Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning K9....I am so glad to hear that you are feeling good today. Your daughter sounds like a hoot. My daughter is the same way...I often wonder when she went from being my innocent little girl to a mature 19 year old with her own thoughts and opinions......scary!!!!!!
    Happy August 1...love the idea of your little bumble bees....I use little dragonflies! Ha!
    AB Club Member
    AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Dest!
      I love my different stickers for my calendar. Sometimes though I think my stickers are too fancy, they're really for scrapbooking and stuff, but I don't scrapbook, so whatever. LOL Some are really nice with the fake bling all over them. They're pretty heavy too, my calendar will probably rip off the wall. hehe I feel like I should be using them for something else, but what's more important then my sober days right? Bring on the bling. LOL

Oh yes, my daughter definitely tells it like it is. Sometimes it's scary how much she is like me. Sometimes she's talking and it's like I'm listening to myself. Uh oh. HA!

Honey, I wouldn't worry about calories right now...just focus on staying AF and you'll find that you want to eat healthier. This coming from a person that had cheezits and a candy bar for lunch yesterday. On second thought, maybe I shouldn't give eating advice. But I did have a healthy dinner! lol Hang in there!
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I would also like to thank all for your congrats on Day 30. It is not easy, but when we put our mind in gear and are determined it can be done.
        Oddly enough, last nite I had alot of weird dreams. One I was in a family of mobsters, and they buried a guy in plastic and cement. I can still see his boot sticking out. Nasty. Next I was celebrating, not sure what, but I decided I would try a drink, knowing I had gone 30 days AF. It was a mixed drink, I did not see myself drink it, but told myself I really did not need to post anymore since I had the HAT. No one would know in the nest that I had one only one. So I guess that Little Red Shit is still trying to control me, even in my sleep.
        Maybe I feel bad about not telling my children the choice I have made, after all I have done it before. They all drink, not sure the amount, but when they party, they really party. I have been amrried twice, and both the fathers of my children drink alot. So does anyone in the nest know about dreams and their meanings.

Dest-Wow double digits, the whole nest is so proud of you

Rooni-I am sending the TOP of the Line POSITIVE VIBES, from SW Ontario. You are so right about the Medical profession perscribing mind altering drugs freely, and really make people who want to change a way of life that is destructive, work hard and be embarrassed to ask. I can tell you the fact that you have worked so hard to reach Day 4 on your own is so huge, the whole nest is so very proud of you

Mauri-Congrats on Day 4, onward full steam

Dog-Day 9, good work, those days really are hard work and soon you will look back from 30 Days and wear your hat proudly

K9-The hole left by Charlie's passing will be there for some time, I wish there was something we could do. Your other pouch will help.

Monique-Yea forgot about the glass outside the shower waiting with my name on it. Do not forget the one that is hidden in the cupboard in the bathroom when I had company. Boy did I use the washroom alot and not to mention how much mouthwash I went through. Aw the memories of my travel mug, notice I did not say (SWEET) memories. The one thing I did not do was drink at work, it was too easy to get caught.
        The fear and anxiety that hung over us during those days, months and years are now replaced with pride, contentment oh yes not to mention a few extra dollars in our bank account. I wish I could start another account. I was always afraid to figure out how much I had acually spent on AL, maybe it was embarrassement, and shame, probably all. Well now I can honestly say I spent at least if not over $500Canadian. Sad and true

Cash- Today is your Day5, your sleep will level out. In my early days it was Ice Water that quenched my cravings. I never did try water with lemon.

FD- Well said- I look forward to the day when I wake up and think WOW I know I do not need AL. My dream last nite told me there still is a struggle.

GDog- The one thing about racking up Day 1's, is it will take you through to Day 3 Day 7 and so forth. We all have numerous beginnings, the trip is rough. So hang on, you will get through this. It is quite clear you have not given up, so keep going.

Yoga-The first few days are hard, so difficult at times we repeat them alot till we get it right for us

Mick-I also love the pic. Years ago I saw a Snowy Owl, I had to stop my car and watch it. It sat on the wire and looked down at me, probably thinking, wow humans actually get out of thoses metal things. I had to blow the horn just to see it fly, it was one of the most magnicient things I had ever seen free and alive.

