Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

And I'm on Day 3 with you - so I'm exactly where you are. Stay with me. We can do it.
    That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
    Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
    AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks I have no meds or anything. Although my kidneys hurt its more the fact that right now I'm normally drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done, everyone on fighting cravings...it really helps to eat something. I mean eat until you are full. At that point, you don't want anything...you just want to pop, so that is a great distraction. Don't worry about weight right now, it will come right off in a couple weeks. Do whatever it takes to get thru this day. You won't be sorry!!! Welcome Liss, and welcome back Finallysee. Right now is the heavy lifting...breaking the habit, but you will get there! If I can do it, you can!! Just ask Lav who finally kicked me in the butt! She pecked me to sobriety!! ehehehe....Thank God for that woman!! And this nest! Hang tough, you can beat this demon! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi finallysee -

These aren't meds - these are nutritional supplements pretty widely available.

L-Glutamine is an amino acid that the brain uses and it reduces AL cravings quite a bit. Lots of info about it all over this site. You can get it in the States at any GNC or Vitamin Shoppe - micronized powder tastes like a$$ but works like a champ - knocks your craving out in 5- 10 minutes - fastest craving control you can get.

Kudzu is harder to get quick - best ordered here - but you *can* get it sometimes at *some* vitamin shoppes - I have never found it at a GNC. Also supposedly reduces cravings - I've had less success with it.

Amino Acids- I have had better luck with the gel cap versions of the Essential Acids you can get in the Weight Lifter Section - best price to pill ration and the gel caps break down fast. Your brain is short of those from the AL abuse - the Amino's get to mood and cravings -adding those back into your body right now will help more than you think. And go find a Multi-Vitamin with a lot higher dose of Vitamin B's - because with AL depletion - you are short those - and they impact your mood/anxiety/ability to handle stress.

But if you can only get one or two things - get the L-Glut and a multi high in the B's....
            That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh okay thank you I'm in the UK but will look thank you

Comment

Newbies Nest

YUK.....MAJOR CRAVING HAPPENING RIGHT NOW>........big sigh....going to meeting at 7:15...it can't come any sooner....
                I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hang in there Jennie...how much longer until the meeting?
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

i'm workin it...only 20 minutes to go and then i walk to the meeting....then walk home and I will be ok by then....yuk...
                    Thanks K9!!
                    I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening nesters,

Looks like it was another busy day around here & that's great!!!!
                      Welcome to Lissicw & finallysee! Glad you have both joined in the fight
                      I hope you have both read the MWO book - if not download it from the Health store here. It's where I got started, just makes sense.
                      Then a trip to the Tool box to grab whatever tools you need to help you make your plans is in order.
                      Byrdie mentioned my butt kicking style here but I only resort to that when you're not paying attention :H
                      Arm yourselves with a solid commitment & a good plan, stick close to the nest & we'll help you along!

jennie, I hope your meeting was helpful tonight!

wishing everyone a safe night in the nest - don't forget the butt velcro!!!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Exhausted - came home from meeting - forgot my supplements and my hypoglycemia was going wild - had wild cravings all the way home to hit every liquour store for 20 miles for a bottle -which I ignored but barely - sailed in - ran for the milk and the L-Glut powder - waiting in bed for either it to kick in or me to fall asleep. I'll take either. Tell you about the meeting when I am not in sorry shape tomorrow. I hate Day 3's - I should quit having them,
                        AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

So to all my nester friends I need to be honest. I feel inside I took cold medicine in a way I should not have. I know I was taking it the first day for very honest reasons. The last two days I have been taking it as a drug to get away. I am deeply sorry. Addiction is a tough road. And I believe I did something wrong. If in my heart I know am abusing something. It's better to come and just say it. I think I need to change my sobriety date to today. I am very sorry to everyone here.
                          Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello PrairyFairy and other old/new Nesters!

I'm on day 2 after a one week drinking binge:upset:

Traveled around the world (Australia - Europe) and long flights and especially airports with waiting hours are the worst thing what can be..
                            I like airports but to much is to much..and airports are like "waiting places" for the real life, so i feel literally "somewhere in Limbo" ....

But it' s in the past..Before my trip to Europe i had 15 AF days and was so happy!!! Than night before my journey i drunk..and of course i continued..
                            The worst, funniest and unbelievable story happened to me in Kuala Lumpur airport..I went to transit hotel, took a bath, drunk martini and fall asleep:upset: I missed my flight to Amsterdam and spent 2 days in domestic airport (1 night i managed in hotel)..
                            My husband was mad (he' s alcoholic too, so a bit more understanding), money penalty for flight change, my daughter was waiting for me (her graduation!!!!), i was mad to myself too etc.

I flu back to AUS via Paris to Singapore and my HB, even daughter asked me all time to report where i am etc. They were concerned that i' ll stay in Paris:H I really didn' t want to leave this wonderful city but i was back in airport with time reserve but of course i drunk in Paris..

Back to real life...
                            The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
                            /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Newbies Nest

finallydone,

Don't know why I checked back in tonight but I did.
                              Are you possibly being a bit too hard on yourself?

If you are unwell & need cough medicine that's one thing.
                              How much cough syrup have you consumed? Quarts, gallons????

How about just dumping what you have left over (if you don't really need it)
                              Tomorrow you can be right back on your plan, OK?

Audrey, sounds like your same old story?
                              Are you going to make any changes? Do you plan a future without AL?
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Feel really down today I have no money to buy these supplements I just can't thinking about all the people I've upset over the years with my antics. I am going to go kayak fishing when my wife cones home from work just need to get to then. I have also booked a drs appointment about my drinking

Comment

Working...
                                X