Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

DRINKING USED TOO BE FUN BUT NOWS ITS ANNOYING!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hello my cherubs....and again, welcome to our newbies....great to have you here!!
      Just wanted to take a minute and let you all know I'm gonna be away for a while.....don't think I've mentioned it much (maybe not at all), but I'm in the process of buying a house. Close of escrow is 7/25, so gonna be real busy packing up, and then real busy unloading and getting settled in when I move.
      I figure for the next month I won't be around much at all.....I will try to check in on occasion, but won't be able to 'tuck you all in' each night as is my norm. Just wanted to make you aware should you wonder where the heck I am. Gonna miss you guys, but will be back before you know it. FYI, still gonna be in AZ, just a different part. This move is gonna be tough on Gilligan as well, but he's a trooper.
      See you gals soon.....keep the nest alive for me!
      Pops.....and G

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have made it thru Day 1. I started my Topamax again today. I did it. I am so glad that I found this place. I think that I am going to be needing you all A LOT in the next coming days & weeks. Thanks for being here.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi NoraC and Raj Reddy,

Welcome to both of you! You have found a good place. Pull up a twig in the nest and settle in with us, we'll help. NoraC, congrats on your Day 1, good for you, keep going.

Fernanda, congrats on your Day 1 as well Remember, this is a process, take it one day at a time. Be kind to yourself but stay focused. I really enjoyed the Hypnotic CD, still use it from time to time. It kind of reinforces what you need to know and remember.

Pops & G, good luck with your move, such a lot of work.... I last did that 6 years ago and I'm still tired!!!
          We will all do our best in your absence. Please check in on us when you can

Need to go tend to my itching challenge for the week - poison ivy
          Have a good evening on and all!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Evening all! Boy, I sure am getting myself all turned around. Here again, I am posting later than normal. I sure hope everyone had a fine day. Mine was super busy, but that means lots of work, which is great these days!

Hi Nora and Raj! :welcome: You have found a very safe place. Pull up a twig and let us help you on your journey. Congrats on taking the first step! I look forward to getting to know you.

Nora, congrats on getting through day 1 :goodjob: We are here for you!!!

Lav, I am sorry about up itching all night. Have you tried the calamine lotion, or the baking soda? Here's to hoping the poison ivy clears up soon!

Hi Fernanda and Chicken, how are you doing? So glad that you are posting

Hey Sunni, how did the trip to the vet go?

PR and G, congrats on the new house!!! Stay well, as I know how tiring and time consuming packing and moving can be. Please check in when you can. I am sure gonna miss you both, but I know this is a positive and exciting time for you!

Well, I have a paper to write, so I better get to it. Have a great evening all. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Everyone....Chops, Dill, Lav...Papa...I miss you all so much...please know that :upset: I feel like right now my life is in such a spin...I think a good spin....which is odd for me....going to school , having Brad (my ex) around more...has not only helped with taking care of Brayden...but has really helped me to forgive myself for things in the past...I can't explain it....those who are divorced or separated...there is a definite time of hatred and blame...but at some point you get past that...and maybe for women (and maybe some men)...you continue to feel like...if I only did more...or If I wouldn't have done that....this has just been such a FORGIVING, HEALING month for me.....I can't even explain it....but on the other hand...I feel guilty for not coming here daily....because it's because of all of you...(Chops, DILL, Sunni, Papa R, LiLM..and I'm sure others...UPnorth) that got me through the roughest time in my life....I love you all so much and I know I still need you...I KNOW I do....bottom line...please don't feel I've turned my back on something that has probably been the most influencial (sp??)thing in my life!! I say that while listening to my son play with his friend who is sleeping over and my ex (Brad) playing with them....:upset: I'd give anything for 'this' to be the way things could/should be (have gone). I write this because I'm scared...and I miss you all...you know when it was just me and Bray...me staying sober, making my life simple, no drama???? This is feeling is just so scary!!
              Question to everyone---Is life ever easier??? Just simple....where you can enjoy the 'simple things'??? My mom always says...you spend so much life...trying to make everyone else happy...retirement (having no kids at home) is wonderful...you just spend time making one another and yourself happy...life is just so much more enjoyable....but it never had to be so stressful to begin with'.....she's so right...I think we (I) make this so much harder than it has to be.....
              Sorry...Bray and his friend need me...thanks so much for listening.....to those newbies and their goals that they are making successful...you are AMAZING...keep going...those who are back in the saddle (a term for Sunni ) we all keep the good fight going!!! Love you all!!!
              SD:l
              Did I mention I hate school and the classes I'm taking....wasn't sure everyone got that memo...and HELLO!!!!! Road trip to PHOENIX!!!! Another moving party!!!!!
              "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
              7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Um not good!
                Long busy day at work! Have succumbed.But trying to moderate it. Feel bad I've let myself down,but will keep trying!! Urghh-self-pity ride happening here!
                Chicken

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning one and all! Have a few minutes before my day starts really "hoppin", so I thought I would check in!

Chicken, how are you doing? We have all been in the position to succumbing to drinking. Don't be too hard on yourself. Jump up, dust yourself off, and keep plugging away. Onward and upward my friend!

