Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks! Appreciate it, Gettingreal!.... Will go check that out. I just called my mother as a distraction and ended up getting into an argument. Staying on this site until it's time to go to bed. I've felt so good these past couple of mornings. Don't want to mess it up

Comment

Newbies Nest

And let's plan to make ourselves super busy tomorrow. I bought my kids a fish and a lizard this week just to stay out of the house. Lol. Now I have dinner to make, baths to give and stories to read. Torture to make dinner w/o a glass of wine...or 4. Sorry. I shouldn't have brought up the W word. Off the make some tea and snack on something delicious. Remember that AL =s sugar. So if you have bad cravings eat something sweet!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

And thanks to you too again Byrdie! I can't IMAGINE throwing out that good buzz, but we can tackle that tomorrow. Tonight, I'm not going near it - gonna check out Toolbox and Personal stories, then hopefully, go to sleep. It's weird, but I actually read this New York Times article about Al Gore today - and it alluded to personal problems that one of his daughters had during a divorce, and in an odd way, it made me feel better about how tough it was for me to deal with my own divorce...and how we all go through crazy things - that ultimately, hopefully, make us tougher broads. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/26/fa...pagewanted=all

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good news! Now I am dreaming about the candy store in the morning instead!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I tried to find the tool box using the method I gave you and I couldn't find it....so I found an older message from Lav that has the link....at the top of each post... to the right are post numbers....please find Lav's post #23,263 and the link to the TOOL BOX is within that message. Sorry to be a dunce....B

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dang it...it didn't work!! Sorry, it has so many helpful posts...years of them! I will see if I can find it....oy! This site isn't the easiest to navigate! b
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tool box
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,

Another day down, but I was prepared to blow it. Luckily, dh spaced out on my request to go out to dinner, so I was saved, but not by me. I'll take the karma wherever I can get it.

Gosh, so many good things happening to so many good people. Stay strong, all. I understand how hard it is, and will be fighting the battle tomorrow night with MIL and dinner. Arggh!

To those of your struggling-- Take it from someone who's blown it many times: AL simply isn't worth it. Drinking is pointless. Period. Yes, our bodies crave it, but we can re-train them.

With the holiday weekend coming up this weekend (US), there will be lots of cookouts, parties, etc. I plan to wear a braclet to touch and twirl when around AL. It will be my reminder not to drink. I'll do the same tomorrow night at dinner.

Fabulous post, Byrdie. Thank you.

Welcome, and strong vibes being sent to new Newbies and old.
                  "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everyone…I’m going to make an attempt at getting all the newbies straight in my head…

Gettingreal – I love your sharing “this too shall pass” It’s a great way to look at it…and believe me, you never know what little things that work for you – just might be a really important tool for others.

Jennie – remember that this is a series of ‘phases’ – you are in a bored phase right now – but you stick it out and it won’t last forever - you’ll make it over a hump and come to some fantastic new realization and then discover that you’re at some brand new level in this journey. Honest…it sounds hokey but it’s true. Sometimes just about when I was ready to give up – “this isn’t the kind of life I envisioned by giving up alcohol! Who wants to be so bitchy and go to bed at 9 every night???” I somehow turned a corner and went “AH! THIS IS the kind of life I envisioned…” Not only do your habits change fast but also your moods and your ability to deal with things. :-)

Doingitforme – books are GREAT early on – as you finally remember what you read! I also wanted to mention that it helps to have a positive mindset – Lav calls it lavanitude – LOL – don’t say – “if I make it” say and believe “when I make it”…there is ALWAYS going to be some “event” in the future that ‘could’ be used as an excuse to drink….always. But what this is all about is learning how to experience those events without drinking…learning how to live without it. Learning that it’s amazing to live without it…and we can’t do that if we never give it a chance. Honestly, I think you should get rid of those beers in the fridge – they are a symbol of your (probably subconscious) unwillingness to give up that last little hope that you can drink responsibly….Preparation and a plan are so very important – in that day to day experience in the beginning. Have drinks, food, excuses ready so you don’t hesitate for a second when someone asks you to drink with them. Keep your belly full! Use supplements, hypnosis cd’s whatever it takes….

Hi girlywirly, and lucy – I hope you’re doing ok…

Ronnie it’s nice to see you again.

