Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Rooni, you should take a look at Kradle's thread, Stepping out and back in again, or something like that...there are some of the most powerful posts I've ever read in there. It sure helped me, have a look at it, I bet it will get your head back to square again, too. You are doing great, those cravings will get less and less each day. Hang in with us!! XXOO, B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

yuk factor setting in again....went to a meeting during my lunch hour but think i might go again tonight.
      BIG SIGH....why are the cravings creeping back in? Just have to keep in the front of my mind how well I am sleeping, how wonderful life is without hangovers, how I think I might be losing weight, how much better I can concentrate, how I am spending every dinner time with my children now instead of the bottle, how I don't have to wake up wondering what happened and what was said the night before, how much better I look.....i could go on and I will keep focusing on those things despite my urgent craving for wine....can't wait for the cravings to end!!
      I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters, Wish these cravings would leave me alone. Last w/e I had my first af one in years! Then the cravings hit last night like crazy! had some bad news about my 12 old GS. He is on theft charges and is a drug addict. Cau u believe it He is only 12. That news caused me to open a bottle and the rest is history. I have just got to learn to deal with these daily stressess without turning to AL. Sorry for the rant, I am just so p.....d**off withmyself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Just want to say a few words about cravings.....
          After your initial 3 day detox cravings are just thoughts - mental stuff, habitual thinking, etc.
          Thoughts are just thoughts - they won't kill you & you don't have to give in to them. Choose to ignore those thoughts by keeping your mind busy with other things ~ really works! Stop whatever you are doing when the thoughts start & do something completely different. Distraction is a simple technique but it works - try it out

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone

Been really busy lately and not been posting much - just occasionally on the AF daily and a couple of other threads. However today i'm celebrating 6 months AF and I just wanted to drop by and tell everyone it is worth it and it does get easier. I've just been for a run to celebrate. 6 months ago today I was waking up on day 1 and posting on Newbies Nest for the first time.

You can do it too, just stick with it, it does get easier.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

CONGRATS to you Sausage on your 6 AF months!
              I am very happy for you - the hard work pays off

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Friday!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Friday everyone!

Just wanted to say a quick hi to everyone before heading to work. Sausage - wow, SIX months!! You are truly an inspiration. Seems so long compared to my measly three weeks.

Speaking of three weeks, I just want to quickly remind myself what I was doing three weeks ago this morning - puking my guts out after a two-day bender, trying to figure out how I was gonna drive 1.5 hours and spend the day with my dad and aunt. I was in really bad shape that day. I had two more glasses of wine later that day (hair of the dog), and that was the last time I drank. I finished that last sip of nasty Chardonnay and knew it was time to make a move. And I did.

Things are still very up and down for me (craving and irritability and all), but I feel like I am finally getting my life back. I don't want alcohol to steal another precious minute from me.

Hang in there, folks. The weekend will be so much better without the drinking and hangovers.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hola - Day 5 - week 1 is kicking my tail physically this time - soooooooo tired. Just so exhausted.

Getting the beast out of the system is wiping me out this time... But I am on track and still moving. :-). Albeit slowly and with Lot's of yawning
                  That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                  Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                  AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tango Golf India Foxtrot!

Finallydone: I agree with what everyone else has said, I don't think you should change your start date, unless you feel it is something you need to do to stay sober. Don't beat yourself up.

Sausage: Congrats on six months sober! That is awesome! :goodjob:

Rooni:
                    Good for you for fighting the cravings! It's a struggle, but it does get better.

Prairie Fairy:
                    I remember the exhaustion the first few weeks. Hang in there...you can do this!

I am two months sober today! When I first started this journey, all I could think was "OMG, I can never drink again," and it seemed impossible. The more AF days I rack up, the less attractive drinking seems. I'm starting to feel like I can do this!

Hope you all have a wonderful, healthy, AF weekend!
                    ITGeekChick

Comment

Newbies Nest

:cheering::cheering::cheering: Happy Friday Nesters!!!

Sausage - WOW...6 MONTHS!!! You are doing awesome!!! I'm so proud of you!!! It's good to remember how you felt six months ago today...keep it fresh in your mind so you don't start romanticizing alcohol. That can happen easily, but I know you are on a solid path, so keep it up my friend!

