Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I don't know if this will help anyone else but I keep chanting to myself "this too will pass". This craving, this sad feeling, this moment of panic.

Comment

Newbies Nest

For me, real boredom is starting to set in. That and my ego. I have gone AF for the longest ever in 25 years (except when pregnant which I don't count) and it hasn't even been a month yet!! So, to fight the boredom and knock myself down a few pegs, I am exercising a lot and reading as many posts as possible and going to meetings. Yesterday I went to two!! But I don't feel like I am getting anything out of them anymore. Does anyone else have the same experience with AA? I was thinking I would do 90 meetings in 90 days but now thinking maybe only 30 meetings in 30 days....I guess I am getting to know a lot of the people in the rooms and they tend to rehash the same problems in their lives over and over again....and I have tried 3 different towns!!
      Has anyone tried what I am trying with AA?
      I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

jennie, I can't answer your questions about AA - maybe check out the AA thread in the monthly abs section.
        Now boredom can be a big problem but I know now to not get stuck in that rut again. I suffered from a lot of boredom & lonliness....feeling sorry for myself & drank to numb all that.
        Tuning in to the Hay House Radio shows online, watching something on Netflix, listening to some really good new agey healing music, baking mutiple loaves of bread, cleaning out the chicken coop, etc, etc, etc help me stay in the positive light. Read Eckhart Tolle 'The Power of Now' ~ awesome!

K9, Stella is clucking proud of you :H
        She sometimes acts a little like a rooster, I'm not quite sure about her

Welcome Girly! Please make yourself comfy in the Nest, buckle yourself in!!!

rooni, you just hang on tight!
        Getting real, good to see you again today.
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's my Day 3...when I start thinking that maybe I don't really drink more than other people (despite the fact that the longest I've gone without drinking at least 6-8 beers or 2 bottles of wine in 2 years...is 2 weeks). I'm muttering to myself right now, I'm an alcoholic. I can't drink...and getting ready to go out and exercise, but when I come back, it'll be night...the longest most boring time of my day. Im doing this for myself, my family (mom/dad/sisters/brother) who I've disappointed for so long, my brain cells, my liver....this board is great - reading all the entries everyone posts. It's still only Day 3 - I can't imagine making it to Day 7.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Doingit, we all know where you are coming from. I couldn't imagine ONE night without my BFF...until I did it. It's just like eating an elephant, you do it one bite at a time. You are doing great...just get yourself thru this day!! We'll worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Great job!!! Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1370376 wrote: Girly!
              Welcome back! Pull up a chair and velcro, glue, staple or tape your butt to the Nest. How are you?
              K9
              i'm drunk honey. but quarter of the intake as usual xx
              The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gosh, lots of new faces...let's see Doingit and Gettingreal are about to dust down DAY 3!!!! Woot, woot!!!! Next, please is on their heels at Day 2! Kuya, where are you??? Imaginary is on Day 11!! Just wait, big things coming up for you!! Ronnie checking back in with us....how have you been??? What brings you by? Well, I guess I know, but it helps to put it out there...whatever it is, we're glad you are back!! Well done to you all!
                GirlyWirly, I was reading your posts....are you going to start your Day 1 tomorrow? Thursday is a great day to begin your new AF journey! I hope you will not keep drinking tonight so that when you wake up tomorrow you don't have a big head.

Stay strong, nesters! Don't let AL take away one more day of your life!!! Bastard! (roon, I love your new hateful attitude towards AL!!) I hate it too. B
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

don't even know if i'm in the right place. i'm drinking as i type. i've been an alkie since i'm 16 amonst other things. i'm now 52....how does it stop. i think i need meds....i heard something called kudzu root and i can't think of the name balofin (i think)i really need help bad. i don't care how much these cost I NEED THEM...i can't remember the last three days

Comment

Newbies Nest

Where is Cat Belle? Are you still beside me on this path? Or did you fall off? If you fell, don't worry, just get back up and dust yourself off. I want to hear from you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello & welcome doingitforme!
                      Congrats on your 3 AF days - great start! Stick around the Nest & let us know how you are doing.

