Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Wildflowers and K9! Thanks for thinking of me when it comes to food! Cooking was a big trigger for me, too, from what I remember....eheheh. I drank a LOT when I cooked. But I found my food actually tastes better now and I can remember how I made it. This weekend, we are having 3 other couples over dinner! I'm having my pineapple upside down cakes in a jelly jar...Main course is a crescent pocket (shaped like a pop tart) filled with ground beef, green chilies, cheddar and onions. Enchilada cheese soup, and Zataran's jambalya rice that I'm taking credit for. We'll begin with a spinach salad with warm bacon dressing servced in small chinese takeout containers with chopstix. A stunning presentation. I will try and get some pictures...if Lav will be kind enough to post them for me!!

WF, I harbor no resentment towards folks who eat seafood...I just don't have the stomach for it. I can socialize with them and go to seafood restaurants, but I ain't eatin any! I try to look at AL like that too. Many other people partake, but I don't have to be one of them. Thanks for remembering I don't eat the tiny creatures! It's just a thing I have (one of many).

For everyone fighting those cravings, they WILL go away!! It is so nice, too. Once you get your 30 day hat, you will notice a big difference in that. Cravings suck!! I understand it when your mouth waters....it's nuts! THAT will pass, and thank god it does. If it stayed as hard as it is the first week, NO BODY could do it!! Stay strong...Friday is just another day (says Lav).

If you need any help just call ....we'll be around....If you are even thinking of blowing it, Lav and I will peck your eyes out! Bwahahaha. Just kidding, not really.....stay strong! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

PF...Imagine that you are already thru the evening AF. It helps to visualize that the day is done and you did good! You are kicking ass, I'm so proud of you. Let us know how those ____ are on your grill. I am filling in that blank with ribs. Stay in the moment and enjoy this time...think about how lucky you are to have gotten this far, and how bright the future is looking. Think about the smell of your grilling...and how much you are going to enjoy your delightful dinner. Be MINDFUL of everything around you, it will help, I promise! XXOO, B
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H
        I took half a dose of my nighty night blend of Valerian/Hops/SkullCap/Passionflower with the Magnesium & Taurine - because that was a big craving - both physically and psychologically - and I was heading for an anxiety attack.

Now I'm so chill - I don't care about the craving. CRAVING/SCMAVING. And it's pretty likely - that unless the S/O surprises me and says that he has the energy to come over after a day fishing and canoeing in the sunshine and the heat with his kids - which I sincerely doubt - I'm going to bed early.

If he shocks me and says he does want to come over - he's getting a sleepy snuggly lap kitty.
        But a sober one. He sounded like he was prepared for a fight when he called - because Friday nights are always good for a fight - and he hadn't called, hadn't made plans - which is guaranteed to piss me off. I think he did it on purpose. Push every button. Do it as a test. Then call her to see if she's pissed drunk. Hah. Wasn't.

And you know what? I know he is what the men refer to as "shit testing" me. That just get's my back up. Like "Oh yeah? Fine. Bring it. I have let you down. I don't intend to this time. I am proving you wrong. So go ahead. It's fine for now. But there will come a point - where this is going to cease to be ok. Right now? I've earned it. And when I have had enough of this? You will *know* it."

But I was proud of myself tonight. Because I know he was surprised. Score one for Prairie.
        That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
        Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
        AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done PF !!!
          When you wake up tomorrow you will feel great like I did this morning (it's 8 am here).
          Well to be brutally honest, I still don't actually feel great (day 3) but I keep visualising that with every hour alcohol free my mind and body are healing slowly so I don't mind this headachey, sore feelings
          take care
          Patrice x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Patrice, you will be feeling better very soon - hang in there

PF, I do NOT like being judged or being tested in any way shape or form!
            I've put up with enough of that BS behavior from my husband over the years. I certainly wouldn't take any of that from a BF. You are doing great, just keep your focus on your sobriety & check in with us when you need reassurance

Byrdie, I'll be happy to post pics for you even though I have long been dairy & red meat free myself :H Your dinner plan does sound good

Wildflowers, CONGRATS on your 3 months AF :yay:

Cat, you have 21 AF days ~ it's time to change your mental associations, AL does not have to be present to enjoy good food! Accepting that we no longer consume AL is just another part of the process.

I'm happy to say the nest has had a rather successful week - don't you think?
            Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest - hold on.
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nesters!! Have a great sober fun weekend!
              Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Up & at em Nesters

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Saturday!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone,

Haven't posted much, feeling good and got over another round of PAWS. It was weaker than last time and I dealt with it so much better. Finished another week off work sober and it was great. Had a great time and socialized without any thoughts of drinking. I really am ready this time, I was slowly losing myself and time to get back to the life as it's suppose to be, clear headed and full of energy.

Have a great Sober Saturday all, Day 41 here and sober weekends are my new normal now. LOVE IT!!

IMT
                  new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

nice post itsmytime...:-)

I just got back from a nice long walk with my pups....hubby is back in town - it's gonna be a hot day here~ I hope to get a nice swimming summer day in - no lounging by the pool with a cocktail - that would steal my motivation - I am so motivated since quitting! It really is amazing. Some days more than others - LOL - but it really is so nice to live rather than trudge through each day. Have a great weekend!
                    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am here - been busy since getting up - but wanted to say - I am doing good - I didn't break - and I am doing good today too- at the SO's working like crazy around the house but we should have a peaceful night with the kids - hotter than hades here. XOXO
                      That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                      Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                      AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1368315 wrote: ...switch that to "I never have to drink again!!!" and you'll be amazed at how much easier it is. It will give you freedom.

You're doing great...keep it up!!! :h:h:h
                        Thanks, K9! You are absolutely right, I don't have to drink.

I think it is so wonderful that you, Byrdlady, Lavande, and other folks who have been on this journey for a while take the time to hang in the Nest and encourage us newbies. Just wanted to let you know that it means a lot to me, and you are appreciated! :thanks:
                        ITGeekChick

Comment

Newbies Nest

wow, it's quiet in the nest today! I bet everybody's just going strong - enjoying a beautiful summer AF weekend...

See ya all in the Am...
                          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's quiet in the Nest because I'm still in my shop working Lola :H

Not much happening in Lav-land today but I am getting caught up with work

IT - we older newbies just love to wtach the progress you new kids are making

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest. I'm sure I'll be up with Stella & all her sister chickens bright & early in the morning!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters, I also want to say thank you to K9,Lav and Byrdie for all the advice and encouragement you give us newbies that are still struggling. I don't post a lot, probably because I don't consider I have a lot to offer as I am still fighting the beast on a daily basis!! BUT I DO read all your posts, so thanks everyone for your support.:thanks::thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 Brydie Destiney....and everyone else. Thank you! I do feel like I was abusing the cough medicine for the two days I did. So I wanted to be upfront. Part of recovery is identifying something quickly and correcting it. I have corrected it. In the past this would sent me back into bottle where nothing but torment comes about. I have come to far to throw it all down the toilet. I did enough giving the toilet stuff coming out my mouth for to long. Yes I was too hard on myself, but this is part of the process of me being accountable to not only myself but to others as well. This why I love the nest. I can be accountable and have others who hold me to it. Again thank you nest!!:h
                                Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Working...
                                X