Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Day 15, going good, it is a rainy day. Serves me right, I was teasing a friend of mine in the UK when she said that all they were having was rain, I posted something like "Awe too bad, all we get is sunshine, and hot dry days". Learn to keep my mouth shut, but we do need the rain.
    I do not know what I did to myself, but Friday late afternoon, I began to have pains on my mid right rib cage. It makes it difficult to breath or take a big breath. I know it is not my lung problem, for it does not cause pain. So for the past few days, I have been living on muscle relaxers and paid killers, all over the counter. I guess I have to go to a walk in. Since I moved a month ago and have no car, I am going to have one Hell of a time going to a hospital if they want exrays. Wish me luck, that tomorrow A.M. I wake up and the pain is gone.
    Yea the sun is peaking through the clouds, looks more positive now. Yesterday I told my one brother I had quit drinking, he is the only one who knows. Unfortunately, it is lost on him, for he was drinking. In his defense however, he is battling cancer and feels little hope for himself. Why try, I believe that is his thoughts.

GDog-good move, I know I feel better mentally and emotionally once I decided to go AF

Dfrom- Hey good work on 7 days-twins how exciting, are they your first children? Unfortunately moderation does not seem to work for anyone who has been dependant on AL. Please re-think good and hard before you have that glass. Enjoy your new life and house. It is a great way to change patterns. Oh by the way, about teens, this is what my Mom used to say "Teenagers should be outlawed" then when they reach 20 they can come back to the human race.

Pixie-Yes being AF does give one power over ourselves. I can honestly say, now I am in control, not AL

Rooni-Wish I did, but I chose not to have cable, at least till I get a job.
    I love the way some people offer support, even if he is a drinking buddy. Personally, I stay away from all temptation and will till I am more comfortable with my life change.

Kradle-Save a slap for the other nesters. Maybe we can wake this buddy up.

TxEllen-Once you commit to being AF, you will start to lose weight. You will have no more empty calories. I have lost 5 lbs in the past 2 weeks. I also drink about 2 litres of water daily, I walk with my dog. Not only is she an incentive, it is a must.
    You have already logged up 21 days, so you can do. The nesters are rootin for you.

Yoga-Like Ellen, there is no one here to moniter my drinking, except myself and my word I gave here in the nest. I often say I have not alot to offer except my word. Glad you are doing well, keep it up.
    Goal
    I am starting over as of Sept 6
    SHIT this is so stupid (I hate AL)

AF since June 30, 2012
    be AF for 7 days yea done:yay::yay:
    be AF for 21 days July 21, 2012 boy I did it
    be AF for 30 Days July 30, 2012 I have done it:thanks: to all the nesters
    Now to be AF for 60 days Aug 29---blew it
    Work to be AF for 90 days Sept 28---blew it

I have been AF for 1 month Oct, 2011
    I have been AF before for 3 months Mar 16, 2011-July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Where's Lilly and Dest?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters:
        Day 28 over here in The Emerald Forest.

Feels different this time because I have had this many days before. This feels more...thoughtful and supported for lack of better words. before it was more impulsive and 'thin' for lack of better words. MWO Huge here of course. :h

Rooni I had no idea your friend was a drinking buddy. That NEVER occurred to me :quoted:: I never would have said that had I known. I just though he was a 'normal' friend you had been confiding in for support. So sorry. I think I was overdosing on BBQ Chips and Bruce Willis last night !!

Yogamom: Being alone in the house is a Huge trigger for me . My girlfriend offered to taker my twins for a sleep over Friday (she does owe me! ) but since the Husband and son r camping, I knew this would be a BAD idea. So Twin sleepover number three accomplished.

Rainy start to the day. Lots of crab in the fridge. Caught 2 Huge Dungeness yesterday and
        cooked them straightaway. I can't order seafood in a restaurant anymore. Too spoiled

Wishing everyone a great Sunday with at least one adventure :h

:l
        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kradle123;1350299 wrote: Rooni I had no idea your friend was a drinking buddy. That NEVER occurred to me :quoted:: I never would have said that had I known. I just though he was a 'normal' friend you had been confiding in for support. So sorry. I think I was overdosing on BBQ Chips and Bruce Willis last night !!:l
          Hey Kradle!! Nah, it's fine!! It doesn't matter if this person is a drinking buddy or not - I just wanted to point out how little support we often get from friends when it comes to quitting drinking - drinking buddy, friend, or whatever!

Several weeks ago, someone mentioned that there's really no need to go around telling people that you've quit drinking - they will figure it out just by seeing that you're not drinking!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hellooooo fellow nesters!

Just a quick check in, Day 8....which means I MADE IT ONE WEEK!! YAAHH HOO!!!

Hope everyone is doing well, I'll try to check back a little later when I have time. Sorry so short, I know I owe a few responses.

