Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Just being dumb again... I drank wine every night this week... Sunday had two small drinks by our pool which did not lead to more. I don't know about the rest of you but if its wine....all bets are off. I can't stop. Not sure if it is the sugar buzz or what. If I drink anything else I am A ok... Is that weird or am I WEIRD!!! Thanks for the support K9. I read a post earlier about how you were in such despair over disappointing your daughter and I feel that way today about disappointing my hubbie.... Wine truly does suck. But yes I am ok... just mowed the grass and I ate a decent lunch but I need to face the hubbie when he walks in the door tonight.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Those days of disappointing my daughter are still fresh in my mind, even though it's been MONTHS. But you know what? She got over it, and so will your hubbie...especially if your actions from this point forward prove that you mean business. I can talk honestly about my drinking to my daughter now, because it's in the PAST. In fact, Wednesday night I was giving my dog a haircut, and my daughter and I were reminiscing about the last "grooming" session we had while I was drunk. The cocker spaniel freaked out, we cut his skin, then he bit her....oy, the fiasco turned into a bloody, crying mess! So the other night we were saying how much better this haircut was going...and nobody ended up hurt or crying! When you get past it, you can be honest about it, without much shame even. Keep trying. Be honest with your hubby and ask for help when you need it. It will get better in time.
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks.... those are reassuring words! I have three dogs but thankfully haven't tried grooming them drunk. LOL not to the dog's of course. Have a wonderful sober weekend!!! Thanks again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yeah, I don't recommend grooming a dog under the influence! LOL (Would that be a GUI?) I used to get randomly energized to do the weirdest things drunk, like rake the front lawn in the rain wearing my torn up pajamas. I'm sure my neighbors don't miss my drunken antics. But I think the guy at the liquor store might miss my visits, I think I inadvertently mooned him a few times!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lol u crack me up girl!

Comment

Newbies Nest

My hubs has forgiven me so many times research.........yours will too
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Mama... I am sure he will but I still feel like a dumbbutt!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Waves of craves.

Went to the store today after work to pick up some non-alcoholic brews...searched the entire beer section and couldn't find any. I asked a clerk and they said they didn't carry it. I almost almost almost broke down and bought some beer....nearly cried the drive home. I'm pulling my hair out here at home now. Also just got invited to poker night with the guys SO TEMPTING. If i go i'm sure I will drink, but I dont want to just sit around the house alone banging my head on the wall... It's only day 2 What do I do???

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bluburd -
                    Do you have a good book you can read? Rent a movie? Take a long walk followed by a nice long bubble bath? If you can re-direct your thinking right now you will get through the night. Do you have any sparkling water you can mix with some fruit juice? Don't let yourself get too hungry either. You can do this...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Unfortunately i'm in the middle of a severe thunderstorm. Feels like fitting weather for my mood. I think i will just watch the lightning for a bit. I do have a good book for later, i just really was looking forward to showing off my non-alcoholic beer at the poker game. I've never been a fruity drink type so I think I will just make some tea.
                      Thanks for the quick reply. The reassurance helps a lot.

Comment

Newbies Nest

BB, if all else fails, just go to bed early. Maybe you can google where to get some NA beer tomorrow to have on hand...so you won't find yourself searching in the store for it, and then saying what the hell...try to have a plan in place so that Dick Head (Addiction Head) won't be telling you what to do. Just get yourself to day 3 and you will be so glad you did. Eating something...keep yourself full and that will help a lot. So proud of you! B
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kradle-Thanks, would love that limo, but my youngest brother has offer to come and get me, it is an hours drive here, and then to back track and then the 3 hour drive after. I am pretty confident I will not drink, I have told my youngest brother I have quit, and he agrees it will be tense, for there will be alot of elbow bending. I am not going to blow that hat from Byrdie only 11 more days. Actually what is 11 days when I have already gone 20.
                          As far as my sister, I can avoid her. She refused to speak to me years ago, even refused to work around my new job at Christmas time, so I could not see my family for that year. It took her and my brother-in-law losing their house to a fire, Friday 13th 6 or 7 years ago before she let her anger go. To this day I do not know what bee was up her but. This time I know, so here we talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Well this time I am not black, perhaps a tad on the grey side, lol oh well.

