Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters! The challenge of the weekend is at hand. Everyone who is with-in the first month these are the toughest days. They are still tough for me and I am starting to feel alot of days indifferent to AL. Which is a clear sign in my mind there is a disconnect happening away from the pull of addiction. We'll see how things unravel over the next few months as I charge on into my first year of sobriety. God willing of course. Keep posting if your struggling and reach out. Hope everyone is doing great!
    Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Rooni...I'm still pretty new to sober this time around. Yay for you finally getting the Antibuse. One suggestion I want to make is that while you are taking the Antibuse, use the time to make some changes. I know it's tough cause I've done it before, but I have to change everything and it has to start with who you are hanging with...friends. You need to find different friends who know how to have a good time and enjoy life without Al. Now is the time to take a good look at all the things in your life that are triggers and begin to change them.

I hope you are feeling better this morning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm waving hello! I'm on my phone as I've had houseguests this weekend. Thought they were going this morn but staying til tomorrow. It's been a little tempting but fairly easy to not drink wine with them-sitting around visiting. So that is a big hurdle crossed. And another was at a party the other night I had told my friend who runs the place that I would not be drinking...no big deal /was just checking to see that they had selzer or something. He bought some of that NA wine just for me!!! It was so sweet of him even if it tasted like crap...LOL. So I had a couple glasses of that to be polite but was really wanting some selzer! I usually take some with me but it didn't seem appropriate in that situation.

Well enough writing on this phone. I will check in i when my company leaves!
        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Another hot & humid day in progress over my portion of the nest!
          Severe weather threats in the forecast too just to make it especially fun :H

FD, Lola & Dogwood, good to see you this morning - hope you have a great day

Hope everyone has a terrific AF Sunday!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all,
            Another hangover free Sunday and loving it. Went to a family BBQ and 99% of us were not drinking and what a great time.

My hubby didn't even drink at it and had a blast. It's great to wake up clear headed and no shame. This is the life for me!!

I hope everyone is doing well.

Roon - I did the same when I knew it was going to be my last hurrah, I got wasted, blacked out and wasted the whole next day on the couch. The next day was Day 1 and I havent' looked back.

Have a great Sunday all,
            IMT
            new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh ya, Day 21 and I do feel the habit of drinking on the weekends is starting to subside
              new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone and happy AF Sunday! Everyone sounds really good today! I went to another AA meeting last night and I am going to go to another one today that it is for beginners since I am still not quit getting it! Ha! Oh well....baby steps!

Hey my dear Rooni....I am glad you popped that pill yesterday an make sure you pop it today...if you haven't already...do it now!!!!! Ha! I am so glad that you found the strength to not drink when put in that situation...you go girl! I always found that driving in the car and I was alone with my thoughts I would be constantly battling the beast in my head. Every second I was thinking about AL...it got to the point where I just wanted to detach my head from my body so that the thoughts would disappear. Last night, on my way home from AA, there were NO thoughts but good thoughts in my head and I actually turned the radio down...put the windows down and listened to the crickets etc. I was finally able to to feel at peace with myself and it was such a great feeling! I know it sounds corny....but I totally enjoyed that drive home....I wish I could bottle up that feeling and pass it on to everyone!
                AB Club Member
                AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Dest - I loved your story about your drive home last night. Sounds so great. I drove around with my car top down some last night too, and it was nice. It was especially nice not having to keep an eye out for cops. It scares the crap out of me to think about all the times I drove drunk. I could have killed someone on many occasions. Funny how you don't see the danger when you're drinking....

Yes, I just popped my pill! And now I'm headed off to run errands. My friend texted me earlier to see if I wanted to do lunch, which actually means having mimosas and bloody marys. I told her I was too busy. She doesn't know about the Antabuse.

Lav- you mentioned that my friends will need to change in order for me to change. I am completely in agreement with you. I'm looking forward to meeting new people as I start making new habits and going to new places. Quitting drinking isn't losing anything. It's gaining a whole new life full of endless opportunities. I am so ready....

Hope everyone has a great day. I'm only on Day 2, but I already feel so far down the sober road, compared to where I was Friday morning, which was hovering over the porcelain throne puking up my guts and feeling like a complete loser.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm reall glad to hear that Rooni
                    Making new friends at my advanced granny age & stage of life is not easy BUT I have a clearer view of exactly who I want to be friends with from now on!