Rooni - Sorry to hear the cravings are kicking in. If you were allergic to peanuts, would you be sad about it and WISH you weren't? Or would you just accept it and find other things you enjoy? The way I see it, I am allergic to alcohol, there's no getting around it. There are plenty of other things to enjoy once you switch your mentality from "can't" to "don't have to"....hang in there, you are doing great. Ride the ups and downs, they will pass! Oh, and remember the puking, that should help!

Hi Lav! Tell my friend Stella that she is looking fabulous as always! Hope you have a great weekend in your neck of the Nest!

Byrdie!!! Are you baking anything amazing this weekend? I may do a little cooking, I guess I'll give the cornbread another try, and TRY not to drop it all over the place this time. My little chichuahua Lucy loves my cooking style...most of it ends up at her feet. LOL

Boozer - Sorry to hear about your GS. Don't waste your energy being pissed off with yourself, use your energy making sure you don't do it again! Find other things to relieve your stress. Drinking won't change anything that's going on around you, other than making you feel worse. I am wishing you strength!!!

I hope everyone has a great sober fun filled weekend. If you start to feel squirrely, get your butt into the Nest...use glue, velcro, staples, tape, zip ties or whatever it takes to secure yourself in!

xoxo
                      K9
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

ITGeekChick;1368281 wrote: I am two months sober today! When I first started this journey, all I could think was "OMG, I can never drink again," and it seemed impossible.
                        ...switch that to "I never have to drink again!!!" and you'll be amazed at how much easier it is. It will give you freedom.

You're doing great...keep it up!!! :h:h:h
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stella sends all her love K9 :H :H

ITGeekChick - Congrats to you on your 2 months AF yay.
                          My son-in-law is a real life IT Geek :H

Can't wait to be finished up for the day
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey y'all

Day 21, at work and everything's been great the last few days, until....my husband just called and asked did I want to grill a steak......major trigger. Cooking, grilling, etc...and the teenager is staying with a buddy tonight. My mind immediately flew to AL. In 0.01 seconds just like that. My stomach fluttered, my mouth watered. DAMMIT! DAMMIT! ...........damn it.

Does it ever end?
                            Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                            -Alan Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dinner time use to be a trigger time for me to. Sipping wine, drinking cold brews, sometimes sneaking shots of vodka, drinking whole bottles, cases too!... I liked playing Iron Chef. Then I'd get overly excited watching Guy Fieri, the host of Food Network's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, cruising up in his red 1967 Camaro SS. I ended up making some real blunders with my so called creative chef mind. Lmao. Oh & there were a few times I was passed out, have food delivered, or not bothered to eat.

Today, I'm having some lovely amateur Chef experiences in our kitchen. Presentation is visually lovely, plated nicely, tasty. Eating healthier, staying awake, losing weight, enjoying myself!.. Still think Guy Fieri is cute, but not drooling as much!

Almost uploaded one of my dishes, but thought Captain Byrdie, might have me cleaning cages & mopping floors for a month, as there's shrimp in it. I know she's a kind Captain & wouldn't send me to the hole, or brig. I'm sure she knows I've already spent enough time there in the past.

I found the first 30 days to be the hardest & then it became easier, for me. Hang in there, this too will pass!... You are all doing so great!.. At 3 months now & they told me it would be so much better & it really is!

Take Care, :h

Wildflowers :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yeah - sitting here next to my grill - letting it cook of the BBQ sauce of the other day while I wait for Kudzu and L-Glut to kick in so I can ride this wave with my Sunkist soda. I'd be one big glass of red down by now...trying to slow down and hang on for the next.

Having some anxiety about the cravings - so the last couple of days on the bad ones I have added Magnesium and Taurine. That seems to help actually - and it's starting to here. I got the Mag in liquid caps so it kicks in quick. Of course - I may be going to bed early too - but better that than losing my quit.

Anyway looks like thee sauce is burnt off - so I can just about start cooking - and do something other than just sit and crave.
                                That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                                Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                                AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X