Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

First of all THANK YOU FD for you very kind words and for everyone who responded. Aww, I feel so loved here...thank you, thank you, thank you! I only hope that some of my ramblings have helped those struggling from time to time. All of you have helped me in your own way too, so thank you for that!!

Everyone is sounding good, and that makes me happy! Rooni, I'm glad you lived the sober scenario this morning...the other one is a nightmare!

Itsmytime, please stick close, read AND post so we can know how you're doing. In the past when I have "slipped", I found myself deliberately staying away from MWO. It was a huge mistake and I will never do it again! Staying close to you guys keeps me sane and sober!

Lolab, Honey, Dest, Belle, Monique, Lav and Byrdie...I love you all! Thank you for all of your support and encouragement. There are so many more that I haven't mentioned, but I am including you too!

I'm feeling really strong these days, if I can make it through the death of my beloved Charlie sober, I'm sure I can handle whatever life throws at me! My Charlie will be home Friday (in a box :upset, but at least he'll be home. Love you Charlie Boy! :h

On a brighter note, I learned a new crochet stitch last night. Yes, I know my life is VERY exciting. LOL

Everyone have a great day!!!

Love,
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you, Lav for posting those!!! Like any job, if you have the right tools, it's much easier... I get great joy from giving these to people who aren't expecting them. Hugs! B
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well said Rooni...stick with your guns girl!

I am going to AA tonight...I don't want to avoid the friends I have made there anymore. I can't wait!

Today is a good day!:h
        Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

BG ? Nice to meet you! Thanks for checking in here; good to see progress reports from those successfully ?in the field.? I agree, fantastic on not using the vacation rationale to go rogue!

Honey ? Kudos on Day 3! Love your commitment and show of force ? breaking those wine glasses. I couldn?t bear to break my stemless Reidel but I did give them away ☺

Lolab: it?s wonderful to have that appreciation for a life without alcohol. So many simple and yet important things. This past weekend was like that for me, too. I had to pick my son up at the airport, which is 90 miles away. If I had been drinking still, I would either have white-knuckled it hungover, or imbibed anyway, then I would have turned to hidden bottles in my room at home. But no, I got to be fully present, with no guilt or shame, and have a great time with him - completely sober.

Itsmytime ? Glad you?re checking in. Anxiety was one of many triggers for me, definitely one of the worst. Do whatever you can to distract yourself from it so it doesn?t create a runaway train in your head. Read. Walk. Talk. Watch Netflix marathons. It could also be that your blood pressure is high ? alcohol does that. Or you may need Rx help ? I?m on an anti-depressant of the anti-anxiety kind and it has been very helpful keeping what were near panic attacks at bay. I see my Dr. this Thursday and am hoping, however, to start taking a lower dose because my energy level is lower than I would like.

Byrdie
          ? Your post struck me because I know one of the reasons I?ve stayed away from AA is because I?ve been in and out of it so much. That and other reasons; it?s not really anonymous, and it never felt 100% like the right thing for me; I felt fraudulent because much as I tried, I couldn?t really swallow the path, and unless you?re 100% committed, you?re branded as destined to fail. So now I like the idea of dropping in socially occasionally to see people I know and like, but not committing to their ?rules? if that?s possible. This is a much better place for me to be!

Rooni
          ? congratulations on waking up to a new day! Wonderful. You have so much to enjoy!

Lavande
          ? thank you for posting the pics; now I definitely will try the cakes! All are so cute. That?s not really going to do much for my newest beast, though, the sugar beast. Oh well, one demon at a time.

K9
          ? Congratulations on pushing through the tough times. We?ll be thinking of you when he comes home for his final resting place. Also, thanks for reminder. I have an antique Chinese box full of gorgeous natural yarns and knitting/crocheting needles. Now if I can just remember how to get started.

I?m so behind at work. Have a great day everyone!
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
          "Indecision brings its own delays, and days are lost lamenting over lost days."
          ~ from Goethe's Faust

:target: AF as of May 8, 2012
          :target: Non-smoker as of Sept. 15, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Monique...I'm not an AA'er...I've never been to a meeting. Yikes, sorry if I sound like that, but for me, taking the 'choice' out of it has helped me more than anything. Years ago, a neighbor of mine lost her husband, and her son was standing in the yard talking to me...he was freshly divorced after 20 years of marriage. He said, 'I really don't know which is harder, death or divorce...because with divorce, there's always that hope'. That hope of being able to drink like a normal person was nearly the death of me...It's just not in the cards for me (God knows I tried!). Once I removed that, and accepted it, it became easier. I could spend a lifetime chasing that illusion...and nearly did!
            Whatever works for you, do it! Stay strong everyone! Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,
              I am feeling much better. With each rough day passed, that's one day stronger.

