Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Dest....I agree with the rest...the only time you lose is when you fade off into the drinking sunset. Coming back here and owning up to it is big. You know, my quit date is the 20th...this is a great day to start.. If I hadn't done the same thing as you I wouldn't offer any comments.....but at some point, your quit will stick...and so it will begin that you reclaim what AL has taken away. I know you can do this.

Lola...it took a lot of time to gain my confidence about social situations...as you know when I texted you when I had a company conference that first time! The first little while was rough, but after that you just blend in. After the start of the event, and others are drinking...it gets so much easier because you are glad you aren't one of them...you see where this is going and it's not good. You can understand that one glass of ____ isn't going to do anything for us. (except a bee-line to hell). But here is the good news...after about the year mark...you don't dread these things anymore...you CAN enjoy the people and be funny and socialize without AL!! Hells Bells, I act drunk and it's fun! (I remember what I say!) Once the others get loud and obnoxious it's easy to do!! Remember....no matter what and no matter who!!

It's scary sometimes...I think that sometimes I will be tricked into drinking...like someone will hand me something and tell me it doesn't have AL in it...and then it does. What a bitch that'd be. I shouldn't worry about things like that....but I also don't eat seafood of any kind, and people have tricked me with that!!!
    (try this, you'll like it.....then they say, you'll never believe there's lobster in it!!) UGG.

So glad to see everyone!!! What a community we have....we will all get there...AL is the damnest opponent I've ever come up against. It tells you things are great when they are dismal, tells you something is good and it couldn't be worse...tells you one won't hurt when it's the path to hell....tells you that nobody will know and they will. One drink feeds it and keeps it alive......no matter how long its been. Stay strong nesters....I'm so glad to be here with you all. Thank you for keeping me sober. Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Mama!!! Shout outs to you! So glad to see you in the nest! Stay strong...t
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Notor- Tears came to my eyes as I read your response to my concerns, :thanks: My sister who drinks alot will be there, she has not spoken to me since the beginning of March. She accused me of drinking, the pot calling the kettle black. I had been out with a friend and has a few glasses, they hit me like a ton of bricks, but it was the principle of the situation that upset me, and I blasted her. If we live in glass houses, we should not throw stones. So I have a few crosses to bear this weekend. I really do want to see my brother, he feels he will not be here for very long. His surgeon told him, if he is planning a long vacation, do it soon. Again my heart is so warmed by your kind words:h

Arri-Sorry you are back to Day 1, but I do believe you can and will do it. For me I guess I have to face my :devil: True I can knock that Little Red Shit off my shoulder, he can send in the big guns, they are bigger and more frightening. I must remember why I started down the Sobriety Path, and that is for my Children and Grandchildren. If the truth be known it is also for my Mother who has been passed for 5 years, even though Mom is not here phyically, she is in my thoughts daily.

Momma-I hope when I post at the end of the weekend or Monday A.M. I can proudly say I am still celebrating my Day 21. I want that hat from Brydie

Pooks- I am also worried about the coming up weekend. So lets get together and scream at the top of our lungs "HELL NO" I will not fall. Oh by the :welcome: back

Blu- Good for you getting through Day 1, it is a difficult one. Keep going

Buffy- I am with you "I love my Sobriety more than Alcohol" Day one is always a difficult one to get through, but I think with your frame of mind you can do it. Goodluck on this roller coaster journey

Dest- I am so sorry you have been through Hell and back. I am sending you a huge syber hug

Kradle said it perfectly. You only tripped, it is a step back, but you know you can do this. We are all here at the nest:hug: from all of us

Stressed-:welcome:- I was also afraid, for I had pain under my ribcage also. However when I spent 2 weeks in the hospital in March, I was checked. My heart, kidneys and liver are good, surprising considering how and why I ended up in the Hospital. Not too sure how long you have been battling AL, but I have been for over 5 years, and have been drinking for probably 30. So if God was able to see fit that I am healthy, maybe once you find the Dr you wish to find, things will work for you. Be positive. I do not live in the States, so I have no idea how to look for any specific type of medical advise. Wish you well. Look forward to all the positive posts you will share

Lolab- I too have a stressful weekend ahead of me. Mind you that is if someone will come and get me. I have no way to travel 4 hours to the North. So depending if I make it there. I believe you can do this wedding, I have faith in you, you have been one of my rocks in the nest.
        Goal
        I am starting over as of Sept 6
        SHIT this is so stupid (I hate AL)

AF since June 30, 2012
        be AF for 7 days yea done:yay::yay:
        be AF for 21 days July 21, 2012 boy I did it
        be AF for 30 Days July 30, 2012 I have done it:thanks: to all the nesters
        Now to be AF for 60 days Aug 29---blew it
        Work to be AF for 90 days Sept 28---blew it

I have been AF for 1 month Oct, 2011
        I have been AF before for 3 months Mar 16, 2011-July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lolab- I do not know how to spell, I meant to say you have been one of my rocks here in the nest
          Goal

AF since June 30, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone!

Destiney, sorry you had a rough time, but like everyone else has said, don't let it derail you, just get up, dust yourself off and start over. I know I've had my fair share of Day 1's, but like Byrdie said, eventually it will "stick". You know what to do, and you CAN do it...we're here for you!

