Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Destiniey;1358673 wrote: Hey FD.....vent away...that's what we are here for. Kudos for standing up to the boss. At least you gave him something to think about tonight and I am sure he has nothing but respect for you. Tomorrow will be a better day and I am sure they will think twice before having you do something you weren't planning on! Ha!

Kradle..so good to see you girl...I've missed you!

Daisy...I am the same way...I could never reduce my AL intake....it was all or nothing. Now that I am on the AB I feel like that was a lifetime ago!

Rooni....my Rooni!!!!! I know I already told you how happy I was for you on the phone today....but I will say it here too!!!!!! Yay for you!!!!!

Gdog....You are stronger than you think. Just the fact that you stay on here and keep posting is a huge step! You are not giving up and instead you are coming on here and being brutally honest with us and that will only help you in the long run!
    I can't wait...I can speak my mind.
    Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi just a quick drop in - day 5 fine except I woke up with really, really painful sinusitis so am in bed - and I SLEPT last night - passed out reading with book in hand says hubby - so that's marvelous. So far no cravings at all in 5 days (touch wood!) - still I think I was really ready to do this, have a plan and lots of support. Thank you all for your comments and support, I would love to thank individuals but the next dose of antihistamines is kicking in I m off to doc tomorrow for antibiotics as sinuses obviously infected - so painful- but I get this quite a lot so no biggie.
      "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Newbies Nest

finallydone;1358668 wrote: I love the nest! And the last few days I have felt true freedom. I won't let AL rule my life. I will let my higher power God take me where I need to go. I feel the freedom to be myself again. I feel like being the person God meant me to be. If people don't like me I am okay with it. I was not put on this earth to please everyone I am here to fulfill what God has in mind for me. I will always be a hard worker but I will stick up for myself when I need to. I will take the time to talk to others when I feel the compulsion to drink I will help others in need when they need my help. I pledge myself to working hard everyday and being someone in MWO that people can lean on during the early rough days. I know this helps me stay sober not only that...seeing my life change inspires me to see others lives change. It happens when you want it. I want it. I know you all want it. We can do this.....Let's not die in a bottle...let's die fighting it together......I know I am fired up today. But the old me is back with a fiery spirit. The nest saved me...now the nest has unlocked me....the old me is back...and I am HAPPY!!
        Finallydone; 'love' this post! Great that you are feeling this way and now you've posted, you've passed it on to me and all the Nesters.....
        Motivation and inspiration all wrapped up in one here....
        Thanks FD and hope all goes well with the boss today.
        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just popped in to say hi...and also hit the 30 day mark today..2 things.. big thank you to all who got me to here, Byrd Flossie JC,Destiniey,Satz Lilly E and loads more ..in fact like I said anyone who has posted.
          Secondly..dont ever give up... you can do it.It may take time but dont ever stop trying..this site was probably my last hope and it did better than any course of meds for me.The support on here is priceless..and for all those looking and thinking should I can I...jump in

thank you all
          Mick
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just Quit

I am very new to this, I have decided to do this because every time I drink it can never be one or two I end up drinking and drinking, embarrassing my self and blackout my memory I work for a mining company and the drinking culture is pretty strong so if I'm going to change my routine I'm going to have to admit this to my boss. I am married with two small children I promised my wife I wouldn't get so drunk anymore but I do anyway. I never thought I would need help but I always make promises to myself to not drink so much and never keep them. Some advice for a heavy drinker who has just quit would be appreciated.
            Enough is Enough, only one person can fix this, alcohol has never caused me anything but problems

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Big Col....youve made the biggest step in telling yourself and your wife.Be interested to see everybody else s opinion..for me I would say my stomach/health cant handle it ..and rather than taking the chance of having a couple and maybe lead to more that for the sake of your health you have decided to sack it completely,which is true for from what you are saying your health will suffer
              Mick
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 2 but very tired. Sleep was poor. Hate the first few days, but look forward to the sleep I should get as my body resets itself.

Mick way to go on 30. Love it. Keep it up.

Big Col - I can say having teenagers that if you get this figured out now you will be a way better parent and example to your kids when they get older. That should be some motivation.

One day at a time!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Mick......congrats on 30 days! I am so proud of you! You actually have your own thread on here under General Discussion...check it out...you have totally earned it!:wd:

Cash...5 days is awesome! I am so sorry to hear about your sinus infection...ouch! Relax today and feel better soon!:h

BigCol...Welcome to the nest! This is a great place for you to be right now...the support an encouragement you will get here is awesome! You made a huge first step in confiding in your wife and coming on here and posting. Read back over the posts and you will find that even though we are from all over the world here and from many different lifestyles..we all mirror one another in our battle with alcohol. We have all been there done that and there is comfort in knowing that you are not alone! Good luck and stay close!

Gdog....I hear ya with the sleeping...that was always my issue when I would first quit! You are doing great on day 2...stay strong and stay close...you can do this!
                  AB Club Member
                  AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mick, Mick, Mick.....you can't imagine how proud we all are of your 30 days! It is with sincere pride, that I give you your hat!!! :bday3: Oh, I know it's not much...but what it represents is monumental, wouldn't you say? When we all come here beaten down and dejected, a lifetime of regrets.... 30 days AF seems like a mountain we just can't climb...where do you start? HOW do you start? You are a wonderful example of what can be done when you just put one foot in front of the other. Thank you so much for being part of this community...we are so happy for you! Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie....you are da bomb!!!!! You are on top of everything and that's why we admire and love ya! 20 more days and I get my hat...not that I am counting or anything! Ha!
                      AB Club Member
                      AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

BigCol, welcome to the nest. Every single person you see posting here has written the words you just did. Something HAS to be done, we just can't go on living like this any more...promises broken, looks of pity and shame...we are right beside you. But this is a place of hope and strength. You will find the tools and resources you need to get AL out of your life for good. There is life beyond AL and it's a good, no GREAT, life!! I hope someone can send over the link to the Tool Box....and I would recommend you read back a couple of weeks on this thread and get to know us...we have folks on Day's 1-30 here, and well beyond....You will be amazed at how good you are going to feel again once you have made the decision to LIVE again. There is HOPE, and you have found it. Well done for flying in, you coulnd't have landed in a better spot... don't be shy, as you can see we bear it all here....Welcome!! Byrdie
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dest, how funny, thank you for the kind words...nice to be 'da bomb' instead of being bombed all the time! Hugs to you!!! B
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

One more thing, BigCol....we have a winemaker on this site who is sober!!! So if HE can do it...there is hope for everybody!!!! XXOO, B
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dest - Thanks for the awesome encouragement. Way to go yourself. Day 10? I know there was much math being done yesterday by you all. It is a good sign when you get your count mixed up. So far I feel all in.
                              Today is Thursday and I do not drink on Thursdays. I give my self and my family a break from the false self and the escape on Thursdays.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Gdog...I am glad to see you with such a great attitude today....keep on keeping on!
                                AB Club Member
                                AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Working...
                                X