I tried some natural anxiety remedy which helped, even if it's the placebo affect, I'll take it lol

Thanks for all your words of encouragement and support. I will make it this time.
              new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters!

Now I HAVE to make those pineapple upside down cakes - so cute :H

IMT, I gave up a Rx AD due to so many side effects & started using an OTC combo product with St Johns Wort a couple of months before I stopped drinking. My anxiety all but disappeared
                If you want some info on the product:
                AMORYN Mood Booster | Natural Supplement for Depression & Anxiety

Monique, the sugar beast caught up with me too for a while but it didn't last long. I did use some L-Glutamine to help me kick it's butt!!!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!
                See you all tomorrow - hump day already!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

OMG Birydie:

Do you Deliver? :jumpwow:

:l
                  On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                  *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1361278 wrote: Hey Monique...I'm not an AA'er...I've never been to a meeting. Yikes, sorry if I sound like that, but for me, taking the 'choice' out of it has helped me more than anything. Years ago, a neighbor of mine lost her husband, and her son was standing in the yard talking to me...he was freshly divorced after 20 years of marriage. He said, 'I really don't know which is harder, death or divorce...because with divorce, there's always that hope'. That hope of being able to drink like a normal person was nearly the death of me...It's just not in the cards for me (God knows I tried!). Once I removed that, and accepted it, it became easier. I could spend a lifetime chasing that illusion...and nearly did!
                    Whatever works for you, do it! Stay strong everyone! Byrdie

Hi Byrdie
                    - Sorry, I didn't mean to imply you were in AA; your comment just reminded me of my experience with it. I remember once sharing in a meeting about a book on recovery that I'd found interesting, and someone chastised mefor discussing non-AA literature; that it could possibly confuse/lead a "newbie" down the wrong path.

The acceptance of any number of divergent paths is one of the many things that attracts me to the nest. I agree with you: Whatever works for you, do it!
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    "Indecision brings its own delays, and days are lost lamenting over lost days."
                    ~ from Goethe's Faust

:target: AF as of May 8, 2012
                    :target: Non-smoker as of Sept. 15, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Phew....day 3 done....teeth brushed, face washed, in pjs under the covers
                      I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh, and I forgot to say that I do not feel sorry for myself like the last 100 times I tried to do this so i am still excited about staying AF......yippee!!!!!!
                        I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

So know what???? I have asked myself this alot lately. So know what?? I am sober now. Have my ups and downs like everyone else. Sounds boring doesn't it.....Hmmmm than today as you see what sobriety does for us mentally and physically. So know what??? Well know we all get to do things in life we were meant to do. It means we begin to live again one day..one little event at a time. It's means the person inside of us we left behind begins back on it's path to where ever that maybe. No day is always going to be perfect. In the Nest and in MWO...we are always not going to get along. Did we all get along with everyone in grade school...highschool..college...nope. If there is one thing I am starting to really learn as I am moving forward is one simple word. HOPE! I have hope again where I saw nothing but dread. AL leaves a devasting path behind itself.....it will leave us a path out if we take it. The one it doesn't want us to take. But a path for me is well worth all the winding around and rollercoaster it is for me. I love you all!! And everyone here makes me feel soo loved!
                          Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi guys I'm on day 11 and doing well - life's been hard lately so I'm proud if myself seems like all my triggers went off at once but I'm dealing with it.
                            I wanted to share this with you - my daughter sent it to me a minute ago - i think it's very funny and sometimes life feels so serious and intense when you are AF , read to the end it's a ROFL I reckon Hyperbole and a Half: This is Why I'll Never be an Adult
                            "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello All!

Just wanted to say thankyou for the support and encouragement! MWO is such a wonderful place.

I hope you are all enjoying an AF evening.

My poor little Chihuahua was desexed today so he is feeling very sore and sorry for himself. we are curled up on the lounge together.

Take care everyone!!

Beffy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone! Day 5 beginning.

Things feel strangely different this time. My mind is different. This is the third time quitting. First time was6 months +. The second not very long at all. But I haven't had the same reticence this time. Maybe it's the book I'm reding, or the program that Lav recommended, all things I am doing simultaneously, or the fact that inhitnrock bottom and damned near destroyed my marriage. Nevertheless, the tenseness amd cravings haven't arrived....yet .l am thankful. I know the road is still bumpy ahead. I have a lot of self-examination and reflection to do, which is always hard, well it sucks. But in order to not fall back into the old habits I have to do this. It's a funny thing how alcohol seeps into every facet of your life and changes your behavior and reactions even when you are not drinking. And you just become a person you didn't used to be...

Off to shower and work

Happy Wednesday folks!
                                Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                                -Alan Cohen

Comment

Working...
                                X