Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone. Here i am back on day one. Dh is out of town, and i knew the risks. I had no plans at all. I feel terrible inside and out. I need to do this for me, for my kids. I so want to be the best mom. Not a drunk.

K9, so sorry about your dog. I am glad you were there for him.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nell -welcome back, and I love your attitude (I WILL NOT BE BEATEN)

Maurie-How did you find AA, I know I liked it and the people and would have continued had it been in my own home town/city. Congrats on being AF since July 28, and look forward to seeing more days racked up.:woot::woot:

Its my-Being home alone was always my trigger also. You have beat the demon, so yes you can do this.

Yoga-I was always told to make a plan, I am sure you are a great Mom, just keep a determined mind and go forward. We are all here to offer a helping hand and or a shoulder.

There are many I have not seen lately, how are you doing? The nest misses you all.
      Goal
      I am starting over as of Sept 6
      SHIT this is so stupid (I hate AL)

AF since June 30, 2012
      be AF for 7 days yea done:yay::yay:
      be AF for 21 days July 21, 2012 boy I did it
      be AF for 30 Days July 30, 2012 I have done it:thanks: to all the nesters
      Now to be AF for 60 days Aug 29---blew it
      Work to be AF for 90 days Sept 28---blew it

I have been AF for 1 month Oct, 2011
      I have been AF before for 3 months Mar 16, 2011-July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Litre, I like AA a lot, still not sure I will be able (or want ) to do the steps but for the time being it is giving me comfort and strength Congrats on 30 days!!
        Taking it ODAT

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Litre & Lilly! WooHoo! Enjoy your day! That is awesome!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lilly!!!! I have seen you on the other threads and missed you! But as long as you are AF, I don't worry!! It is with extreme pride, that I award you your 30 day hat!!!! :day5: This is big doings!!! Getting those first 30 days is a full time job....we are so proud of you!! Here's to a lifetime of kicking AL @$$! XXOO, Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Reading the posts in the last 12 hours, I am struck by 2 things. The choking grip that AL has and the way it strips away our HOPE. Things seems hopeLESS. Then look at the folks who have gone even one day without it, and things appear hopeFUL! Then the ones, such as Litre and Lilly with 30 days, and they are looking to the future with more hope and spendor than I've seen in either one of them in months and months! There is a lesson in here somewhere....for us, alcohol takes us down the rabbit hole to hell. Get yourself out of that hole, whatever it takes, start climbing out.

I hear the fear in peoples' posts, and I was scared, too. How can I give up this thing that I depend on so much??? How will I live without it? Here is the irony...you CAN live without it...you CAN'T live with it. All you have to do is read on this site a couple hours and you will see over and over again....what we should be fearing is continuing on the path we're on....it takes a leap of faith, but you can trust the folks here, it is worth it. When you can look back, then you can see we were absolutely killing ourselves, our relationships, our families and hope for the future. There is nothing to fear in going AF...it will be the best decision you have made in the past 25 years. I only wish I had done it sooner. Byrdie
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning peeps! I am just checking in quickly from my phone as I am heading to Fayettteville with my husband to help him with a job....oh joy! Ha! I am doing great on the AB...today is day 9 that I have been AF......yay! I will read back over the posts tonight when I get home. I hope everyone is doing great!!!
                AB Club Member
                AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dest!!! Here's your horn toot!!!! :yougo: (I couldn't find a horn toot without a hat and you have 21 more days to get that!!!) I am so proud of you!!! 9 days...DAM! Well done! B
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning! There are great things happening here! Newbies joining up ? and huge milestones being made. :goodjob:

Litre and Lily ? a giant congratulations to you both, give yourselves a pat on the back ? great job on listing the differences between then and now?and think about how your plan is going to work for the future. Be ready for complacency and that overly confident feeling that will definitely show itself at times?that ?oh, I can have a little here and there ? I?m not as bad as I thought I was?"

Finallydone,so glad to see you doing so well!

Hi Nellie, glad you?re back. You should visit the toolbox ? there are so many helpful ideas there for you to come up with a solid plan to stay alcohol free. We all know that the determination that you feel in the morning (or Tuesday morning) fades by the afternoon (or weekend) and the alcohol voice sweetly tells you that you?ll just take it ?easier? this weekend ? or that you weren?t as bad as you convinced yourself?https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html I think I told myself a hundred times that I'd get a bottle of vodka just so I could have a "little" here and there....only to wake up in the middle of the night - in a panic - thinking "I've done it again! I JUST CAN'T HAVE IT IN THE HOUSE!" only to buy another bottle.

