Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

oh, K9, big big hug from me.

It is dreadful parting with the little balls of fur that love us unconditionally. At least you were able to be with him until the very end.

I had to give my dog away last month (after he bit my neighbor's kid) - nevertheless, saying good bye was soooo hard. I really :h:l:hfeel for you.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9...I feel your deep pain! I just lost my precious Basset Hound of 13 years. Similarly, I saw he was going and I made us a pallet and laid with him and talked with him until he was gone. I Love our little 4-legged, furries so much. I know it had to be painful for you. I will be thinking of you often today.

Comment

Newbies Nest

oh K9, that just breaks my heart...Charlie was beautiful...

Dogwood, I'm so sorry. What lucky babies to have such wonderful mama's...
        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

((hugs)) K9. I know the pain of losing a furry family member, they are precious.
          new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm so sorry K9. :upset:

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 - I am thinking about you....here's a little poem I found for you....

Death is Nothing At All

Death is nothing at all.
              I have only slipped away to the next room.
              I am I and you are you.
              Whatever we were to each other,
              That, we still are.

Call me by my old familiar name.
              Speak to me in the easy way
              which you always used.
              Put no difference into your tone.
              Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.

Laugh as we always laughed
              at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
              Play, smile, think of me. Pray for me.
              Let my name be ever the household word
              that it always was.
              Let it be spoken without effect.
              Without the trace of a shadow on it.

Life means all that it ever meant.
              It is the same that it ever was.
              There is absolute unbroken continuity.
              Why should I be out of mind
              because I am out of sight?

I am but waiting for you.
              For an interval.
              Somewhere. Very near.
              Just around the corner.

All is well.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you so much everybody. I'm glad I was able to comfort him in his last hours and minutes. Some of you might remember when I adopted him, I was so excited. We had almost 2 years together and I loved him so much. I hugged him every day and told him what a good boy he was. I'll miss you Charlie! :upset:

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1910929=6940-attachment.jpg[/img]
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Love that poem Rooni.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9, my heart is bleeding for you....there would have been no amount of time that would be enough notice to lose them. I am so sorry, but glad that you were there with him until he got into other loving arms. RIP. B
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9, :upset:we all know the pain of losing a furry member of our family. I lost my Reena of 12 years, I believe she had a massive stroke for she could not stand, and her eyes were darting back and forth so fast. We took to the vet, I was with her till the end. I remember walking into the room and her tail wagging. She was my best friend. I had such a hole in my heart I began to research adoption. I found my little American Spaniel in Hamilton Ontario. She came up from Ohio as a run away, and she was on a kill list. I have had her for 4 years now, which makes her about 6. As Byrdie said, there is no notice long enough to prepare us. The funny thing is I was to start a new job, and when I called crying my new Boss Lady hung up the phone crying for me. My prayers go out to you for Charlie.:h:l:h RIP
                      I hope you are alright, and have someone with you during this time.
                      Goal
                      I am starting over as of Sept 6
                      SHIT this is so stupid (I hate AL)

AF since June 30, 2012
                      be AF for 7 days yea done:yay::yay:
                      be AF for 21 days July 21, 2012 boy I did it
                      be AF for 30 Days July 30, 2012 I have done it:thanks: to all the nesters
                      Now to be AF for 60 days Aug 29---blew it
                      Work to be AF for 90 days Sept 28---blew it

I have been AF for 1 month Oct, 2011
                      I have been AF before for 3 months Mar 16, 2011-July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

So sorry for your loss K9. Your Charlie looks just like my cocker spaniel. Mine is 14 and going downhill. How old was Charlie? Our pets are the most wonderful companion as they are always there for us non-judgemental. May he RIP and you find peace that you were with him till the end.

Rooni- wonderful poem. Brought tears to my eyes.

Comment

Newbies Nest

bluburd;1357064 wrote: What really gets me is the snap from sober to no. it's like once the thought enters it takes over. I push it back push it back but it's no use. slightly dishearten. blah
                          Slightly disheartening ... such an understatement! To be so out of control. Whereas I'm sure in many other areas at many different times we've all been very much in control. To viscerally feel like your actions are being commanded by something outside of you yet so intrinsically inside. I've gone through countless days telling myself all day I wasn't going to stop anywhere on the way home and then - bam - there I am in the wine aisle at the grocery, or more likely, going through a drive-through; how convenient.

It's a nightmare. And it's a tough one to wake up from. But it does happen. And there are many paths to achieving it. It's finding the one that works for you. Good luck. Keep at it. And don't flagellate yourself too much.
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          "Indecision brings its own delays, and days are lost lamenting over lost days."
                          ~ from Goethe's Faust

:target: AF as of May 8, 2012
                          :target: Non-smoker as of Sept. 15, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1357150 wrote: My beloved Cocker Spaniel, Charlie, passed away at 3:30am on Sunday. I think he was having a series of little strokes. He lost control of his body and was unable to stand or walk. I held him for hours. I talked to him and sang to him. He took his last breath at 3:30am in my arms.

Sleep well, my sweet, sweet boy.
                            So sorry for your loss, K9 - what a beautiful, beautiful dog. He was lucky to have you. RIP Charlie.
                            ~ from Goethe's Faust

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, great post on having a plan for when the demonic voice wants to possess you. I really need to work on that more. So far I've been fortunate and it's only whispered a time or two these past 12 weeks and I've just breezed through but I know under more challenging circumstances - or some random Tuesday - it could resurface in full force. Thanks!
                              ~ from Goethe's Faust

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco, Litre nailed it, that “we all have many Day 1's, but eventually get it right. There is a way that works for all of us.” For myself, I’ve quit saying I’m done for good, even though I want to be done for good. It’s not that I’m trying to allow myself an out, it’s just that I’ve been there too many times. For people like us, there is no guarantee. Which is why we must be diligent and never take it for granted. Speaking from the perspective of someone who gave up 14 years of sobriety to have 2 drinks by myself (because I was celebrating something!) the absurd addiction can strike anytime. And that was about seven years ago. I now have 12 weeks AF. I would like the math to be different. But it is what it is.

Litre
                                – Congratulations on 30 days, and thanks for the positive feedback. It’s great to be able to recognize one’s own errors in thinking and act on them before they reach unmanageable and damaging proportions. I’m sorry Mr. Negative wasn’t there for you. I’m not sure I would have made it without, let’s see, I need to come up with a moniker for the boyfriend (really, a boyfriend at my age?) Can’t be Mr. Wonderful, that was my 2nd ex-husband. Hmmm. Have to think on that one.

Rooni
                                – good for you on Day 3 and getting a new practitioner who will hopefully be more versed in addiction therapy.

Have a great week everyone!
                                ~ from Goethe's Faust

Comment

Working...
                                X