Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

A big thunder storm just rolled over my portion of the Nest ~ guess it's safe to get back online

Welcome back jennie!
    I remember the cooking trigger for you in the past. It was a big one for me too but I simply replaced my bottle of wine with a quart of extra strong decaf green tea. Somehow or another it did the trick.

Cat, glad you picked up the Habit Busting program.
    I think the more work you put into it the sooner you will see results
    I worked it like any other class, did all of the reading & 'assignments'. Jump into it setting your intentions on killing the old habits & replacing them with new & better habits!

Next, please - you asked about my work??
    I have a home based embroidery/monogramming shop.
    I have nothing to do with the Habit Busting program, That's something I found online & it worked miracles for me.

Honeysoup, you have the ability to make this day your last Day 1!
    You know what you need to do. Commit yourself & recommit yourself each & every sober day you wake up. Just do it!!!

Byrdie, cooking & baking in this heat...what a gal :H
    Great that you have found something you really like to do!
    The pineapple upside down cakes in the canning jars sounds interesting

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest. Buckle in, velcro down, do whatever you have to do to stay put!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey guys just checking in 5 days no alcohol or nicotine woohoo, pretty anxious though cant seem to relax or sleep except in 1 hour grabs. Great to hear so many positive voices about kicking this Al business over you are all doing great.
      Enough is Enough, only one person can fix this, alcohol has never caused me anything but problems

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ah, Lavande,
        Perhaps I didn't phrase my question right. By work I was referring to what the habits program required. You had really emphasized needing to " do the work".

I come from a family of needlepointers and knitters. I am not so talented. Did macromie (sp?) some plant holders back in the day, though!

Comment

Newbies Nest

That was probably my fault....granny brain again :H

When I said 'work' the habit busting program -
          it involved reading, listening to audios, filling in a work book, kind of like homework. I was impressed with the effectiveness of the program. But if someone gets the program & just sits back & does nothing....then nothing is going to happen.

I still have macrame plant hangers I made in the 70's! That was fun back then but hard on the hands. I don't do any hand work these days. My embroidery machines are large & computerized
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

day one again for me, seem to be fighting this wine demon for years, have had a good read of lots of post, and know i need to gave it up and break the daily evening wine habit.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wine is, or better said WAS, my downfall too. What is it about wine? Why do so many people think it's classy and sophisticated? It's nothing but a nasty drunk, blackouts, and painful hangovers to me. Wine snobs make me want to puke. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wine is evil!!! It is my downfall also. I have been craving a sparkling white wine all evening, but who am I kidding I would have consumed three bottles of the stuff and felt disgusting in the morning. A week ago I found myslef looking at my roster working out which evenings I could get wasted without it affecting my work. I am 3 days AF and thankfully I don't need to worry about looking like a wreck in my meeting tomorrow, I will have a clear mind.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters

Happy Monday mornings happen easily when there's no hangover to deal with

Hello & welcome back another sunny day!
                  What's your plan? I also had a daily wine habit (at the end it was all day long). Make yourself a good plan using whatever you need in the Tool box. Commit yourself & stay close to MWO. I loved the MWO Hypno CDs, they were very helpful.

CONGRATS on your 3 AF days Beffy :yay:
                  The first three are the hardest, now you can really start to appreciate the clear head & new found freedom

Wishing everyone a great AF Day!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

I thought my Friday party was going to be the toughest challenge to get through but it was a piece of cake compared to spending the last two days with a very challenging personality. I really wanted to drink yesterday to escape and I DID pull an escape act a couple of time having to "run to the store" and even just going up to my room for 20 minutes...

I am sooo ready for things to get back to normal...my nice little AF life without all the stress that makes me want to drink. Maybe I'll just remain a hermit for the rest of my life...:H
                    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am feeling great today!! Today I will start my lists and journal....why i don't want to drink and the benefits i will get once i have some time under my belt. The initial things that come to mind: I look forward to no longer feeling "disconnected" to my family....instead of going through the motions (either because i am drunk or because i am hungover) I look forward to actually enjoying the little things (and big things) my family is here to give me. Another big thing I look forward to is getting rid of being bloated all the time. I look at pictures from my recent vacation and am disgusted. My face is blown up and i really just don't look happy even though i am smiling....it is hard for me to believe it is actually me!! And of course, losing weight and feeling good about myself....look at me, i am making a list in this post!! OK, i will stop.
                      I am so excited that there will be NO MORE WINE in my life!!!
                      Day 2.. bring it on.
                      I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey Jenni - good for you! And just think about all the money you'll save!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning peeps! Happy AF Monday!

SunnyDay, Beffie and Jennie....congrats on starting your AF journey. My downfall was vodka and my mind was filled wth thoughts of it ALL day EVERY day! I got to the point where I wouldn't even take the time to mix it with Diet Dr. Pepper...I would drink it straight from the bottle. Ugh....so totally not a way to live! I too have had so many day 1's than I care to even think about! The most important thing is that you keep coming back here...keep being brutally honest and read/post as much as possible. Everyone is so right when they say to change your routine. We are all embarking on a new life which means a new beginning and new experiences. Best of luck to you all.....together we can do this! Stay strong and stay close!

Damn Byrdie....you have been a busy bee in the kitchen...I hope you had that A/C crankin!!!!!! The upside pineapple cake in the jars sounds awesome....I think you should post the recipe!

Hi Lav...hope you are getting some relief from the heat with the passing storms. The weather here has been crazy too....mother nature has definitely been a little "hormonal" lately... I wish she would friggin make up her mind! Ha!

Lolab....you are doing great....keep up the good work!

Rooni....you sound soooo good today...I love to hear you sounding so happy and strong!!!!
                          AB Club Member
                          AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lola,
                            I use meditation to disconnect myself from things & people for a while!
                            It's a kinder & non-toxic way to give your mind & sould a little rest & nurtuting
                            Even just 5 minutes is enough to do the trick. I promised myself a long time ago that no one & no situation was ever going to make me start drinking again. I am done with disappointing myself & I think you are as well

Still hot & humid here Destiniey - 90 humid degrees by 10 am - yuck.

Hi jenni, stay strong!

Rooni, have a great day!
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 2 and woke up feeling so great! It is absolutely wonderful to wake up with no hangover. I am so ready for this, but also very worried of a relapse. 2 times I have made it to 22 days and then 27 days.

Days 5 and 7 have always been when my alcoholic brain starts in. I hope that devil stays away.

I have a plan to go to and AA meeting on Tuesday night and Friday night. Hopefully I will stick to it.

Welcome all newcomers and those of you who are starting over!

WE CAN DO THIS!
                              Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Honeysoup! Congrats on day 2! It is soooo nice to wake up without a hangover or wondering what I did the night before...how I got to bed...what I made for dinner etc! Today I actually woke up early, made my husband his lunch for work, fed the animals and got may ass put together and went out and took pictures of some old barns in my area. I have been wanting to do that for so long but it's hard to do that when you are sick as a dog from the night before! When I figure out how to post pics on here I will share them with everyone. It's nice to be able to enjoy the things I used to enjoy and changing my routine in key in my sobriety! Good luck at your AA meetings...I have started going too!
                                AB Club Member
                                AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Working...
                                X