Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey K9!! Thats brilliant news!! Thats a lot of people who went for the job!!!!! I'll keep everything crossed that you get your job mate!!
    AF Since 26 July 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm in the middle of Day 4! WooHoo! My computer was crazy this morning so I couldn't post or check on everyone. I woke up clear minded, and rested. Something I don't feel very often and haven't felt in awhile. I had to go to bed early last night to hush the battle in my head, but I figure I can use some extra recovery sleep.

Mum...It is a horrible merry go round and I know you want off.
      Rooni...Hope you are feeling stronger today.
      Litre...WAY TO GO!
      Byrdlady...Your time, wisdom, and willingness to share with all us Newbies is invaluable! Thank you so much

Gotta get to work, so here's wishing us all a wonderfully blessed sober day! TTYL!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all I made my 4 days. Feel really happy about that. Next week I start a 31 day stint. Thanks for encouragement from so many. I am looking forward to getting that hat btw. Everyone have a great day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all. Day 4 here for me too.

Mum of 4 I am very tired this morning. When I quit for 4 months earlier this year I remember being tired for almost the whole first month. I think it has to do with getting al out of the body, poor nights sleep, etc. Last time I also experience breakouts (I am 53) and bloating in the first month. It took a good two months it seemed for my body to even out but was so worth it. Later I had people at work saying I don't know what you are doing but you look so good. That made me feel good but then I threw it all away and here I am again. What I loved the most was no glassy eyes in the morning but then again I had them everyday so they just probably thought that was how my eyes were.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gdog--Good for you! and let's hang in there!
            Clear Eyes-- I know what you mean about being tired. That's why I think going to bed early to fight off the urge is a good thing. I always worried about my eyes. They looked soooooo bad, but like you, they looked bad every day so maybe nobody thought anything.

Sober today! Yippee!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Clear Eyes,

I have heard that after not drinking for a while you do tend to look so much better with your skin and over all look!! Looking forward to that!!! I know that after I have had a few i look really strange....hard to explain but very pale, blotchy, the eyes look weird, just horrible tbh!! Oh god my eyes yesterday were red, I was just disgusted! Not a good look at all!! It does affect your confidence, I would love to not be worried anymore about that also!!
              Thanks for letting me know about the tiredness as I really wasn't sure at all if it was a side effect or not plus I feel a bit out of sorts like I just cannot deal with other people this now, which isn't me at all. But, its all temporary hey and after it can only be so much better x
              AF Since 26 July 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh no my friend has just come back from spain and bought me a bottle of absenth!!! Well I haven't spoken to her about my "issues"...hmmm once she gives it to me I'll need to give it away asap or something or that could end up in a messy situation I'm just not willing to put myself in!
                AF Since 26 July 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Maybe it would be better if you wait till after the weekend to accept it and pass it on????

Comment

Newbies Nest

I had flu like symptoms the first 2 weeks of detoxing...achy and exhausted... I have heard many others say they were very tired and still others having trouble sleeping. B
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just starting out

I have been searching and searching for a way to stop this horrific cycle that I have been on for most of this summer after hitting bottom in June. The posts here in the Newbie Nest are so inspiring that I feel like I might be able to do this this time, and it was an amazing comfort to see "my story" told by so many other people. Until now I really felt alone.

Book and CDs ordered... here we go....

:new:
                      "Feel the fear... move through it... do it anyway."
                      Jillian Michaels

Comment

Newbies Nest

Marieth, welcome to the nest! We are so glad you found us...as many of us will tell you, it's this very thread that gave us our lives back thru sobriety!! I always recommend reading back a couple weeks to get to know us, but I think you said you have been following. Yes, our stories are repeated over and over and over here, aren't they? From all walks of life to every corner of the globe...we thought we had a handle on drinking but for whatever reason, we landed in the ditch. Tell us about yourself...you will find that 'getting it out' and actually seeing the words written will help a lot. We have folks in every stage of the journey too, so you are FAR from alone. The first 3 days are the most challenging, so here's your butt velcro! When you feel overwhelmed, come back and read...someone is always around. Don't give in no matter what or no matter who!! Stay the course, you'll be so glad you did...we are so happy to have you....Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Marieth Welcome!!
                          Im new also, and everyone has been full of really good advice and made me feel really welcome!!
                          It really is an inspiring place, and has made me feel really positive about sorting myself out!! One thing is your not alone now!!
                          AF Since 26 July 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

oh and dogwood, i wont see my friend till the end of next week, so im hoping by then i'll have passed my first week. Im not wanting it in my house besides the fact its a crazy drink, that i've never touched before, I just can't deal with waking up in the state I did yesterday morning again!! x
                            AF Since 26 July 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Marieth.... welcome! Like Byrdlady told you, there is someone in the nest at every level of sobriety. Some of us back again, once or more times. Hang on. Hanging out here I feel like I am at least learning and getting a grip and I know somebody on here can relate to anything I'm feeling.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters! I see soo many new people! A big warm welcome to all the newbies and big shout out to the regulars. It always seems like there is alot of questions regarding what it's like during the early days. So if I may give a little insight I hope this will help are new wonderful people to this thread. Number one thing is your sleep basically goes into to upheaval mode. It's nothing to panic over but it's the brain realigning it's self back to a normal cycle. You will crave sugar. And I mean really crave it. Alcohol is based on sugar and if you have been drinking for a long stretch of time. You won't be able to get enough of sweets. You will more than likely have dreams about drinking. It's normal and I believe it's part of the healing process. I can't over state the fact you won't sleep well for a few weeks without sleep aids. If I can state this. Don't take sleeping pills after the first few days. You don't need to have another addicition to cope with. The things that have helped me. EXERCISE!! Walk jog run...just get some time outside and get that fresh air into you. It will help with sleep immensely. Read books!! Nothing takes the mind away from the early mind games AL plays than reading a book. Set goals for yourself. When I set goals for myself I found myself being more determined to stay AL free. And when I could check off a goal it drove into me a reward for being AL free. Stay focused! This is the most important factor. During the first month your mind is going to play tricks on you. It's part of addiction. It's wants us back into it's arms and we need to stay focused on our goals. It can be done. My last suggestion is see a doctor and be honest about what your going threw. If you need to be on a medication to help you with anxiety or depression the first year DO IT! Anxiety and depression are very normal feelings the first year. But having talked to many people with years of sobriety the number one thing I can say is this. It will all get soo much better over time. Your sleep will go back to normal and your over all health mentally and physically will improve as well. Hope this helped some one and I am very happy to see all the new people here. I wish I could be around more but when I got sober my goals were to work harder and be dedicated to school. But I am also finding me being dedicated to the Nest helps me stay sober! Hope everyone is doing good and I am always a PM away if anyone needs help or support. :h
                                Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Working...
                                X