on overnight. Went to feed my pepper plants and noticed the porch was hot, dammit I did it again. Probably going to have to refill the tank, which means exposing to the complex that I'm using the 20 lb tank we're not supposed to have again this weekend. What a dumb f'er I can be. Can't even blame it on being shitfaced, just stupid!

Going to run to the grocery store while it's still relatively early and the aisles are empty. Even sober I hate when the stores are crowded. My wife, now in her 35th week carrying our twins, is sleeping and probably will until noon, as her sleep patterns are really messed up late in pregnancy. I don't want to wake her to ask what she ordered online, but I also don't want to get stuff she bought. Hmmm...I guess I'll get a couple days food and if we duplicate something we'll use the freezer.

I'm still pondering the dangers and pitfalls of my potential to moderate after 30 days. Maybe I'll go a few more and have that glass of wine with my wife the night before she leaves the hospital after the babies are delivered (c-section Aug 9 if all goes as planned, so that would put the last nights dinner somewhere around the 13th, which would be somewhere btw 35 and 40 days for me!) As I've discussed with some of my MWO friends, the last thing I want is to be a moderation failure and end up back where I was drinking heavily. OMG how that thought disgusts me.

I'll probably check in later, hope all are well.

Dave

K9 dying to hear how the test went. Wonder if you get results instantly, or wait weeks? Let us know how you think you did if it's the later. :l
                                Sunflower, WELCOME and good luck. I'm rooting for you.:welcome:
                                Litre, congrats on two weeks, WAY TO GO!
                                Rooni---you're doing great, just let the days string together!
                                Gdog...wow...what a revelation! I started in a similar manner last Sunday, wasn't expecting it to be day one, but realized late in the day I didn't want to drink. You might want to add some serious vitamin and Kudzu ASAP, and consider the starter packs they sell here. The Hypnotherapy CD helps a lot for me. Let me know if you want to talk about my program and what I like and don't like about the starter package (ie I can't tolerate the Magnesium Citrate, haven't taken a single one since the pill made me gag, it's WAY too big!) :goodjob:
                                Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
                                When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Comment

Working...
                                X