Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey next my husband does the same with dope - so yeah he just doesn't buy it anymore. Luckily for me and him he doesn't drink - he gets almost instantaneous hangovers after a few beers - so he's no drinking partner nd I don't smoke. Easy not to enable each other that way. Good luck. Cashy
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Newbies Nest

Omg, what does it take to stop this crap of a life cycle? Where in me can I find it? I know it's there...
      Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
      -Alan Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have been on a binge for about a month now. I have caused so many problems for myself and just don't know if I have the strength to work through them! I hate this feeling of complete despair and I hate myself for letting everyone down. I don't know why I put myself through this!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Cat!!!!! I have been wondering where you were!!!!! You have been missed! Fill us in and let us know what you have been up to!:h
          AB Club Member
          AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone,

Cashy - Hope your sinus infection clears up quickly, they are a bugger.

Cat - We are close in days, I am on day 20 and what it takes for me is to focus on the joys of sobriety not to feel like I am taking something away. I am not wasting any more precious time with drunken, blacked out evenings and guilt ridden, shame, high anxiety hungover days. You need to do it for you and you alone.

I am on day 20, but I have had a sober stretch of 5 years so I do know the amazing feeling of sobriety. Also, I know how easy it is to fall down that slippery slope to Day 1 again.

Beffy
            - you can do it, as I said above. It truly is a gift to ourselves to live a long, happy, sober life.

Happy Sober Saturday All, I was back at work this week so no time to really contribute. I just want to tell you all how much you are helping me and I hope in some way to help others as well.

IMT
            new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey ItsMyTime!!!!! Congrats on day 20...that is awesome! I am so glad that you are finding the help that you need here and YES.....you are helping others on here! Happy AF Saturday to you!
              AB Club Member
              AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Congrats on your 20 AF days IMT!
                I remember the wonderful feeling of accomplishment fueled me to keep going

Cat, what's going on? You have been around MWO for some time now!
                I know I had to break the 'habit of drinking' to finally find success. A lot of us habitually drink for no special reason at all. Drinking when happy, sad, drinking because it's the weekend, etc.
                When I accepted that 'nothing changes if nothing changes' I was able to break the habit & finally be free of the burden.
                A big thing for me was developing an attitude of gratitude. I purposely changed my thinking from deprivation to gratitude for each & every sober day I accumulated. Grateful for the hangover free mornings, the absence of heart pounding, all consuming anxiety, guilt, etc, etc.
                Here's a link to a great website:
                The ToDo Institute: Mindfulness, Procrastination, and Gratitude using Morita and Naikan Therapies

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Saturday!
                Fill up your day with healthy alternatives that do not include AL

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day seven done yay - bedtime down under
                  "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everyone

[B][B]Des -what I have been up to is no good. Drinking again for the last two months until I progressively got back to where I was, if not worse. I want to be normal, non drinking, and happy.

Lavande - what is the one thing I can tell myself today? How do i break the "habit" ? I am just so lost. I don't understand how I quit the first time, where the motivation came from. Now the motivation is to save my marriage, but can I be a happy normal person without the AL?
                    Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                    -Alan Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Cat,
                      I'm right there with you. I am so,so sad today. One more week has passed where my drinking has once again gotten in the way of my job and productivity. I' m putting together my plan. Not sure whether I'll start on Sunday or Monday.

Big Congrats to everyone on here ticking up their AF days. You are all an inspiration.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Cat...the important thing is that you came back and are trying again. I have personally fallen flat on my face so many times and no matter what I did those nasty AL thoughts always crept into my brain. I finally went to the Dr last week and got a prescription for Antabuse..I needed to have AL out of the equation PERIOD. I am now 12 days AF and I finally feel like I am getting my life back. I am still taking the L-Glut and Kudzu for the cravings and today I went to my first AA meeting. You have been such a strong person here on these threads in the past and I know that you will be again! We are all cheering for you...stay close and keep reading/posting!
                        AB Club Member
                        AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Next....I am so sorry that you are sad today. If only every day could be a good day!!!!! I know that Lav and Byrdie have always said that you never have 2 bad days in a row so tomorrow should be a better day for you! Stay strong and stay close to us!
                          AB Club Member
                          AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dest is right! Please hang in there everyone. All it takes is a stroll thru the threads to see the self loathing and G/S/R brothers! (guilt/shame/remorse). The going gets tough sometimes but we all knew it would. I had a stray thought myself today after a tedious day .....I quickly jerked myself back into place. If you think that not drinking is bad right now...try drinking...it is 1000 times worse. Hang in, you won't have 2 bad days in a row. Tomorrow you will feel so much better. Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

HI everyone, just checking in....

So, I went to the doctor on Wednesday and got a prescription for Antabuse. She was the best doctor EVER. Unfortunately, the pharmacy had to order the drug, so what did Rooniferd do? I went out drinking that night. The beast convinced me to get one more party in before I wasn't able to anymore. Well, I blacked out that night, struggled into work the next day, and continued the party on Thursday night....

Yesterday, I woke up hungover as crap, and yes I did drink, but thankfully only two wines last night....

I popped my first Antabuse at lunch today. I got tears in my eyes when I did it. As I swallowed the pill, I finally felt some relief from this roller coaster. I know this is not a permanent solution, but if I can just get a significant amount of sober time in, I really feel like I can start developing good habits and relationships that don't revolve around alcohol. As I've said before, all my drinking is in social situations. I don't drink at home. I spend bookoos of dollars sitting in bars every week....

I stopped by a friend's house this afternoon, and of course everyone was drinking. If I had not had the Antabuse, I surely would have joined in. I have only told one person about the prescription so far. I don't particularly want to make a big deal out of it.

Damn, I'm so happy that I don't have that "should I drink" tug of war going on in my head. Oh believe me, I'm obsessing about drinking a lot, but then it hits me that I CAN'T drink. I just can't.

I don't know when I will try to ween off the Antabuse. Maybe after a couple of months? Maybe more? I just don't know. I guess I will just take it day by day....

I need to read back and catch up, but if you are struggling today, I wish you peace and strength to avoid the beast. Remember this: He wants to KILL you, but he will be satisfied just ruining your life. Run!!

:l to you!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening all,

Cat, Next, please & anyone else looking to break the 'habit' of drinking -

I was so desperate for someone/something to give me a good butt kick to take the leap to get started on my AF journey that I actually used this program:
                                Habit Busting Secrets by Lee Milteer

It looks kind of weird but it honestly works IF you put the work into it like I did!
                                21 days to break a habit.......amazing, really!
                                Look into the program & if it looks right for you, give it a shot. The cost is less than what you would spend on an AL fueled weekend. I set my intention to break my habit of negative thinking which in turn kept me drinking even when I didn't want to drink. I replaced all that negative thinking with powerful & positive thoughts & plans

You have to actively do something different to get yourselves sober & remain that way. Changing habits is big! Even if it means blowing off certain friends & invitations - just do it!
                                I also highly recommend the MWO Hypno CDs. I used them daily for over a year. They help you learn to relax without AL on board & to change your thinking about it entirely. Use them if at all possible. I eventually passed mine set of CDs on to another MWO member

Rooni, be very careful now that you are taking Antabuse. There are others here who can give you info on their personal experiences.

Stay focused everyone & let's get that butt velcro out of the closet & back into use :H
                                Do whatever you have to do to keep from falling out of the nest!
                                Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!

Lav

PS: Cat - you will be a much happier, normal person without AL - trust me
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X