Mauri, we joined around the same time and I have watched your story too, and I just can?t tell you how happy I am to see how well you?re doing. You have a definitely plan of attack and it makes a different doesn?t it?

K9 ? still thinking of you today?:h

Itsmytime, great job ? you made half of July! Imagine how great you will feel tackling the whole month of August?and then the whole 2nd half of 2012?

Hey, Kradle, yogamom, dogwood, Byrdie, Lav, oh wow, Pinecone a few pages back! , wicked, Monique, and all the others.

Cash, welcome ? hang tough ? those early days are HARD ? but life without AL is such an amazing change?.every second. See toolbox.

Bluburd, please remember that while you?re still drinking, there is an inescapable depression that will surround you. It?s the alcohol. I know, I?ve been there ? it makes everything look hopeless ? and for the first day or two of sobriety ? it?s the same ? then you deal with some anxiety ? but honest ? like Litre recently said ? I also had a glass by me 24-7. Even as I was drinking it, I knew it was continuing a cycle of despair ? but I couldn?t seem to stop. The key is SEEM. Alcohol was telling me I couldn?t stop. How do you break out of a haze long enough to see that you just have to escape for a short time in order to understand what was keeping you there in the first place? When I think back to those days ? less than a year ago, I literally see myself with a cloud like ?something? covering my entire life. It?s so strange?.but to SEE that it?s the alcohol that?s making you feel that way, you have to give yourself a little bit of time to see what you feel like without it. Check out the toolbox thread (link is above) to try to get a few AF days so that your world will look a little brighter?and please check back in...
                    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

oh hey Destiniey - awesome job - and way to be persistent in finding something that WORKS for you. :-)
                      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Comment

Newbies Nest

one other common theme Byrdie...

The only regret of those who quit some time ago??? That we didn't do it sooner.
                        ~

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings from my cube at work. Sure is nice not to be hungover in here. Being hungover in a cube is sooo incredibly awful. I hope I don't ever feel that way again.

My heart is weighing heavy for K9 today. I keep thinking about my sweet Sammie who I had to put down back in February. I had a SERIOUS bender after that. It lasted for days, and obviously I missed a lot of work. It was just awful. I know it would have still been awful without the drinking, but at least I would have had a clear head to think about the good times and cherish her sweet memory. K9 - keep strong. Do you have plans to rescue another furry one?

So I'm on Day 4. Tomorrow I see the doctor about getting the prescription of Antabuse. I want to be able to walk in there and tell her that I've gone AF for five days in preparation for the drug. I don't have any idea what to expect, but like I said, if she denies me, I will just find yet another doctor. Seems so silly to be worried that a doc might deny me Antabuse but that I could most certainly waltz in there and get some powerful mind-altering antidepressant or anti-anxiety drug with no problem at all.

Dest - keep me posted on your progress with Antabuse. You are my hero!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Lolab! There are good things on this thread! I have to get busy cause I'm posting from work, but I wanted to drop in & wish us all a great & sober day! Congrats to Lilly & Litre on 30 Days! Awesome!

Bluburd & Cash...grab on & hang with us. As the alcohol fog lifts, it will get better. Not easy, but better, and isn't better what we are here for?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1357723 wrote: Reading the posts in the last 12 hours, I am struck by 2 things. The choking grip that AL has and the way it strips away our HOPE. Things seems hopeLESS. Then look at the folks who have gone even one day without it, and things appear hopeFUL! Then the ones, such as Litre and Lilly with 30 days, and they are looking to the future with more hope and spendor than I've seen in either one of them in months and months! There is a lesson in here somewhere....for us, alcohol takes us down the rabbit hole to hell. Get yourself out of that hole, whatever it takes, start climbing out.

I hear the fear in peoples' posts, and I was scared, too. How can I give up this thing that I depend on so much??? How will I live without it? Here is the irony...you CAN live without it...you CAN'T live with it. All you have to do is read on this site a couple hours and you will see over and over again....what we should be fearing is continuing on the path we're on....it takes a leap of faith, but you can trust the folks here, it is worth it. When you can look back, then you can see we were absolutely killing ourselves, our relationships, our families and hope for the future. There is nothing to fear in going AF...it will be the best decision you have made in the past 25 years. I only wish I had done it sooner. Byrdie
                              I second everything you said in that post byrdie!!!
                              Taking it ODAT

Comment

Newbies Nest

OK...one more post for Rooni! Yay on Day 4! Hang tuff. I absolutely know the misery of being hung over in a cube. Trying to work and keep everyone around me from knowing just how horrible I feel. Saying to myself that I think I can make it until I get home & collapse in bed! Terrible way to live!

Comment

Working...
                                X