Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi to all my buds in the nest!! I rewarding myself today by doing the thing I love the best!! FISHING!! The fish-fry is at my house!! LOL! Thank you everyone for the congrats! Everyone here inspires me one day at a time to stay on the right path in life. Boy I tell you what...the air smells better and life feels more fuller without AL as my crutch!
    Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

6 months pretty awesome - well done!
      You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

just a second to say - too many posts this morning to respond to! I did see jenniech made the weekend sober and I wanted to congratulate you. I remember that feeling - and believe it or not - it will soon be the norm...I know it doesn't feel like it ever will - but sober weekends - sober weeks - sober months - CAN be the norm....yep, really...:-)
        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

So many milestones today!!!

FD - You are awesome and such an inspiration to so many people here. Keep up your great work and your positive attitude. And when should we all come over for the fish fry?

Dest - You are amazing!!! 30 days is HUGE, you should really be feeling a difference. I'm so proud of you! Keep it up my friend...hug your horses and enjoy being sober :l

Well school starts tomorrow and I HATE it...summer went too fast! I guess I'll be joining all the other procrastinators at Walmart tonight getting last minute school supplies (THAT should be fun....LOL)

For some reason, every time I hit day 40 it was a struggle for me. I caved around then a few times. I'm not sure what it was about day 40, but I felt like I had this problem "licked" and drinking once every 40 days was "no big deal". Well I did that a few times, and of course it wasn't just ONE day. It usually lasted about a week or two before I'd get back on course. So just a word of advice to anyone that's racking up days and maybe feeling complacent...a slip can SO EASILY lead you back to where you started. Be vigilant and protect your sobriety. Whenever you start romaticizing drinking, fast forward to reality. My reality is handcuffs, cop cars, and a cell mate named Diablo. No BUZZ is worth all that!!!

Stay strong my friends...never let your guard down.

xoxo
          K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9, you are a precious piece of work! Thanks for making me pee my pants today with your cellmate, Diablo! I guess you learned Spanish in a hurry, no? Observation...you weren't this funny when you were drinking...your sense of humor has emerged only after you got, and remained sober....at least that's the way it looks on paper! I think you have really come into your own....and that's one heck of a person! XXOO, B
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrdie! Yes, I did learn all the words to "La Bamba" real quick. LOL You are right though, I'm really "ME" now...no more stumbling around in a fog or a drunken haze. Those days are over!!! And for all the newbies, please believe it IS possible. It seems like a daunting task at first, but living sober is achievable, and so much more fun.
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi guys - on my way to get the kids - and come back to fight witching hour one and witching hour two.

I've spoken to the coordinator of the Celebrate Recovery group meeting tomorrow - it's HUGE. They *average* 60 adults (not top out at) from all across town *from many churches* and have started the Teen Version a year ago - and now are starting preparing the elementary student track.

I had no idea. I feel better. Everybody has to find what is right for them - I hope this feels ok when I get there. And if this doesn't work - I'll find a supplemental program that will.

But whatever supplemental program plus regular counseling - I'm determined to make progress. I got assigned my counselor today - hoping she calls me and schedules my appointment tomorrow. And I'm watching my little precious cargo of AB track it's way across the world like the Gollum going "my precious, my precious" using the online tracking system...due between the 27th and 9/3. Roll me an early DELIVERY!

NOW - Witching Hour 1 and Witching Hour 2. When I'm having anxiety attacks out the bazoo about personal problems and all kinds of fear issues. I'll go take some L-Glut, some Kudzu - get the kids - and hope they kick in before the desire to do something stupid becomes overwhelming.
                That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 - you're a star!!!!!

You give soooo much and you're very much loved - which is evident.....and well deserved!

Just sayin'

Hugs, Nicey.
                  It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                  Mother Theresa

Comment

Newbies Nest

Busy Nest again today ~ nice

PF, you have a plan, great......stick to it & you'll be OK!
                    Don't let anything or anyone throw you off track. You have to want your sobriety more than you want a drink, right?

K9, Stella says HI :H

Hi to Byrdie, Lola, Free Fly & everyone!
                    Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest.

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yup - so far so good - even with another night of really crappy news tossed at me. No trip to the wine store for me. Getting ready to take a Melatonin and call it Night 2. :-)
                      That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                      Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                      AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

So everyone is worrying in the L
                        ! It's going to be okay. Sobriety leads into a different life and you re-thinI k everything. I hope I am not sounding like I am all high and mighty...but it's time for many in the nest to just do it. Stop saying it. Do it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I apologize already for sounding like I give a damn but I do. I stick to this place because of you guys here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

finallydone;1367413 wrote: I apologize already for sounding like I give a damn but I do. I stick to this place because of you guys here.
                            there was no 6 months...without the nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning y'all!

Good job PF, It's nice to wake up with a clear head, good Kobe on handling things w/o AL,

Hello to everyone, today is 19 I think, but I have to say I am still having a hard time with the witching hour, cooking is a huge trigger for me. Funny how much quicker I get supper done now though...lol.

But I thought that time time of day would be easier by now, but the last few days I have been white knuckling it b/ 5 and 7, and then after supper get in the bed as fast as possible. I'm ready for this to get easier.

Thankfully I go back to work today, so I will be busy and won't be home til 730-8... Whew!

Ck in later

Happy hump day !
                              Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                              -Alan Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & happy Humpday

Great to hear you worked your way thru last evening PF! Just keep doing that, drinking is no longer an option!

Cat, you are dealing with mental cravings & that means you need to work on changing your thinking. Write a gratitude list & dump the deprivation thinking. I made myself some special tea, something really good to get myself thru the dinner prep & early evening time & learned to really enjoy it too

FD, sometimes the newbies do need a little extra push to just go ahead & take that leap into sobriety. Fear of the 'unknown' aka sobriety is a huge problem, it was for me. I didn't know back then that there was absolutely nothing to fear

Wishing everyone a great AF Day in the nest!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X