Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Does anybody have a hard time on their way home from work???? Leaving work and passing the stores without stopping??????
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello

Hi. I read a lot of posts on here last night, because I am scared of the way I am drinking, just to sleep, I don't and never have drunk during the day, but because of stress and worry I have been using alcohol to help me sleep, the problem is it is taking me more and more to enable me to sleep, last night I did'nt, and was awake for most of the night, I look after my granchildren on a thursday and felt so very tired all day today.
      So Im wondering, which is worst, drinking myself to sleep, then suffering awfull hangovers, or trying to do without alcohol, but not having any sleep. Does anyone out there have a similar problem,? I am 55 yrs old, and these sleeping problems started with the menopause, i used to be such a good sleeper, and find it so frustrating not being able to sleep.
      Ive always, in my past been a party girl, drinking to have fun, but now its just to block all my worries out just so I can get some sleep.

Comment

Newbies Nest

norac, yes! It takes some real effort not to stop on the way home. But you get better with practice!

robyn, I use valerian to sleep. It works well for me. I also take a half dose of one of those pain relievers that help you sleep. (diphenhydramine is the key ingredient) The thing with alc is although it helps you get to sleep, it actually ends up disturbing your sleep and you wake up in the middle of the night. It acts like caffeine or chocolate.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening all,
          Lot of activity in the nest today!!
          Welcome Robyn. We're the same age, have similar sleep problems. What Dill said is true - alcohol puts you to sleep but wakes you up repeatedly during the night, usually sweating. The herbal OTC sleep preparations do a better job.
          Hi Opal, hope you had a great day.
          Dill, I have my fingers crossed for a better tomorrow for you, know you can do it.
          See you all tomorrow.
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Newbies, Getting ready for bed after a long day. So glad I stayed AF despite the overwhelming temptation. Looking back it should have been easy but it wasn't. Will try to remember how good it feels to stay AF and (hopefully) get a good night sleep. Hope everyone is doing well. Sleep tight!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all and :welcome: Robyn and LuckyMom to the nest. I have a ton of homework to do tonight, but I wanted to tuck you all in and let you know how proud I am of each and every one of us!

Good night everyone and see you tomorrow. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good night all!! Thanks for this nest to cozy up in.:l
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

And good morning! I slept like a rock last night! It was wonderful. That reminds me, robyn, another good sleep helper is L-tryptophan or 5 HTP. You can find L-tryp at a nutritional/supplement store. You can find 5 HTP at walmart.

Chops, thanks for the tuck in! I miss PR. I wonder if his move involved changing jobs as well? Chops, is that you and your g-son in your avatar?

Thanks, Lav, for the extra support. I will be fine today, for sure! I appreciate all your help.:l Also, thanks to everyone in the nest for being here and supporting each other!

More work on fences today. I wore long pants, and STILL got chigger bites from yesterday's. Today, I think extra measures like bug repellant and maybe knee boots!:H Oh well, at least its not Poison Ivy!

Have a great AF day, nesters!
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all,

Dill, glad you're in better spirits today I have a strong feeling that you will be just fine!
                    Stay away from those chiggers though - you don't want to spend your weekend itching..........
                    I've given up on the outside work for a while, feeling kind of chicken in that department.

Chops, hope you can take a break from the homework and enjoy the weekend.

NoraC, glad you're hanging with us
                    Robyn, LuckyMom and all the many other newbies that have joined us this week - have a great AF day. It's worth the effort, I promise

Will check in later.
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Friday Nesters!!! How is everyone this morning?

Dill, you sound in good spirits today! A good sleep is always wonderful! I miss PR too, and I'm not sure if the move involved a job change

Yes, that is me and my grandson in the avatar. Just thought I would put it up for awhile as my motivator!

Lav, I am going to take a break from the homework and enjoy the weekend. It is going to be nice and sunny! What is on your agenda now that you've given up outside for a while?

Hello to all others that stop in this morning. Coffee is on and the Diet Pepsi is cold. Will check in later. Enjoy the day!:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Friday everyone. I really, really hate to complain but since I'm going to be a regular here. Can we please start stocking Diet Coke????? That's my morning drink (and afternoon drink, and evening drink). lease:rettplease:

Have a great AF day!!!
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Question for anyone......
                          I read through various posts and sometimes reply when I think I have something to say (not very often!!)
                          Anyway, then I can't remember where I posted to go back and see what people responded. Is there a way to track where you last posted? or do you just write it down?

Comment

Newbies Nest

prancy, you can find all your recent posts by clicking on your name at the top of a post. A pop down window opens up and you click on 'find all posts by Prancy'.

norac, we'll start stocking DC!
                            Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning (or afternoon) Nesters!!

Welcome to all the new members...great to have you here!!! There are so many new faces I'm having a hard time keeping track of everyone!!

Dill-you WILL BE just fine!!! I know it!! You have more will power and inner strength in your big toe than I have in my entire body!!:l You're an AMAZING LADY!!!!

Chops-UGH on the homework...but I hear ya sister!! I have TONS as well!!! YUCK!!!:argh: I love the avatar....how adorable!!!! And as always, thanks for remembering my diet pepsi!!

To everyone else...Lav, Nora, Prancy, Lucky, Sunni....and I know I missed a ton of others...sorry....keep up the good fight...we're in this together!! :threesome:
                              BIG HUGS TO ALL!!!
                              SD
                              "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                              7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm flying in for the evening, clear headed and FREE from the bondage of al.

Chops, you keep changing your avatar! Is that your grandson's foot? I liked your other picture: Your grandson is TOO cute! Excellent motivator.

Lav, I wish I could just not work outside, but I felt like I really should help Mr. D with the fence project. We have a small herd of black angus cattle and we have fence upkeep. I don't do a lot of the heavy work, but there's plenty I can help with. So, today I was cutting back some brush and found myself standing in the middle of a patch of our nemesis: PI. As soon as I got in I put all those work clothes directly in the washing machine and I jumped in the shower!:H

SD, are you still dating Mike? I bet things are really confusing for you right now. I wish we could help somehow. :l Only way I know to help is to remind you to stay AF as much as possible so you can sort through your emotions fair and square!

Sunni, what's up? I'm heading up your way to do your fencing just as soon as we get done around here!:H

Prancy, norac, luckymom and robyn , hope you have a great evening!
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X