Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Congrats Prairie! You amaze me and make me want to stay in the nest all the more. Thank you for the inspiration.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm right behind you Praire! I know it's going to be rough, shit today was hard but I'm on my way to day 4 now, I'm not turning back. Thank you :h
      AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
      AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
      STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks from over here too, PF.

Tough day here and needed your inspiration! :h

:l
        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Salutory reading. Thank you. On day 3. x
          Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Amazing post! Thank you so much for your time and effort ! Only on day 3 so will bear your advice in mind if things get rough for the next couple.

BTW sounds like your SO adores you, must do ---- or just got a thing for elephants! :thanks:

And I hope your day 14 is AMAZING. :goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fantastic Praire.. a very special post.. ! Much of which we can ALL relate to...

I remember hanging with you a while ago at the same stage and voila you are back on 14 days and I'm right there on 13.. Great !
              And Hi to all here!
              Patrice
              x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,
                Reporting in from a dark & damp section of the nest - oh well!

PF, congrats once again to you

Patrice, you aredoing great as well, nice!

kuya, stumpy, Gettingreal & all of the newest newbies - stay strong & keep moving forward in your quits, you'll never be sorry!

Wishing everyone a great AF Monday!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Prairie! I will join you
                  :goodjob:
                  day 23 for me....I still get a little panicky if I think about never drinking again, so I am still very vulnerable. But, I must say, ONE DAY AT AT TIME is really working for me. Yes, I know deep down I have to stop forever, but MY elephant keeps whispering in my ear that someday, I can drink moderately.....when those thoughts pop into my head, I stop myself QUICK and say to myself: "stop thinking about the future, only focus on TODAY and how great it feels not to be hungover or anxious about when that next drink comes...." and, if that anxiety for a drink rears its ugly head, I just move a muscle. I get up and go for a walk or I put on a favorite TV show (thank god for on demand)... .Anyway, for you guys in your first week, it IS THE HARDEST but YOU CAN do it. Just think about how proud of yourself you will be in the morning when you wake up without a hangover....AND A CRAVING NEVER LASTS AS LONG AS A HANGOVER.... (I picked that up from K9)
                  Have a great day!!!
                  :l
                  I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gopod Morning Everyone, Prairie, I really enjoyed reading your post, thank you. I made it to day 4 but I feel like I'm hungover, is that normal? Yesterday, I was so hungry all day and tearful, I was so hungry that I ate (OMG) McDonalds. I never eat that food. I hope today is a little better and this headache goes away. Thank you again for all of your support EVERYONY! I'll be on MWO everyday and night until I feel stronger.
                    STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

yep stumpy - pretty normal....of course everybody's different - but I had headaches on and off for a long time, and lots of body aches....Byrdie says she felt like she had the flu for about a week. Your body has some adjusting to do! Maybe craving Mcdonalds is the closest it could get to dumping poison into it - LOL...and it's pretty close in my opinion. But do what ya gotta do...it was better than alcohol!

Thank you PF - Your words are inspiring. :-)

I'm going to try to stay off the computer today - as last day of summer - with my guys...I already walked the pups and they are nice and tired...and I'm going to make some homemade bread and a nice vegetarian chili for later. Not typical Labor Day picnic food - but it sounds good. :-) We'll see - if my idea is met with resistance, we'll grill burgers. :-)
                      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Lolab, LOL about McDonalds, I grow my own veggie and usually eat very healthy, NOT this week. Yes, my head hurts and my stomach has an acid feeling to it and I'm tired = flu symptoms. I just want to get past 7 days. MWO has helped so much.
                        STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today i did some meditation and bought flowers for my mom, i've also bought a trampoline yesterday and when i'm feeling a bit tired or think about alcohol a jump on the trampoline (it's a little one i've putted in my room) and listen to anthony robbins motivation speeches when i jump. It gives me a lot of power and energy.
                          I'm doing pretty well, decided to go to Berlin tomorrow and visit an old friend. I have 2 weeks of vacation now so i have to do the things i want to do and not think about it to long. You only live once so it's NOW you have to do the things you want to do imo.
                          Really looking forward to it and to go the a club sober, i always have a lot of fun when i go out sober the only thing that bothers me is that I get tiered soon. But there's a quote that says "nothing good happens after 3pm", and i believe there is some truth in it.

Louis

Comment

Newbies Nest

So glad to see everyone checking in and having success.
                            PF, I still have goose bumps from your post. You oughta put that in the tool box, it was VERY inspirational. You are so right about that dam elephant. You will be getting some new furnishings very soon after you get your hat! I am so proud of you...
                            Stumpy, great job on pushing thru Day 3. Your emotions will be all over the place, just know that this is NORMAL and keep on going!!
                            Louis, great to see you! You are sounding strong!
                            Lolab, I made chili last night and today it is biting back! ARG...it's hard getting old!! So glad you are enjoying your summer instead of spending it passed out on the couch like I did!!! Life is full of possibilities!!!! I may sign up for a pottery class that meets for 4 Thursdays in row from 6-9 pm. Now why do you think I never considered this when I was drinking??? Dam! The time I wasted being wasted!!!
                            Lav...even your puppy is a rebel! Look at that BAAABY!!! So sweet!!!! Those cow eyes!!! How can you say no to any request???
                            Finally Done, glad to see your post...hope you are doing ok, please check in more, we need you.
                            Happy Labor Day to everyone! We are DOING IT!!! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wonderful post, Prairie. I'm all in.
                              ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                              -----------------------------------
                              Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Newbies Nest

PF, are you a writer? If not, I think you certainly could be. You have a way with words that could write both fiction and non fiction. That was a great post and so are many of your other ones. It seems to come so naturally to you.

Ra Ra, you are doing great, girl. Keep slaying that ugly beast! I learn and find support in both the success and failures of the posters here, so thank you all for your contributions.

:thanks:
                                Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Working...
                                X