Mario- good to see you again, I remember you from before when I tried to quit 3 years ago. Good to see you again

Mytime-Hello, seeing how so many people go AF for such a long period and then trip up, I have come to realize it takes us longer each time we try to get back to the point where we can stop drinking again. This is why I have such a strong will not to be tempted. I pray, I can manage to keep my word this weekend.

Arrii-I am in no place to offer advice, but next time ask your husband to get it himself and remind him, you do not need the temptation. Kradle feels the same way. I can only imagine how difficult it would be.

Research- We all reach our end of rope, then we decide to quit. After that is is sheer willpower and stubborness that keeps us going. Wish you well, I am sure Hubby will be forgiving and supportive. I also believe you can do this.

K9- I am sure the guy at the liquor store misses the money you dropped as well as your drawers. Sorry I could not resist the pun about your mooning. LOL, as I forgiven pleeeaase

Blu- I can see your frustration. I wish you well on your decision. Myself I spend alot of time by myself. When I first quit, my best friend was a good book or a movie just as K9 mentioned. Today I drink alot of water, once in while I will have a glass of tonic water. It does not remind me of drinking for when I did, I used to fill a glass without the gin, so to me it is the same. Again I wish you all the luck. Going to the poker game at this early stage is not the best move. If you do, keep your reserves up. Take care
                          I do not like thunderstorms, my dog hates them more, so please do not send them this way. I have a girlfriend in Idaho, not sure what part. Coming from a Canadian who is Geography challenged to me it all the same place. Sorry
                          Goal
                          I am starting over as of Sept 6
                          SHIT this is so stupid (I hate AL)

AF since June 30, 2012
                          be AF for 7 days yea done:yay::yay:
                          be AF for 21 days July 21, 2012 boy I did it
                          be AF for 30 Days July 30, 2012 I have done it:thanks: to all the nesters
                          Now to be AF for 60 days Aug 29---blew it
                          Work to be AF for 90 days Sept 28---blew it

I have been AF for 1 month Oct, 2011
                          I have been AF before for 3 months Mar 16, 2011-July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kradle123;1352092 wrote: BB:
                            Congrats on your hat!! :wave:
                            I'm at 32 and you're at 33... Or is it 33 and 34??
                            Wow, loosing count already.
                            Well we're practically twins. Emjoy your day, sweetie. So happy to see you here in the Nest!!

:l
                            Kradle: The nice thing now is I am not counting. It is a Friday night and I did think about wine a few times but the longer I go without, the less I think (obsess!) about it. Good couple of days but I am still wary of the monster! Congrats to you too. You have had some really rough stuff and kept it dry. Great job. :goodjob:
                            Butterbean

Start date: Sunday June 17, 2012
                            30 days AF, DONE!
                            Next goal, stay dry!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Destiniey;1352312 wrote: Wow....it is so upseting to see my peeps all in a feather!!!!!!!
                              My friggin god.......I have been through hell these past 2 days.....I managed to get to 17 days and i FUCKED up royally......seriously....no joke.....I had to stay with my mom and dad!
                              Hang in there, when you fall you are still falling FORWARD. Keep trying. We are all listening and we are always here to pick you back up.:l
                              Butterbean

30 days AF, DONE!
                              Next goal, stay dry!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stressd;1352347 wrote: Hi all,
                                I thought I would join the nest as well. I had 9 days AF then date night with hubby and now I am on day 2 (again). Hate the al beast! I had 3 fairly large glasses of wine and was completely hungover the next day! I really fear the damage to my liver- i am on the thinner side, and can feel it under my ribcage- feels like it's protruding. Uggghhh! I need to go get checked but am scared! I have to remain anonnymous and am part of the medical industry so I want to find a doctor who specializes in treating alcoholics. I googled it but nothing comes up;-( any ideas? Thanks!!!
                                Stressd, Maybe check with AA. I know there are organizations out there specifically for nurses and medical folks. I have heard of them over the years. Good luck and keep checking in here. There is no judgement, just other proud Newbies that you are here and working on it. :h

BB
                                Butterbean

30 days AF, DONE!
                                Next goal, stay dry!

Comment

Working...
                                X