Dave
            Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
            When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats DfromCT!! That's fantastic!! Only two more days, and you'll be in the double digits! You're doing great. Are your urges lightening up any?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in guys day 5 for me but not been on for a couple days, wow everyone has been so busy!!
                feels like dose increaseon pills doc gave me for panic and depression are kicking thank goodness
                the world is looking like a much better place, or maybe its because the AL monster is not able to kick
                them out my system, anyway onwards and upwards...stay strong sorry if I have missed anyone xx

Boozer...welcome back i to have returned after failing at modding x

Butterbean....way to go well done I have never tried an AL free holiday, be proud x

Mick..........cheers for the encouragement, love the sound of that new calf!!! u jumped the wall lol

Windy.........dont beat urself up, good ;uck with moving on x

Litre2........great post sounds like ur doing well x well done on 2 weeks

GDog..........I to take nutritinal suppliments and shakes they are very good and help me the last time I stopped x

rooniferd..... I recognise the the anxiety and shame sooo much also, with me it leads to panic attacks and
                feelings of self hatred and yes like you I am determined to "break the cycle"
                Last week I lost my Great Dane but still have one dog and two cats so know how much workpets can
                be never mind when they are not getting along...good luck with finding puppy a good home x

K9............. I to am wading through pages not been on for a few days wow theres a lot of good stuff to
                read x

The Sun Flower.. welcome...I to seem to be missing the stop button like so many others on here x

free fly........ no need to skulk in welcome x
                Stella

Back to the beginning day 02 Jan 2013

Grateful for MWO :thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters
                  Quick check in from me - hi again Stella , i remember you helping me when I first set out on this journey in Feb. good to see u back, you will find things a lot easier in a few more days so hang in there.

So many people in double figures now & Dfrom CT, u are nearly there. Kradle, you are nearly at 30 days... Fantastic.

Today is day 143 for me, I do sometimes have moderation thoughts but then I always come on here and read posts from people who have tried to mod and it has gone wrong, and that helps.

Stay strong everyone x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,

I got back last Saturday the 7th from a 10-day, 2700-mile, 7 state road trip - all alcohol free. It was great and as usually happens on the road, full of little epiphanies and insights.

Didn't have much time along the way to be online so will be checking in daily now to get caught up on everyone's trials, tribulations, and successes.

Today is day 69 for me. Now that I'm not hanging on by my fingernails, I'm working with my counselor on a 12-step inspired program and revisiting how to fill that void left without the alcohol.

Best wishes to everyone and hope we all have a great week.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    "Indecision brings its own delays, and days are lost lamenting over lost days."
                    ~ from Goethe's Faust

:target: AF as of May 8, 2012
                    :target: Non-smoker as of Sept. 15, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey sausage same neck of woods...143 days wow wish I stuck in now, how you handling big social events theses seem to be my downfall x
                      Stella

Comment

Newbies Nest

I don't go out much to be honest as my husband works away so I am on my own with the kids a lot.

I did go down to London for a few days recently and out socially for 3 nights in a row;

1st night wasn't too bad, the friends I was meeting don't really drink and none of us had wine with meal.

The 2nd night I was at a military dinner where everyone was drinking like fish, it I told my friend who iwas staying with that I no long drink and offered to driver her car home with us both in, afterwards - she accepted. However she did offer me a drink when I returned to her house - so I just said, I'll have a cup of tea please, and I think she got the message!

The last night was the hardest. I just told people I don't drink any more, no one asked me why but they did seem a little surprised / disapointed however they didn't pressure me. Check out my story in the story section. I update it every month on how I'm finding things as the months tick by.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Sausage off to look at ur story now x
                          Stella

Comment

Newbies Nest

akaMonique;1350377 wrote: Hi everyone,

I got back last Saturday the 7th from a 10-day, 2700-mile, 7 state road trip - all alcohol free. It was great and as usually happens on the road, full of little epiphanies and insights.

Didn't have much time along the way to be online so will be checking in daily now to get caught up on everyone's trials, tribulations, and successes.

Today is day 69 for me. Now that I'm not hanging on by my fingernails, I'm working with my counselor on a 12-step inspired program and revisiting how to fill that void left without the alcohol.

Best wishes to everyone and hope we all have a great week.
                            Monique!!
                            That is so great 7 states. Which ones? Need to live vicariously theses days! And of course the 69 days is magnificent. SO PROUD AND INSPIRATIONAL.

I have 2 more days to 30 - 48 hours....

Congratualtions on an AF Vacation And having a good time as well! :H
                            :h:l
                            On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                            *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Everyone, Back after 40 days a/f and then I crashed. Hope u all achieve your goal this Monday. I am off to work,so will post again later today Good luck all!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, day four is coming to a close, and I'm feeling better and better. I had a couple of urges to go to the bar, but I didn't. I even drove by it a couple of times on my way to the store and get gas. I saw all the cars in the parking lot and wondered who was there. But I already know who's there. The same crowd is there every day - drinking, chatting, gossiping, spending money, and getting their buzz on. I'm sure someone may have even asked about me....

Comment

Working...
                                X