SD, :l. I have missed you and thanks for checking in. I don't have too many words of wisdom for your situation. Take things one step at a time. Please don't feel guilty for not checking in daily. You need to take care of YOU, and all of us are going to be here for you. Forgiving and healing is a great thing, and I am so glad you have experienced that. Keep going forward and don't think of the should of's, could of's or would of's. Go with the present and what you are experiencing now. I hope this makes sense to you. Sometimes, I am not so good at advice. Especially since I have gone through a lot of pain and turmoil recently. I am VERY HAPPY and EXCITED for you. :l I love you girlie!!!

I whole-heartedly agree that we are going to have a moving party in Arizona!!

PR, Lav, Sunni, Fernada, Nora, Raj, Camra and all others...how are you all doing? Hope you have a very happy, sober, healthy Wednesday.

I must now go tackle this mountain of paperwork!!! Talk to you all soon!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello, fellow chicklets!

Wednesday? OMG, is it really? Already? :H

Vet visit went splendid! Yes, normally vets make house calls. A little background is in order, I suppose... My lovely old girl Sophie is 33 years old this year. That's a good 3-5 years above normal life expectancy. I rescued her, since she was abandoned by her previous owner - I've had her for 3 years now. I 'bought' her for $300 and promised to give her a forever home. Originally, she was for my daughter to ride.. because this lovely old mare doesn't really know how to say 'NO'. She might grumble and let you know that whatever you're asking of her is not her favourite thing to do... but she will do it. As long as you ASK.

My previous vet (at MY farm) refused to do anything with her teeth. (Note: I did NOT LIKE that vet). Partly because she's 'just an ancient horse'.. and partly because she didn't have the expertise. NOW, I have an equine dentist living and practicing around the corner (loosely speaking.. it took us a good 40 minutes to walk down and we caught a ride back, since Myladey was still a bit on the dopey side). Anyways, we did NOT have to put her under, as we thought we would.. actually, even thought she has gained a ton of weight since I brought her in early May, she's still not heavy enough for the vet to give her a general anesthetic - so, we did it with just a sedative - and Miss Sophie was an ANGEL.

So.. yes, normally this sort of thing would be done by a vet coming to YOUR place... in this case... we knew there was a LOT of dental work involved and given her age... it was safer to bring her to the vet's barn (with full harnesses in place, etc.).

Anyways, my wonderful, sweet girl was amazing and I am utterly proud of her and looking forward to (hopefully) faster weight gain from now on out She's hurting a bit today, but I've given her pain killers... it should become better as the day goes by.

Phew... that was my last 18 hours... how about you guys??? :H
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi all .am new to site.so glad to have found it.am very tired

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon nesters!

I'm happy to say I have the upper hand on the poison ivy situation today.........that was enough!

Chops, you sound very happily busy - that's great!

SD, you are going through a tremendous amount of personal growth right now, that takes a lot of energy. Don't waste any time or effort worrying about the could haves and should haves.........the truth is, it's history and we just can't change it. Keep moving forward, you're doing great!

WOW Sunni, talk about being busy! Sophie is a lucky girl to have been found by you. An equine dentist is something I've never thought about before. I imagine there must be some nearby me because so many people own horses in this area, except me. I hope Sophie feels better real soon.

Chicken sorry about you bad day, brush yourself off and hop right back on board. Identifying triggers and learning healthy ways to deal with them is all part of the process! You can do this!

MaryJane, welcome! Glad you are here with us. Looking forward to getting to know you better. Just jump in with us. Talk, we'll listen, OK?

Have a terrific AF day one and all!
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everybody,

I made it through day 2 - had to fight off some cravings- but the big news, from my perspective, is that I actually got out & exercised! Tonight is my last night, and it will be tough because I have to go to cocktail event for work.

Is there a drinking & weight loss group?
                          ~%~%~%~ :new:
                          It's never too late to be what you could have been
                          check out what I'm up to when I'm not drunk: http://mangosteenjewelry.etsy.com

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone. Yes - made it thru day 2. Had some rocky peaks but I just kept going. I know from my own experience that I'll probably be fine for a week or two. I'll have a few cravings but nothing major. Then......daaaduuumm.....binge. So, I'm going to be hanging on tight here getting to know all of you.

Lavanade - so glad that your itchy is better. It sounded awful.

Fernanda - Day 2 - just like me.

Mary Jane - I'm new here too and am so GLAD. I'll bet we'll have energy before we know it.

Sunni - that sounded like quite a day today. I'm glad that it worked out for her though and wasn't too traumatic.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know all of you including Chop, Chicken, SD. I feel like I have come to the right place. Thank you all so much.
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

With Pops & G not here,
                              Thought I would check to see if everyone's tucked in the nest OK. Congrats to Fernanda & NoraC for a successful AF Day 2. Keep it going
                              Will check in tomorrow, night all.
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the tuck in Lav! Yes, I am happily busy, but wanted to check in the nest tonight too. I do hope you had a wonderful day! I am so pleased that your poison ivy is under control

Yes, a big congrats to Nora and Fernanda! Well done on 2 days! :goodjob:

Mary Jane, a big welcome to you :welcome: Can you tell us more about yourself? Pull up a nice, comfy, twig and let us help you on your journey.

Chicken, how are you doing? Not being too hard on yourself I hope.

Sunni...I am exhausted reading your post :H Glad that you were able to find an equine dentist. I must say, that is the first time I knew they existed. Good for you for providing such a loving home. I am going out horse riding with my son's girlfriend. She has two horses and I have been wanting to go riding with her. Hopefully she will go easy on me!

As Pops would say...good night my cherubs...see you in the morning.

Good night! :l

Comment

Working...
                                X