Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the reply PF. I once quit for a month, but that was some time ago. I don't really remember it so well as I did it for a friend who came out of rehab. We both buckled together and I haven't stopped long enough since to know when it gets easier. My craving seems pretty strong today weather mental or physical, so when I saw day 13, I perked up. Hoping it gets easier the next couple days as a few temptations coming my way.

Feel better.
    Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slay and PF, I sure wish I could go back and find my post from D13...it read something like....For some reason when I woke up today, the world seemed to be in color instead of black and white, like Dorothy on the Wizard of Oz. Being AF really does seem to be something I can do, it doesn't seem so impossible any more." It just seemed like a big weight was lifted off.

It has been the case for many nesters that around D13 was a turning point. You will see that I try to encourage first to day 3, then to 7. 7 Days is big because you've conquered every single day of the week. That time between 7 and 13 is critical...it's hard in a different way, this is when the bargaining comes in....maybe I wasn't so bad as I thought???? What I'd give for just 1 dam drink!! I don't owe these people anything, I'm going to do what I want...that bargaining is hard. You must tunnel thru it to get to the other side of this trapped way of thinking.

I can't sit here and say that D13 is magic for everyone...but it sure was for me, and I wouldn't keep saying that if other nesters didn't agree...I see it over and over again. Hang on tight....it is about to get much easier!!! We are so glad you're here!! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

You too SF.

The last couple times I pooped out on quits early I wasn't as aggressive about the supplements. This time I'm as rigorous as my longest quit and it does seem to be helping. Also - unlike any of the quits - I'm taking the L-Glut and Kudzu 1st dose - much earlier in the day - and that actually seems to make the first witching hour significantly more bearable.

I also added in the Chromium Picolinate this time since I saw information about it/hypoglycemia and AL - as I was diagnosed hypoglycemic since the last time I tried to quit AL. This also seems to be helping keep my blood sugar more level...

The other thing that seems to be making a difference this time - is at 9:30 or 10 pm - I make myself go to bed with the Valerian/Melatonin/Magnesium. Then there is no - go to the liquor store Prairie thoughts...it's just nighty night along with the hypnos...

But still - before Day 13/14 - my body feels like SHITE. And today - grouchy, irritable, snarly, snappish, tired, (and I slept) weepy, overwhelmed...I feel like someone needs to wrap me in bubble wrap today
        That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
        Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
        AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1371143 wrote: Slay and PF, I sure wish I could go back and find my post from D13...That time between 7 and 13 is critical...it's hard in a different way, this is when the bargaining comes in....maybe I wasn't so bad as I thought???? What I'd give for just 1 dam drink!! I don't owe these people anything, I'm going to do what I want...that bargaining is hard. You must tunnel thru it to get to the other side of this trapped way of thinking.

I can't sit here and say that D13 is magic for everyone...but it sure was for me, and I wouldn't keep saying that if other nesters didn't agree...I see it over and over again. Hang on tight....it is about to get much easier!!! We are so glad you're here!! Byrdie
          Oh - I know I was as bad I as I think I was. I'm not kidding myself and I'm not bargaining. I'm going to get through it Byrdie. I'm gritting my teeth - but I'm getting through it.

But the sooner that AB clears customs so I can get through the head games on the other side of Day 14 when I start getting cocky and making bargains with myself - as I approach Day 30? The better off I am...
          That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
          AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bahaha! Yes, PF, that is a whole NEW pep talk you get from D13 to D30 when you get your hat!!! It's nuts, but it's a new set of complacency issues to be dealt with then...you are so right! I'm glad you are here talking about it, there are dozens of people reading your posts that you are helping!!
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quote:
              7 Days is big because you've conquered every single day of the week. That time between 7 and 13 is critical...it's hard in a different way, this is when the bargaining comes in....maybe I wasn't so bad as I thought???? What I'd give for just 1 dam drink!! I don't owe these people anything, I'm going to do what I want...that bargaining is hard. You must tunnel thru it to get to the other side of this trapped way of thinking.

Thanks for that because I'm on day 8 and that is exactly what is going on. It's not funny, but reading it in your posts makes me laugh to see what we tell ourselves. Appreciate the information. I'll lodge it in my brain and grit my teeth through it and try to laugh at myself for the lies.

Thanks PF. I am not using any supplements. I may head to the health food store for some it this gets any more difficult.

Be well all. Looking forward to that crossing.
              Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

A great big hug, PF. Forget the bubble wrap. My hugs are superb! Been to bed early every night...I hear you there, however, afternoons seem to be my worst point of the day. About 2:00 and after it starts talking. If I make it to 8:00, I'm usually too tired by then to go out and keeping the home empty of alcohol helps to keep me in check by then as long as someone doesn't come by with it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Doing and MyWay - How are you doing today?