Mama - Good to see you dropping by the Nest...stick around and bless us with your presence!

FD - You sound so good...I'm so proud of how far you've come! I know you're really enjoying life, and you should...keep it up my friend :l

I'm glad to see the feathers have settled in the Nest. We're human, so stuff like that happens. The important thing is that we're all still here, and helping each other. With the weekend approaching, I know it becomes challenging for some. Just remember, Friday and Saturdays are just DAYS, not a pass to drink. A craving never lasts as long as a hangover, and nobody ever woke up in the morning thinking "I wish I'd got drunk last night". There....all of my sayings in a nutshell. LOL

Hope you all have a great day...stay strong and enjoy a sober weekend!

I have a special prayer going up for all those people in Colorado....how sad. We should be thankful for each day we are alive.

Love,
            K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9, you are so right, we should say a special prayer for all those lives lost and families left behind. I know I am so very thankful for each day I wake and breath.

Well no dilema this weekend, have no way, unfortunately I will not see my brothers. I spoke with my one brother who has the "Affliction" as he calls it. Told him I would miss him and sorry about not having a way there. In my own little world there is a small sigh of relief, but my heart weighs heavy at missing it. So nesters enjoy a AF weekend and will touch base at a later time.

Litre2
              Goal

AF since June 30, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone

Woke up late. We need a thunderstorm smilies because it boomed big time here all night. Usually I love these storms but this time it really upset me... The Thunder cracks were heart stopping and sounded so close.

K9 reading all your posts and wishing I could hang out in you living room so your daughter could babysit the twins and we could have girl time. I too am happy the nest seems settled again.

Mama wondered where you went and glad you are back. Missed you. Saw your Colorado post And I am utterly sick. I can't go there in my head sending one of my babies to a movie and ending up.... :no::

Litre I wish i could send you a limo to see your brother. Your sisters...well
                I don't talk to my sisters anymore and 2 were of my choice and the other ( the oldest) disowned us years ago. She stopped speaking to me after her third husband called me to say she was leaving him after she threw all his clothes out the window in large green plastic garbage bags...mmmmmm. I mentioned to him that she might have a slight drinking problem (bottle plus of wine per night) and she never spoke to me again. Well...pot calling the kettle definitely .

Destiniey: PM'd you my friend. Thinking of you over here in the rain again. You know North Corolina has a lot of civil war history. I am making friends with a very cool woman whose daughter is in Matt's music class and her ancestory hails back to your neck of the woods and Sherman's March and even one of her relatives writing President Lincoln telling him He had had enough and wanted out!! Sound familiar?? :h

Well, I'm going to go hug my children now. This atrocity in Colorado has really unnerved me. Need to go chant and settle done,

Hugs to everyone for a wonderful Friday with at least one adventure
                :l
                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

i am new here and still trying to find my way around,anybody any tips as i would love to talk and get some help to stay sober 27/02/09

Hi everyone I wrote that post in my first week here,although I had been just over a month AF before I had the courage to post anything ??

By posting and reading and posting on MWO, It helped me so much in my fight against this monster and continues to do so, Never give up trying Never quit quitting and remember nothing changes if nothing changes,Lets all move forward together as shown by many here this can and will be beaten.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Newbies Nest

A craving never lasts as long as a hangover This will be my mantra this first weekend of sobriety - I love it!!

Jumping in the nest on Day 5 and chasing my cravings away with thoughts of a wonderful, clear headed future. I don't drink alcohol. period.

I am so very grateful for those who have lots of sober time who still come on the site, you are not only inspiring but are really helping us newbies and not so newbie newbies ( I quit before for 5 years and have had a 6 year relapse!!
                    new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well guys ive screwed up again on my 2nd day....my self control is bollocks Hubby wanted me to get him beer, he barely drinks as hes a semi pro mma fighter and works crazy hours so is totally allowed to chill with a few ob i go get and buy myself some vino!! yay!! first test and failed! I really look at myself and think " You are a total dick!"

Comment

Newbies Nest

"A craving never lasts as long as a hangover, and nobody ever woke up in the morning thinking "I wish I'd got drunk last night".

Definitely my mantra this weekend also.

Thx K9

Comment

Newbies Nest

Arrii;1352605 wrote: Well guys ive screwed up again on my 2nd day....my self control is bollocks Hubby wanted me to get him beer, he barely drinks as hes a semi pro mma fighter and works crazy hours so is totally allowed to chill with a few ob i go get and buy myself some vino!! yay!! first test and failed! I really look at myself and think " You are a total dick!"
                          You're still posting and still counting up sober days, Arrii.

Sounds like you have a lot of self control to me...

:l

PS: Please tell your husband you can't get him drinks anymore... At least for awhile.
                          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

No wifie im sitting here pissed argg

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ditto here... I am pissed at myself for too much wine last night and I think hubbie is pissed too... Different day same story.... Nothing changes if we don't change right?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Arrii,

Hang in there, it will get easier, I promise. I agree that you probably shouldn't be the one fetching drinks for a while. It's hard enough without throwing obstacles in the way.

Resrch, are you doing okay? What happened?
                                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X