X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Way to go Prairie!!! I'm proud of you!!
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

PF GREAT JOB!!! Just take the dam pill!! A great chant! Freedom of choice is fine when you're ordering food, but not when it comes to this. ZERO tolerance! I'm so happy for you!
      Louis, I just read your story on the other thread. Wow, your story sounds so familiar...where AL just becomes all-consuming. I can't answer your question about whether you are just a relapse waiting to happen! But I can tell you that you really get your 'legs' around the 100 day mark...AND that being on this forum can almost give you sight into the future. There are people here who have replapsed after 14 years and more...it helps you see that the ending is the same...no amount of AF time will let you go back and change the wiring in your head...you only get one brain and it knows where you've been. I'd suggest settling in here for a few weeks, and get to know us and maybe you will gain some insight...it took me a long time to get it out of my head that I can drink again. I know I can't...and I'm HAPPY to know that. I am glad I let it go. Well done on your 3 months!!! We are so glad you have joined us...you have so much to share!! Wecome aboard! B
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Tonight will be my first AF evening in years. My wine intake has jumped in the past 8 months. My husband had a seizure 8 months ago, after going AF 4 18 hours, landed him in the hospital for over two weeks. Scared the hell out of me and instead of quitting the wine, I up the intake out of fear. I found a great Dr. who is starting me on librium tonight, my husband (who has been AF for 8 months) will be home with me for a few days, Dr. will call me everyday and once I get the through the detox, Dr. will also counsel me along with going to AA. I'm scared but I know I'm doing something good for ME.
        AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
        AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
        STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Stumpy! Good for you for taking control back...if you will look back a few posts to Lolab's posts, down at her by-line is a link to our Tool Box...there are 100's of posts on tips of how to get thru those first awful hours...it is so very helpful. We are glad you found us, as you can see we have lots of success here!! Read back 2 or 3 weeks and get to know us! Then jump right in, we will be here every step of the way right along side you. XO, Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

You can do it Stumpy! I'm on day 5 and starting to feel better must hang in there, keep busy and eat delicious things.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Byrdie - didn't want you to miss it - I put it elsewhere - but how's this for a miracle...

Regarding the Antabuse? After I took it - someone sent me a note about it being the first football weekend.

Um - I spend every football game pickled. Pickled to the bone. Have for the last 25 years. It's a ritual. Every last game - smashed. For 25 years. My game is tonight. And I had forgotten.

WHAT are the odds that the AB was going to come today, I slammed the pill THEN someone reminded me about the game?!

If I'd known before hand the lizard brain would probably have won!!!!!! I would likely be three sheets to the wind tonight, getting dumped tomorrow - and hating myself like no one's business ever - all over a stupid football game.

Seriously? There but for the grace of God go I.
              That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
              Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
              AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 and birdlady Thank you for the respons. Bit overwhelmed that you make time to answer and really feel you understand me. I have one week of vacation now and i''m going to the coast and read a week and think what i'm gonna do with the baclofen. I know i cant drink and i'm not going to i didn't drink 1

Comment

Newbies Nest

"Someone" is looking out for you Prairie! Funny how that works eh? I've had many of those moments too (since I became sober). I've stopped believing they are just "coincidences"....

Way to go...you are doing awesome! Now TTDP tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day....etc.

:h

K9
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 and byrdlady thank u for the reply. Bit overwhelmed and very thankfull u make time to read and try to help me even it u cant decide for me. I'm very happy that i made my first post. I know and i'm not drinking, as i said 3 months now AF but the craving is grrrrrrr. Have a week holiday now and gonna think en work on myself en make a decision if i'm gonna try baclofen or not! I'll keep My baclofen treath up to date.

Kind regards

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1371904 wrote: "Someone" is looking out for you Prairie! Funny how that works eh? I've had many of those moments too (since I became sober). I've stopped believing they are just "coincidences"....

Way to go...you are doing awesome! Now TTDP tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day....etc.

:h

K9
                      I believe it. I don't believe it's coincidence. Some things I think are God (or the Universe or the higher power - whatever you believe in) grabbing you the shirt saying "Woo Hoo...Prairie - you big chuckle head - saved you from yourself that time. Now Pumpkin - tomorrow - TTDP."

If God, the Universe or the Higher Power says "damn". But I'm pretty sure if someone was going to make them say the word, I've probably been one of the people stubborn and annoying enough to elicit that response...
                      That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                      Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                      AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

I've had a super busy day & haven't had time to check in on everyone BUT it looks like a lot of success happening in the nest

PF, I'm glad you finally got the AB & it's now on board!
                        How about you stop thinking about what you used to do & focus on what you want to do for the rest of your life. You can do anything you want to do now

Hello & welcome to Louis & stumpy!
                        Glad you both decided to join the crowd here in the nest

I just going to wish everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest & call it a day!!!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

C'mon - wakey wakey Nesters :H
                          Rise & shine, it's daybreak!

Wishing everyone a happy & safe AF Labor Day weekend.
                          Sober weekends & especially holiday weekends really rock

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

GOOD MORNING!!! Off to Yoga - hot box detox it is called. I would NEVER have been able to get to a class like that while drinking. It so downright soul cleansing....after that, off to women's only AA meeting...then farmers market..... I LOVE saturday mornings these days!!!!!
                            I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

HI Lav, I was up all night. Dr, said no more librium for me :-( I had a bad reaction to it last night. I made it to day two!
                              AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                              AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                              STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have fun sweatin jenni

Stumpy, good to see you, sorry you had a bad reaction to Librium.
                                Let's just focus on getting you through your day 2. Take good care of yourself today, eat healthy & drink lots of water. You will be OK. The majority here, including myself got thru the early days with mo meds - just a solid commitment & an all inclusive plan
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X