I am hosting a dinner party tomorrow night. Usually involves bottle after bottle of wine for everyone. My plan - pour myself a tonic with lime that will feel like a cocktail and not invite questions.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1371154 wrote: Bahaha! Yes, PF, that is a whole NEW pep talk you get from D13 to D30 when you get your hat!!! It's nuts, but it's a new set of complacency issues to be dealt with then...you are so right! I'm glad you are here talking about it, there are dozens of people reading your posts that you are helping!!
                    FYI - she's referring to when you say -
                    "I know I really didn't have *that* bad a problem. Look how well I'm doing. Surely I'm the 1 in a million person who can successfully Mod. I know even Roberta Jewell gave up on the idea but I know *I* am secretly the rock star who can. Everyone else can't - but I'm the golden unicorn, the flying pig - the mysterious lottery winner *WHO CAN MOD EFFECTIVELY* and then....cue scary music here...

You will go to brunch with your friends and they will order pitchers of Hoosier Mama Bloody Mary's with extra horseradish and offer you one and you - (in your secret fabulousity - hitheroto unrecognized by those on the MWO boards who you are now convinced in your own head are simply winging when they say Moderation is impossible because they are just really sad that *they* aren't the golden unicorn/flying pig/mysterious lottery winner of Moderation that you are) - YOU TAKE IT. And it is delish. And you only have one. But you want more...you know you do....but you don't have it. Although you want it. And you obsess over it. And you spend the rest of brunch trying to decide if anyone will notice if you order another...but you decide discretion is the better part of valor and after all - moderation in all things, EH?!

But on your way home - now that you can stop at JUST ONE - you get a box of wine. Because you can stop at just one. And that's the end of your quit. Poof. Bye Bye Quit.

Like I said - anytime the antebuse wants to get through customs - I'm good. I know this stupid game.
                    AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slaythefear;1371164 wrote: A great big hug, PF. Forget the bubble wrap. My hugs are superb! Been to bed early every night...I hear you there, however, afternoons seem to be my worst point of the day. About 2:00 and after it starts talking. If I make it to 8:00, I'm usually too tired by then to go out and keeping the home empty of alcohol helps to keep me in check by then as long as someone doesn't come by with it.
                      Then definately get the supps - you will feel better. If you hear the beast talking around 2 pm - down your first L-Glut and Kudzu if you can find it by 12:30...

:l
                      AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

PF, you really know the drill....gosh it's amzing how similar all of our minds work dealing with this thing....

Getting Real....I'll tell you I had a dinner party last weekend and I had a tough time...and I've been sober a year and a half. It took me by surprise quite frankly....it wasn't the part when everyone arrived, it was doing the prep work that made me remember that's when I really used to get ripped. Hopefully, knowing that it will be a trigger will help you navigate thru it. I nibbled along all day, kept a fully belly and that helped. You can do it.

B
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

B - thank you for the tips. The good news is that I don't drink while I cook for guests lest I ruin the meal and they start thinking I'm not perfect.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gosh, B - you're like everyone's guardian Mama on here. LOVE IT! Thanks for the support in getting through Day 3. To you and Getting Real - Made it - and so far, so good Day 4....the tough thing tonight is now and the weekend. Just passed a bunch of people out drinking on a sunny evening in the East Village/starting their long weekend...and my little urge is back. I'm home. I should get out and try to go for a run...but tired.

Getting Real - if you're making it thru Day 4, I can too. Gotta.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I swear I posted in the Nest a few hours ago, but it seems to be lost. Alright...who deleted it? LOL

Believe it or not, cooking was not a trigger for me...but everything else in the world was! Could it be because I never cooked when I was drinking? I'd normally bring in a pizza for the kid, then around 11pm I'd stumble around and dig in the freezer for some processed crap to eat. Between the booze and the bad food, it's no wonder I felt like death warmed over everyday (and looked it too!)...

Just remember, you CAN make it through the cravings. A craving will never last as long as a hangover. Fast forward to the "day after" when alcohol starts enticing you. See it for what it really is.

Stay strong everyone and have a great night. Super glue your butts to the Nest if need be!

K9

p.s. I know you're all anticipating my fag update, so here's my smoke-free time: 4 days, 8 hours, 18 minutes, 14 seconds. There, now your day is complete. LOL
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi B, PF, D and G and Lav et al..

D and G = I found Day 5 to be just great so hang in there... only a few lil' hours until then..
                                Time Diff means its 7.15am here on Friday morning and another painless early rise.. a day 9 rise here in fact!!.Yay
                                Physically feeling heaps better, mentally too but my mood isn't exactly steady??

Have got the whole day looming ahead because today is a holiday and need to keep busy and not worry about my financial challenges at the moment... ( I know I'm not alone on that one!!)

Take care and keep goin'
                                Patrice

Comment

Working...
                                X