Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

A craving will never last as long as a hangover.

Thanks K9!! That is a really good one that I will add to my arsenal
    :thanks:
    I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Feeling better myself - don't know what the mood swing was about earlier......
      I think it's related to tomorrow's blue moon!

Great to see evryone checking in with good news

K9, Stella sends her best
      Congrats on the fag count :H
      (I think I prefer the US term smokes)

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest.
      I tried to watch the beginning of the RNC on TV but it turned me off pretty fast, oh well.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Go figure - the SO decided to show up - he was in a bad mood but I fed him - he hung out for several hours - and we at least got some time together. It was nice to do it when I had no AL in the house and honestly - tonight I didn't have any desire for any. Weird. Didn't.

It was good to have the time.

I have to say I don't feel great physically. I'm tired, headachy, and a tad maudlin...and I'll be getting to bed in the next few minutes...But I'm closing out Day 10 and that's what matters...

Man I can't wait to pass Day 14 and stop feeling physically like caca.
        That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
        Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
        AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

PF I'm looking forward to watching the change in you in the next few day...I know it's there - I've seen it before. :-) I can see it starting.

K9 - wow! You are doing great with the cigs!!!! way to go!

Yes, Lav, you can just call Byrdie and me - Lucy and Ethel..:H

Goodnight everyone!!!
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Whoop Whoop Whoop!

I was climbing into bed and I checked the shipping status and flipping customs has finally released the antabuse....it's only 50 miles away....Pretty soon - this is about the 4 - 5 day game - not the I had a crappy moment - let's head to the store Prairie game...and since I'm worse about immediate impulse control - and if I just sleep on it - I'm better in the morning - WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP - my ability to hang in long term just went up dramatically...

This gives me a fighting chance to get my coping skills up to snuff while I relearn how to rewire my brain and my responses to stress and triggers...

YAY!!!!!!

Oh happy dance...
            That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm having trouble sleeping...this really rarely happens anymore. ah well, maybe that blue moon...:-)

I remembered that Byrdie mentioned her early posts so I went searching.

Here she is in an early post - day 5 I think. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...023-30074.html I think it can help to see that someone who is having great success now, did actually struggle in the beginning. You're not different - unfortunately this is something that we ALL have in common....But people have had success - even when they've had really tough times in the beginning.

Then here is that infamous 13th day post. :-) https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...035-30074.html

then it wasn't long after, that I started posting in the nest...https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...058-30074.html

ok, I'm getting tired again....goodnight. :-)
              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

I can barely see you through the morning fog - outside :H
                It is seriously foggy here, interesting to watch the sunrise through all that.

Good job on the research Lola
                Sleepless nights at this point have more to do with aging I think, they just happen.
                Although the blue moon could be partly due.

I have a full day lined up for myself & am grateful to be clear headed & fit enough to tackle it head on

1200 smoke free days today K9 - you're right behind me!!!!
                Wishing everyone a great AF Friday!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 11 and YEE HAW - while I still feel like caca - I thought I was never going to physically feel like rolling over, up and out of bed...

I logged into the tracking system and my Antabuse is here in town...

OK - here's a messed up AL brain thought...my first thought was - huh - should I have one last blast before I start taking it?

WTH?

About 30 seconds into that thought process I'm scratching my head going Prairie - seriously? Your AL lizard brain is talking to you - get ahold of yourself...YOU CAN'T. You promised yourself. You promised your SO. Last night one of the kids said - OMG Mom -there's no wine anywhere in the house? On their own...

You've done so well. You can hardly when presented the box you have been white knuckling it waiting for - go on a bender because it's here. Get a-HOLD_OF_THE_LIZARD_BRAIN.

Sheesh.
                  AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all
                    Had a couple of cravings today but nothing i could not handle and i now have a full belly (which helps) and i am in my pj's relaxing on the sofa, its so good to have a clear head all the time.
                    Hope your meds arrive soon PF, and you are doing great with your A/F days, dont throw all your hard work out the window, you really dont want to wake up regretting it all :l
                    Got a busy day tomorrow xx
                    Hope you are all doing well :h
                    :dancin: enguin:
                    starting over

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Peeps!!!!!

