Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good JOB Stumpy! Almost there...not odd you slept 11 hours as you closed out day 4 - you are massively pushing toxins out of your system right now. If you have any milk thistle around the house - today through Day 7 - 9 would be good days to take them... helps your liver push extra bile and flush - but not required...you should however be pushing fluids a lot heavier than normal - and don't forget your Vitamins B (in a B multi) and your D3 for a while... :-) It'll help your resistance to mood swings...
    That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
    Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
    AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!

Just wanted to do a quick check in...haven't had time to catch up on all the posts. I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend and was able to stay strong. I am on day NINE of no smoking

Will check in later, gotta do a little work I guess. LOL

K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

PF, I have been taking D3 for years now and I have a great multi vitamin and B-100 I have been taking. I do have Milk Thistle as well. I may start on that tomorrow. Thank you so much. I'm still getting slight headaches, hope that goes away soon.
        AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
        AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
        STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey K9 -
          Congrats on the 9 days. Go back a couple of days......
          Stella left you a little gift

stumpy, good for you!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon,

Does anyone mind if I hop on board here. I find I need some morale and support for my quest of being AF. I merely have 1 day under my belt working on Day 2.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Phin -

No one minds - that's what the Nest is for...welcome to it. Good rule of thumb is to go back 5 - 10 pages when you have a minute - read those - and consider that as caught up as you are ever going to be in the Nest - it tends to move fast - unless it's a weekend - and then it can move slow - unless someone's in crisis... :-)
              That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
              AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Stumpy - I didn't ditch my headache until Day 10 this time. Felt like all 7 dwarves were in my skull with pickaxes the little F'ers...made me quite the BEYATCH it did. The only thing that worked on it this time was the local Meijers carries a store brand generic of generic Tylenol liquicaps...for whatever reason - that stuff kicked-it better than regular Tylenol - have to assume the liquid got in the system faster/better. Oddly - Walgreens isn't carrying it...but some of the small groceries do...Not sure where you are - so it may be hit or miss. I didn't hit the Wal-Mart so I don't know if they have it or not.
                AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'd like to jump in as well! Love this thread and haven't posted in a long time. Feeling myself slipping badly and need the moral support. Drinking and anxiety are killing me.
                  Day 1 for me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome back Sharky, one of the main reasons that I decided to quit was the anxiety I would get every Monday and Tuesday morning. It's not worth it. It means we were drinking way too much. This week was the first Monday and Tuesday I haven't had anxiety. I won't miss that chit at all. How much do you drink, if you don't mind me asking?
                    STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

PF, I'll take the little headaches anytime over the anxiety I used to have. At least I'm not hungover. I think they should subside within a few more days.
                      STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Sharky, welcome back. Day one was easy for me but i did have some shakes thats about it. I wrote a post to you but it seems to have gotten lost. Do you mind me asking how much were you drinking? I'm only on day 5 but I would love to give you some support.
                        STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

They do subside - you are almost there. :-)

@ Sharky - When I get anxiety attacks - I've been taking valerian/passionflower/hops - you can get those everywhere - even most local groceries carry it in the herbal/vitamin section as a herbal sleep medicine - at half dose of the bed time supplement. I had a bad reaction to GABA - and it can interfere with anti-depressents depending on which web site you read...and I've never ever had a reaction to the valerian/passionflower/hops combo. I just half the dose for sleep use - and c*h*i*l*l out. The farther I get from quit day - the less I'm finding I get anxiety attacks - but they still happen. The other good one is Hyland's Nerve Tonic - found dirt cheap at every Walmart in America. It's mostly magnesium and a bunch of other minerals that help settle nerves...The Hylands Sleep Tonic adds herbals to the Nerve Tonic so think super sized Nerve Tonic....
                          AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stumpy, I wish you'd look at how far you've come in such a short time!! You are already an inspiration to some new newbies who have decided to hop up into the nest! We all came here for the same reason and we all started on Day 1, so welcome everyone! Pull up a twig and tell us what brings you by....
                            PF, keep up the great work!! I am so happy for you! Not waking up with the G/S/R Brothers any more!!! (Guilt/Shame/Remorse).

I finally had a drinking dream last night where I didn't wake up in a panic....someone was serving wine...and they said that it had after tones of prime rib...a deep rich flavor...and I told them, well, then, I'll just take the prime rib! I think it's finally getting thru to my inner brain!! (I guess you had to be there, I thought it was funny....)

Stength to everyone today!! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I binge drink and on weekend like last one, I started during the morning (never, ever good for me) then it spirals downward from there. Most of the time I can control it but not always. I embarrassed my 11 yr old who told me that I drink too much. I think you are right the anxiety seems to hit me when I do this. I think by me feeling guilty it worsens the anxiety and increase my wanting to drink. Does this sound familiar? Appreciate it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Prairie Fairy;1373516 wrote: They do subside - you are almost there. :-)

@ Sharky - When I get anxiety attacks - I've been taking valerian/passionflower/hops - you can get those everywhere - even most local groceries carry it in the herbal/vitamin section as a herbal sleep medicine - at half dose of the bed time supplement. I had a bad reaction to GABA - and it can interfere with anti-depressents depending on which web site you read...and I've never ever had a reaction to the valerian/passionflower/hops combo. I just half the dose for sleep use - and c*h*i*l*l out. The farther I get from quit day - the less I'm finding I get anxiety attacks - but they still happen. The other good one is Hyland's Nerve Tonic - found dirt cheap at every Walmart in America. It's mostly magnesium and a bunch of other minerals that help settle nerves...The Hylands Sleep Tonic adds herbals to the Nerve Tonic so think super sized Nerve Tonic....
                                Thanks PF!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X