Juja – I remember that feeling of making through a big family party without drinking…the first time. And boy can they drink…and use every excuse to. And they can push all my buttons! But it is so much of a better experience for me to be around them all sober – than it ever was to join in the craziness….when I used to do that, I’d usually end up arguing with someone – not remember half the evening and wake up feeling like shit and wondering what happened….and nobody would ever speak of it!!! Since I quit, I felt like they all thought that I thought I was better than them – above them – since I wasn’t drinking…but recently, I had a couple of very eye opening conversations with other relatives at a gathering – both who have battled this and at least at that time were not drinking. I never would have known if I was still drinking….but it was nice to talk and offer and receive support…and know that I wasn’t an outcast. You never know what might happen.

Ah…I have typed as long as my eyes will hold out! Tired tonight!
                    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

I forgot to say hello & welcome back to Ronnie - lets do it this time, OK?

Just in case anyone is still looking for the Tool box https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html
                      You can find it by looking in the Monthly Abstinence section - it's at the very top of the page.

No matter how rotten you feel about your quits today ~ tomorrow will be a little better. Keep your thoughts positive, keep moving forward. You will never be sorry

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Night everyone - went to Celebrate Recovery tonight - went well - feel like that's progressing even if the relationship with the SO is in the toity...

Too tired to even cry - actually - now I am starting to get mad. So I think my custom Hypnos are getting a whirl on all night replay...
                        That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                        Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                        AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

1 glass . . .

Living in france and drinking wine with dinner every day for some 30 years now. No big deal, right, with good meals and good friends? Eventually you start having some with lunch, then 1 glass becomes 2, then 3, then 4 . . . Then you start watching the clock, impatient for the earliest "justifiable" time to have a glass without considering yourself a wino (that's 7pm for me). Once at a dinner party, the "gentleman" sitting next to me said that dining with me was like a work-out (having to serve me wine so often). .... not such a gentleman! And I'm from Irish descent, so after a couple of glasses my cheeks light up like a Christmas tree, that's embarrassing. My husband and I start to bicker after too many glasses, usually over unimportant stuff. Sleeping poorly, hangovers, health issues, all this says "It's time to stop"! So last February-April, i went 55 days AF, for the first time in many years. I felt great but then Easter came around, with a lot of friends and I decided that lent was over and I could let myself go a while and stop again shortly after... Not so! That was almost 5 months ago and I'm back to "resisting' at lunchtime and looking at the clock to get my fix around 7. The slowing down thing doesn't work for me. So I've been lurking around all the MWO posts and psychologically preparing myself to make the commitment. And HERE I AM , Day 1 ! Thanks for all the help and support.
                          Go as far as you can see.
                          When you get there, you'll see further.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Hello & welcome mywayin!
                            Glad you decided to join us. Your history with wine reminds me a lot of mine ~ very similar. Obviously you know what you need to do to quit so I'll just say please make yourself comfy here in the Nest for a while

Wishing everyone a great AF Thursday!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the welcome back xx
                              Geting it that is so true about having something sweet if you get a craving, i always make sure i have sweets in my bag at all times
                              Nice to see you mywayin, this is a great thread for support xx
                              Had a good day today, i even laughed a bit today which is always nice to do, AL was bringing me down so much that i felt really unhappy
                              It was nice to do a bit of housework after work today instead of grabbing a drink as soon as i got through the door.
                              It seems that everyone is doing great hear and it is so good to see that all our hard efforts are paying off
                              Lets keep up the good work peeps xxx
                              :dancin: enguin:
                              starting over

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome MyWayIn! I love that name! I can relate to your clockwatching, too. It is a bitch to be such a slave to AL. You have just landed yourself in the best possible place to get out of that cycle (hamster wheel, says Lolab). We are glad you've joined us we have lots of success in this little place.
                                Lav...you are a geenyus. eheheh....posting links all over. If I could figure it out, I'd post that toolbox link down with my AF date...is that possible? You should do that as many times as you post the link!! I think I've seen people put links in their by-line....just a thought. Thanks for hooking us up with it anyway!! You are an awesome nestmuther!!!
                                Stay strong everyone!! I hate ALCOHOL. You will, too, if you don't already! XO, Byrdie
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X