Girly - what's the plan?
                      Are you going to continue to drink or are you going to make a plan to stop?

Hello & welcome Lucy!
                      Glad you are here with us but it sounds like you need to get in touch with your Doc. A medical detox will be safer for you at this point, we want you to be well. Will you try to get some help & let us know how you are doing?

Greetings Rooni & Byrdie!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all
                        Its great waking up and knowing that you have nothing to be ashamed of from the night before, knowing that you can get in your car & drive without still having AL in you from the previous day.
                        I am on day 2 & i feel like i am ready for this, i drank because i was borred & lonely but when i was A/F i made sure i kept busy all the time and it was great to have decent conversations with different people.
                        Well i have to get to work, catch you all later xxx
                        :dancin: enguin:
                        starting over

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the greetings you guys -- and the encouragement, Byrdie!! I went outside, exercised a little bit (big deal for me), took a shower, bought Ben & Jerry's Fro Yo on the way home (gotta have SOMETHING to indulge in) made a salad, sitting here trying to get through this Day 3. I'll be so proud of myself if I do it. Need to find a book to read. Something to distract. TV doesn't work b/c that's when I'd usually pull out my beer & veg out. And I still have 8 beers sitting in the fridge, staring at my face. Don't want to throw them out for some weird reason. But don't want to open them either. Would love to call a friend, but most of the close ones I could count on to get me through this & I wouldn't be embarrassed to talk about my problem with are putting their toddler kids to bed at this point. This board's gonna have to replace those friends in these long lonely nights.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm also scared to death already about relapsing this weekend b/c I'm supposed to go on a Labor Day trip with a work friend and a bunch of her friends. Will I be strong enough to resist? Does anyone have tips on how to just get through one day at a time? I want this to work this time... I started drinking during an awful marriage from 29-31...then the equally awful divorce period when he took me to court for every stupid inconsequential thing possible (he was a lawyer..I was not)...and then for these past 2 years as I felt sorry for myself and have had no clue what's going on in my life. I've gotta stop this.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Doing - I'm on day 3 too! I feel exactly the same way. Have you gone to the Tell you story section? I think hearing other people's struggles really helps. You can do it. Go take a shower or go to bed early. Just breath and hang on.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gosh, Doing it....I can't wait for you to talk to Kradle, she has a friend that is in a similar situation. You are on Day 3 and you WILL get thru it. I'm here to tell you, these first 3 days are by far the hardest. I walked from window to window and didn't know what to do with all the extra time. If you go to the general discussion boards, you'll see all kinds of topics....look to the right for Just starting out and click that...then somewhere up top of the list should say TOOL BOX...that has hundreds of ideas for how to get thru these first empty days. Tomorrow's assignment will be to get all that AL out of your house! NO, you don't get a safety net...because you are not going to fail! Once you have these 5 or 6 AF days under your belt, you will be selfish about them...protective of them! Try not to worry about what is going to happen down the road, all you gotta do is get thru this day...and when the other days come, you will find a way to get thru those. It is tough those first few social encounters...get your excuse in place and be ready with it...because a moment's hesitation can cause your friends to say...OH come on....JUST one won't hurt you! It's nuts and can derail you in a second. So get your story down. I tell people that AL irritates a couple things I have going on (I don't tell them it's my marriage and my liver!)....ehehe.. actually, I tell them it bothers my ulcerative colitis...and that hushes them up pretty well. Get in your head what you will be drinking instead. Visualize success....imagine that you get thru this weekend and will report in to the newbie's nest on Tuesday morning with 8 days! At 30 days you get a hat from the nest!!! Try not to use the fact that it's a holiday to fall....there isn't a worse feeling in the world than to blow your quit. Hang tough, and I promise it will get easier. Stick close here, and we will get you thru it. If all else fails, go to bed ridiculously early....you will feel so good in the morning!!! You can do it....Byrdie
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X