K9...Iam so proud of you quitting the smokes....sorry...I just can't bring myself to call them "fags" LOL I quit them 6/30/10 and it was total hell but I am SOOOO glad that I did! I remember around day 4 out of the blue I got my sense of smell back. I mean...I never thought that it was gone so I was totally amazed!!!! That was my first "A-Ha" moment and it gave me hope that it was all going to be OK and I wasn't going to "die" from quitting smoking! Ha! After that I was tagged with the nickname "bloodhound"...I'll take it...after all....I could be called worse! LOL

Prairie.....I am so happy to hear that your AB will be arriving soon. Just having AL out of the equation will give you time to focus on YOU and racking up those AF days! I have been on it over a month and have had NO side effects. I did get a metallic taste in my mouth at bedtime for the first few days...which is common....but it went away and wasn't a big deal and I was tired at the end of the day for the first few days....again...no biggie. Keep taking the L-glut and kudzu to help with the cravings. You will be amazed as how freeing it is to have the nagging fight of whether or not you should drink removed from your shoulders. If I can do this...so can you!!!!!!!!!!
                      AB Club Member
                      AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Prairie Fairy;1371377 wrote: Whoop Whoop Whoop!

I was climbing into bed and I checked the shipping status and flipping customs has finally released the antabuse....it's only 50 miles away....Pretty soon - this is about the 4 - 5 day game - not the I had a crappy moment - let's head to the store Prairie game...and since I'm worse about immediate impulse control - and if I just sleep on it - I'm better in the morning - WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP - my ability to hang in long term just went up dramatically...

***This gives me a fighting chance to get my coping skills up to snuff while I relearn how to rewire my brain and my responses to stress and triggers...****

YAY!!!!!!

Oh happy dance...
                        Developing coping skills outside of grabbing the drink is such a big deal to success. My habit has made me at this point.
                        Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dam, Lola....those 3 posts, 2 from me and one from you brings tears to my eyes. Dam, we fought this hard for such a long time, and it finally 'took'!!! Thank you for taking the time to find those...I must figure out your methods...so you must be Lucy and I'm the hapless sidekick!!(Ethanol) I really appreciate that, quite a blast from the past!! Well at least everyone knows I'm telling the truth! Bah!!
                          PF you are kickin it...once again, I must agree that you DO sound different already! Less weighed down ...less burdened and more hopeful. THAT's what getting AL OUT of your life can do!! I'm so dang happy for you!!! Remember Dick Head is alive and well, all he has to do is get a whiff of hope and here he comes (Addiction Head). Don't go down the rabbit hole with him! I finally 'get it' about me and AL. It is a doomed relationship and it was a happy time when I finally realized that and LET IT GO!!! I tend to hold out hope long after other people, so I really gave it my best shot!! When I let that go, it was like I fell into another world....a GREAT world full of hope and possibilities!! I may even take some classes!! (maybe one on writing shorter notes!) My world with AL was hopeless ....my world without it is FULL of LIFE!!
                          K9 will be along with her Friday Pep Squad! Just because it's Friday does not give you a free pass....no pity parties (everyone else is NOT drinking)...worry about tomorrow tomorrow....all you gotta do is get thru THIS day! XXOO, Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey i'm Louis, i'm new here. I'm from belgium and i'm 23y old. 3 monts AF now.

looking forward to be on this forum.

kinds regards

Comment

Newbies Nest

:wave: Happy Friday Everyone!!! :wave:

Hi Louis! Welcome...we are glad to have you here. Get comfy and stick around, you'll like it in the Nest!

PF - :happy: I hope those pills get there pronto! :happy: I've responded to you in a couple other threads so I won't bore you with repetition! Just TTDP (take the damn pill)...that's my daily Mantra!!!

Dest - I am now fag-free for over 5 days. WOOT. I'm "right behind" Lav...she's ONLY at 1200 days. LOL I am feeling so much better...my little annoying hack is going away, and my sore throat is almost gone. Now...to get through the weekend and I'll have conquered every day of the week. Which brings me to....

...weekends are only days and not excuses to drink (or smoke...my reminder to myself!). You will never wake up in the morning wishing you had gotten plastered the night before. You will however, wake up in the morning regretting getting plastered the night before!! Remember WHY you are quitting...the anxiety, shame, embarrassment, regrets, cost, damage to body...the list goes on and on...

Everyone have a great sober weekend and stick close!

K9
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Package just came - and because I don't want to be a complete freekin' idjut - I took the damn pill lickety split. NOW there is no debate - for five days. Finito. Day 11 - and whether I want to cheat or not - no - cheating...
                                AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X