X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

lets see if it works...
    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

well Byrdie, if Lav's a geenyus, than that makes two of you!!! I tried - but it didn't "say" Toolbox like it does if you link to it within your post - maybe someone can figgger out a better way?...LOL
      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Comment

Newbies Nest

LOLA!! It dont madda you did it!!! It may not be all trim and neat, but it's there! Way to go!!! That has needed doing for a long time, now you have to stay put in the nest so we can get to it!!! You are da bomb!! B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

welcome mywayin....it does sound so familiar...there's just a line that we cross where we are being controlled by alcohol...and hopefully we can wake up from the nightmare and have the strength to turn it. God I hate this laptop. just wiped out a post .

I think one of the most powerful things about alcohol is its ability to deaden everything. Including happiness...even when we don't actively have a drink in our hand - if it's a part of our lives, the "haze" is there. Making everything look less hopeful - less achievable - more gloomy -

It's only by living without it - that we see what we're really capable of. Personally, sometimes I feel that I don't laugh as easily without alcohol...I'm not as "silly" - but that's that euphoric recall - when I was drinking - maybe I had an hour of silliness, followed by fumbling for words , followed by passing out, followed by feeling like shit, followed by feeling a 'need' to have more the next day. How can my brain convince me that anything in the world is worth that???

Have a great Thursday everybody - mine is promising to be an eventful one - 14 yr old boys and their toys....LOL.
          ~

Comment

Newbies Nest

Post Losers!!! I am finding that as soon as I think I've lost a post....you know you know immediately when it happens...right click your mouse...you'll see UNDO...it looks grayed out, but it isn't....hit that and vo-illa, your post reappears!!!
            (hooked on phonics today, sorry). B
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 10. I'm grouchy, irritable and lonely. I know part is the AL and not feeling better until I hit magic day 14. And part is all the pile of crap I am sorting through.

So - just ignore me while I sit here in the corner and suck my thumb like a grouch. I'll get over it. Eventually. Regardless. Day 10. And I am not going to drink today. But that antabuse could show up anytime. Stupid customs...
              That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
              Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
              AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters!

Welcome to all the Newbies (and not-so-newbies)! Get through days 3-4 and things will get easier. I know those were the hardest for me (and I had many of them!). Do whatever it takes to get your mind off AL...read a book, take a bath, clean a closet, polish your toenails, pick the lint out of your bellybutton...just stay busy and you WILL get through this.

PF - I am hoping your AB gets there soon! Can't believe it's taking so darn long...!!! Stay stong, don't give up your 10 days. Be a grouch. Suck your thumb. Curl up in a ball. Just DON'T DRINK. Sending you strength!!! :l

Lav - I put another "Stella" sticker on my calendar today...makes me chuckle when I put it on there, I can picture her face plain as day. Give her a big old chicken-hug for me and tell her she makes me smile

Byrdie, Roonie, Lolab and everyone else...have a great day and stay strong. Remember how GOOD it feels to be sober!

K9

Fag (I'm British now...lol) update: Smoke-free for 4 days, 1 hour, 19 minutes and 13 seconds!!!
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

Thanks so much for all the support. Day3.

Would love to comment more specifically, but just spent 1 1/2 hours reading on here!!!!!! Yikes, I have to run to an appt. Still dealing with just not being happy, but knowing AL is not the answer. I'm actually quite sure it is the root of it all.

So nice to know I'm not alone. I'll check back in tonight. Everyone stay strong!

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1371085 wrote: Good Morning Nesters!

PF - I am hoping your AB gets there soon! Can't believe it's taking so darn long...!!! Stay stong, don't give up your 10 days. Be a grouch. Suck your thumb. Curl up in a ball. Just DON'T DRINK. Sending you strength!!! :l
                    !
                    I'm hanging. GAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Freaking customs. Freaking SO. Freaking Lawyers.

GAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

People suck. See. Grouch. I'm really not normally like this. Day 10's suck.
                    That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                    AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning AlL and Happy Thursady!

Congrats K9 on the Fag countdown ! Can't wait to see the the year end talk looks like in hours and seconds

Hey, NEXT. I agree AL is definitely the root and if not the root then definitely the fricken watering can for the ROOT!!

Just a quick check in. Off to the races...

Love & hugs,
                      :h:l
                      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

The= What

Talk = Tally

Darn iPad...

:sigh:
                        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kradle, I turned off the auto-correct feature on my iPad - it's was driving me crazy :H

K9, awesome on the SF count. Mine was 1198 today which means I have something like 1253 AF days Can hardly believe it most days!

PF, you just hang in there, OK?
                          For absolutely no reason whatsoever I find myself feeling a touch grouchy & irritable today (always a bit lonely due to circumstances I can't control). These are all perfectly normal feelings & emotions. No amount of AL will make them better

Hi Next, please. Getting thru today with no AL is a triumph for you!

Lola & Byrdie, you two really crack me up :H
                          One of these days we will sit down together & go thru the steps to post a link - the easy way :H
                          So happy you guys are on this sober bus

I'm taking a break from my shop now & heading out for some fresh air ~ maybe that will help this weird Blue Moon influenced mood of mine.

Later!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Prarie...if you read back a couple of days, notice that Imaginary Girl was going thru the very same thing...this is exactly why you see me dragging nesters by the nape of the neck to Day 13...it is worth it, too. Your whole mindset changes. Do whatever you have to do to get to D13!! It's like....magic!

Thanks Lav for the humility lesson! One of these days, Ima sit down and learn how to do that! K9 counting the seconds on her smokes quit...or fags, can you believe our UK friends get away with calling them that? ehehehe. There's a million jokes in there.

I had really good luck using Charms Blow Pops to get thru a craving...they are a sweet sucker with bubblegum on the inside. They are really good, and because it's a sucker, requires you to attend to it...and think about it, which is just enough to get your mind out of the AL Loop that it's in. I traveled with them....on flights, nothing hushes a cranky kid (or Alkie trying to detox) quite like them. You can buy them by the bagsfull at Sams. I prefer those over the single ones you can buy at CVS because those are so much bigger, it becomes a liability rather than a treat. I still have some...they keep your mouth happy, your mind busy and your hands out of the booze. Caution, the grape ones make your mouth blue so you look like you died. It's the gothic look for sure.
                            Stay strong everyone!! Another day AF is another victory for the good guys!!! woot woot!!!! Byrdie
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 13...it's day 8.

For some reason today is tough, well actually several reasons. I felt sort of assured early this morning having made it through that first week, but today that monster is really pulling out all the stops in my mind. Where's that baseball bat?

Is day 13 a pretty universal day for most or just some? Looking for a rope to hold on to. This is such a bipolar fight. One hour you are sure of yourself and the next it comes knocking on the door. I look forward to a crossing over point when it stops knocking like a best friend.
                              Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Slaythefear - in my longest quit - I don't think it was 13 for me but 14 but it was about that time the physical fog started lifting and it was head games from there...

I'm getting ready to hit the L-Glut and Kudzu early today - I feel like Shite
                                AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X