Byrdie- I love the nickname D5 triplets

Honey- you are joining a good group of Day 3's. Keeping busy is a good thing. Our thoughts and prayers are with you from the nest. As every one says, keep reading and posting. It is amazing how it helps each and everyone of us from Our Day 1 to well to years of sobriety.
        Goal
        I am starting over as of Sept 6
        SHIT this is so stupid (I hate AL)

AF since June 30, 2012
        be AF for 7 days yea done:yay::yay:
        be AF for 21 days July 21, 2012 boy I did it
        be AF for 30 Days July 30, 2012 I have done it:thanks: to all the nesters
        Now to be AF for 60 days Aug 29---blew it
        Work to be AF for 90 days Sept 28---blew it

I have been AF for 1 month Oct, 2011
        I have been AF before for 3 months Mar 16, 2011-July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Destiniey

I am 7/24 too but count today as day 9. I noticed yesterday we were off count. How are you counting so that it is day 10? I count -24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 1.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Clear....Omgod....I have NOOOOO idea how I scewed that up....my bad! Day 9 for me.....tomorrow will be double digits. Since I am on the AB I am not really counting because this isn't a 3, 14 or 30 day goal for me...it is my new life where AL isn't an option! Thanks for pointing the days out to me! LOL
            AB Club Member
            AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dest-
              No problem. I am glad that you are doing so good. I try to stay from the counting thing too but in the early days to 30 I do. We need to get that hat you know!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I know....I am determined to get that hat! Ha!
                AB Club Member
                AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Destiniey;1358469 wrote: I know....I am determined to get that hat! Ha!
                  Trying to sneak in some days, huh Dest??!!?? Hahahaha Just kidding!

I'll be getting my hat only four days after you, so we'll have to celebrate!:dancin:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I know.....wow....talk about cheating...my bad! LOL We will totally celebrate...I hear the coffee calling our name! Ha!
                    AB Club Member
                    AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Leave it to a bunch of alkies to start the party early!!! (I stole that from LolaB).
                      Everyone is going gangbusters! Success brings on success!! B
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I will trade you both my day one for your day 9 or 10.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh K9, I'm so sorry for your little Charlie. How awful, try to be at peace knowing he is loved so much. (BIG HUGS) to you!
                          Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Honeysoup, I'm so glad to see you posing D3!! You have some nestmates just a couple of days in front of you, so hopefully they will guide you and let you know what to expect and how to tell your head to shut the F up! That monkey head chatter is the worst!! Don't listen to those voices, listen to our voices!! You can do it!! B
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gdog;1358488 wrote: I will trade you both my day one for your day 9 or 10.
                              No trading required, GDog. You can have your very own days 9 and 10 - just get on that sober train, buckle up tight, and get ready for the ride. We're all here, waiting for you. You can do it. You know the routine, GD. The first couple of days kinda suck, but by day 3, the poison has almost left your body, and you start feeling normal again. Next thing you know, you're on day 4, day 5, etc. Just get through the first bit. Treat yourself well. Eat whatever you want. Buy yourself something. Just get some time behind you. It will be fine. If you weren't serious about this, you wouldn't be here. Think about it!!

What a difference a day makes! I just came back from the best doctor EVER. I told her my history of alcohol abuse, my gazillion attempts to quit, and my strong desire to get my life back. I explained all the reasons why I felt that Antabuse was the right choice for me at this time. If nothing else, it will allow me to string together more than five or six sober days at a time. It will give me time to start focusing on my recovery and stop the constant nagging about whether I should or should not drink. I won't have a choice, so the nagging would be pointless. Without a blink of an eye, she got out her prescription pad and wrote it out. She asked me to give some blood so they can check my liver enzymes. That was fine. I am ready to face the damage I've caused. I have to go back in three weeks for a check in.

I start the pills tomorrow, since my pharmacy had to order them. The beast tried to get me to have a drink to celebrate, but I didn't and I won't.

Let's get this show on the road, people!!

:yougo:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone

Well here I am on day 2. Even tipped half a bottle of white down the sink. Massive cravings for crap food so have indulged in choc chip cookies, sugar puffs and white toast with butter and jam. I don't feel the slighted guilty. Been here before and got the t shirt but I know it's different this time. I know I've got a massive challenge ahead of me this weekend with a hen do with my closest - sister and aunty. It will be massively obvious that I'm not drinking and I just don't know how to go about it. I'm normally completely honest with them and don't know whether to tell them the truth or not...
                                Gutt feeling is to be honest but I know they'll probably try and reassure me that I'm
                                Fine and can just 'cut down'. I know I can't and I now don't want to but need some advice on how to be honest and make it sound like a really positive I.e. don't try and change my mind when I'm weak... Babble babble - am sure you guys can offer top tips... I'm really into exercise and being healthy so was thinking I might go down this route... Thanks for listening x

1st goal: 100 days
                                2nd goal: 1 year
                                ultimate goal: forever

Comment

Working...
                                X