Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

hello...just letting dinner marinate a bit...:-)

For everyone in those early days - hang tight...and don't let those thoughts take over. I know if I leave the room to get something I usually can't remember what it was I was after! So, try leaving the room if a random drinking thought hits you in the face...pick up some laundry to fold - make a phone call (unless phone calls and laundry make you want to drink - LOL - are you out there Jane?)...hop on the internet...pull some weeds - give yourself 15 minutes - I don't know why those feelings in the beginning can strike with such urgency - but I do know that's what makes it so hard! So distraction can work so well early on! We're all pulling for you.
    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

Been really hectic lately and not been posting much.

I'm now at 5 months AF and I've updated my story again in the story section. Do take a look if you are in the early stages of sobriety as I've tried to explain my thought processes as I travel on this AF journey.

Sausage x
      Day 153 AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Doing another quick check in at the end of the day.

I was at a family dinner on Saturday and everyone was drinking this really expensive wine. They just kept passing it around, and smelling it and sipping it like it was just so incredibly unbelievable. At one point I had a glass stuck under my nose...'Here, try it'....I simply said "No thanks, I don't drink alcohol"...the person offering it said "Good Girl! I shouldn't either". I felt so good just being honest. This same person got rather tipsy and her husband had to cut her off.

Earlier that day I had taken my beloved little mutt to the vet. $489 later, I think she may be on the mend. That would have been enough in the past to send me straight to the liquor store.

Sunday was another huge luncheon with the wine flowing again. Made it through without a second glance. I mention this because I want those new or struggling to know that this really DOES get easier!
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

good job K9!!!
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

SAUSAGE;1354829 wrote: Hi Nesters,

Been really hectic lately and not been posting much.

I'm now at 5 months AF and I've updated my story again in the story section. Do take a look if you are in the early stages of sobriety as I've tried to explain my thought processes as I travel on this AF journey.

Sausage x
            Day 153 AF
            Hi Sausage,
            I am on my early sobriety, so going to see your post now!
            Keep it up and be inspiring to us Sausage.
            Dix
            A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone:

Checking in. Well done K9. Interesting come back from the gal who offered you a glass.

Dixon, just posted on your other thread...hope it helped a little? :h

Dest: So glad you are back and thank you for the PM. Will answer soon.

Really tired and pissed at myself for starting that thread. Just want to sleep now, and eat ice cream.

Wishing everyone a great evening, Sun is still shining.

Hugs,

:l
              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

rooniferd;1354655 wrote: So true, DB. What a waste of a life. And you made a good point - it's not just the drinking part that's wasteful. It's all the recovery time that goes along with it. Day after day after day. Life just passes you by as you sit there and plan on getting your life together tomorrow, and then tomorrow comes, and you do it all over again. Next thing you know, years have passed you by.....it's really time to stop this madness.

Let's do this!

I am ready to have my fellow nesters be proud of me. I want to get well so I can be in a position to help others. Right now, I can't even help myself. That's why I'm going to the doctor tomorrow morning. I've lost all faith in myself.
                Rooni, I know I'm a stranger to you, but I am proud of you for having the COURAGE to come here. It is not easy to admit we need help...it takes a lot of guts. You've taken that first step. Be proud of yourself!! :l
                ITGeekChick

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gdog: Hang in there...you can do this!

K9: I hope your head is feeling better. I get migraines about once every couple of years, and they are miserable.

Sausage
                  : Congrats on 5 months AF! You are an inspiration! :goodjob:
                  ITGeekChick

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone. Wow, it's hard to keep up on this thread. But I'll try!
                    K9, hope your migraines go away soon! And your response to that dinner wine offer was inspiring.
                    Sausage, congrats on 5 months!! I'll have to go check out your story.
                    Everyone else, hello and keep rockin'...or something. I'm in a weird mood :-p.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone! Sorry to hear about the migranes K9 but wow...what a test you passed :goodjob: Just catching up with everyone in the nest! Hope you are all having a great evening. Had my only day off from today and went out fishing. Wow what a great day and a great day sober! Take care nesters!
                      Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's time to wake up my peeps!!!!!! I put the coffee on and set up the breakfast buffet on the side of the nest so rise and shine and come join me! Ha!
                        AB Club Member
                        AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starting Day 3! Feeling good. Gotta get to work. TTyl.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning DB! Day 3 for me too! Good luck today!!!!!!
                            AB Club Member
                            AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

So Good Morning fellow nesters, today is 26 Days AF. It is a rainy, stormy yukky day. Heard on the radio, our convenience stores want to start selling AL. If I had my say, it would be no, we have enough access as it is. I do not think Ontario, needs this. I do not think it is my new AF self talking, for the liquor store near me is not open on Sundays, and is only open from 10-6 p.m. Oh well that is my beef for the day.

Rooni-Happy Belated Birthday. I am sorry you are feeling so crappy. Wish you well at the Dr.

Banana-Sounds like you have a true friend. As Byrdie said, grab a twig and hang on. This journey is not an easy one. It is full of hopes, disappointments and sucessess. Most of all, we are not alone. We can do this and live AF.

DW-The pain will ease. I also wanted to end the pain. Compliments of anti-depressants, I almost did. Now 4 months later free of medication and 26 Days free of AL, I am thankful for every breath I take. The pain eased some time ago, yours will also. So we will look forward to your post today that it is Day 3 for you. You can and will achieve your goal.

GDog-I agree change is hard. We actually are doing two things when we quit drinking. One is stopping the habit, the second is cleaning out the AL from our system. They are both very difficult things to do, but can be done. Good for you on Day 3

K9- So sorry about your migrane, never had one thank God. I agree about living AF gets easier. I know is am still in the early stages of my sobriety, but as you, I felt no pressure to drink last weekend. It was made very easy, and few knew I was not drinking.

Dest- I take my coffee strong and black, be there in spirit, so put a mug aside with my name on it. Enjoy your day

So all my friends in the nest have an enjoyable AF day.
                              Goal
                              I am starting over as of Sept 6
                              SHIT this is so stupid (I hate AL)

AF since June 30, 2012
                              be AF for 7 days yea done:yay::yay:
                              be AF for 21 days July 21, 2012 boy I did it
                              be AF for 30 Days July 30, 2012 I have done it:thanks: to all the nesters
                              Now to be AF for 60 days Aug 29---blew it
                              Work to be AF for 90 days Sept 28---blew it

I have been AF for 1 month Oct, 2011
                              I have been AF before for 3 months Mar 16, 2011-July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

:goodjob:I also want to say on Day3 for both Dogwood and Dest:l
                                Goal
                                I am starting over as of Sept 6
                                SHIT this is so stupid (I hate AL)

AF since June 30, 2012
                                be AF for 7 days yea done:yay::yay:
                                be AF for 21 days July 21, 2012 boy I did it
                                be AF for 30 Days July 30, 2012 I have done it:thanks: to all the nesters
                                Now to be AF for 60 days Aug 29---blew it
                                Work to be AF for 90 days Sept 28---blew it

I have been AF for 1 month Oct, 2011
                                I have been AF before for 3 months Mar 16, 2011-July 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X