Hi Destiniey & IMT!
                    Sober weekends rock! Any sober day rocks
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning,

Lav, checked out the habit link. Can you give me a little more specifically what type of work you do? Couldn't get it from the website.

Lolab - glad to hear you are making it through your company's visit. That is one thing I think I am going to miss; sitting down and catching up with someone over a glass of wine.

Dest, also loved the story.

MyTime, loved your story, too. It's good to hear of the moments that don't involve AL that sound fun and happy.

Roon, I need to make new friends,too.

Got my plan. Starting tomorrow and going for 30 days and then I'll re-evaluate.

Comment

Newbies Nest

welp...here I am AGAIN...I seem to sound like a broken record....I went on a 3 day binge and now I am sitting here with regret, shame, guilt my 3 best friends! I almost made it 4 days, but I caved and now I have to live with it. I feel so stupid for giving into the worst thing possible.

Today is the day I will hopefully remember for the rest of my life. Sunday, August 5, 2012 was the day I stopped drinking for the rest of my life. I do not want alcohol in my life anymore. I want to be free of this burden stuck in my mind all day long.

I want to worry about normal things like, do we have milk, bread and eggs. Not "I better stop and get some wine after work."

I want to wake up knowing when I went to bed, what I ate, and if I kissed my kids good night.

I want to feel good getting out of the shower in the morning and brush my teeth without throwing up.

I want to eliminate alcohol from my life!
                        Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Aww Honeysoup, I feel your pain. I was puking all Friday morning after a two-day binge. I was late getting to my dad's house. I told him I ended up having to do some work. Little did he know that I just had to get to the point where I could get out of bed without puking before I could drive over there :-(

So today is day 1 for you. And tomorrow will be day 2. Just start racking up some days and you will feel better. Don't beat yourself up. Look ahead, not back. At least you haven't done anything so horrible that you can't make up for.

I must have had a thousand or more day ones. I'm hoping I just had my last one yesterday. We can do this. Just make up your mind that you absolutely WILL NOT live like this anymore. The more times you deny the beast, the weaker he'll get. Don't feed him. He'll eventually die.

Feeling for you today, but tomorrow is a new day, and if you don't drink today, you will most certainly feel much better in the morning. Don't forget to be nice to yourself today. This is not easy, but you will beat this thing. You wouldn't be here if you weren't serious.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Reporting in. I got my princecess cake made and decorated. Yogamom, NO I am definately not a pro, I stink, but if you put enough frosting on there, who cares! I also made 12 chocolate cupcakes with snickers bars in the bottom and made 9 pineapple upsidedown cakes in small canning jars and they all sealed! Kept me busy and out of trouble this weekend. This sure is a journey, it breaks my heart to see the struggles we have getting AL out of our lives. It is hard. I try to push those thoughts OUT whenever they come around. Sometimes it takes everything I can do, but I am committed to staying sober and that means zero tolerance. Not one, not ever. I know how I am....all I'd have to do is open that door a little bit and I'd be slipping thru it and lying and sneaking it just like the hell I left a year and a half ago. I'm so sorry for those who have disappointed themselves lately....that's just a bad feeling. But you can do something about it...you don't have to feel this way again. Put one foot in front of the other and commit to quit. It takes the choice out of it, no more wrestling with it. NO, HELL NO!! AL will not take away one more day of my life! You can do it... Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, everyone, spent the day reading, and sleeping. This is day 2, I'm reading the Jason Vale book, Kick the Drink... Interesting.

Lav- I checked into the habits thing and downloaded it. Just a question, hoe long before you noticed a difference in your thought process, I'm such an impatient short term result person, I wish I knew what to expect.

Happy Sunday to everyone!
                              Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                              -Alan Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

day one again for me. On Friday at work, I printed out everything in the tool box and printed out a bunch of blank journal pages. Three hole punched them and put them in a notebook. Last night, I had a really nice bottle of wine because it was my last. Today, I am reading my notebook and reading posts here. Tomorrow, I will begin my journal with my list of reasons why AL must leave my life. I am brimming with reasons.....When those first big time urges come, i will start the list.
                                I am pretty psyched right now to NOT be drinking. Made some bubbly water with my soda stream, added a dash of lemonade, and am not making dinner (huge trigger for me)
                                I am excited to get this under my belt!!! I want to feel good again.
                                I just won't anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X