Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I had a bad heaadache this morning and flu like symptoms. I also started off with 2 Milk Thistle pills which I think one would have been good. I feel better now though after sleeping so who knows.

Does anyone do L-Glut?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Sharky, I have been drinking for a good 8 years (PP Wine was my posion) 6 glasses a night, no problems then all of a sudden the past two months I was drinking a small bottle and a half or more on Saturday and Sunday, come Monday, I was a bloody mess, my hands shaking, feeling like I was going to jump out of my skin my stomach in knots, it was part anxiety and part withdrawals, Tuesday would be the same because by 6pm on Monday I had to shoot down at least three glasses in a row to iron the kinks out. (who wants to live like that) I knew right away that I was heading down the road of being a fall down rummy, so I found myself an addiction doctor who has helped me so much. I never, ever, want to feel like that again. It wasn't just shame or guilt for what I did to other people, it was guilt over what I was doing to my inner child (stumpy) that made me sad. We lose so many options when we are addicted. Forget all of that, today is a new day and you can get through it, go through those damn 3 days its' not that bad, trust me. Call your doctor for help if need be, I was told drink lots of water with lemon and I did, it helped. I was told eat small amounts all day long, I wish I listened to Jackie on that on, I ate big amounts and gained two pounds in five days lol. We're all here to help. Get through today and tomorrow and each day will look brighter.
      AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
      AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
      STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Sharky, I have been drinking for a good 8 years (PP Wine was my posion) 6 glasses a night, no problems then all of a sudden the past two months I was drinking a small bottle and a half or more on Saturday and Sunday, come Monday, I was a bloody mess, my hands shaking, feeling like I was going to jump out of my skin my stomach in knots, it was part anxiety and part withdrawals, Tuesday would be the same because by 6pm on Monday I had to shoot down at least three glasses in a row to iron the kinks out. (who wants to live like that) I knew right away that I was heading down the road of being a fall down rummy, so I found myself an addiction doctor who has helped me so much. I never, ever, want to feel like that again. It wasn't just shame or guilt for what I did to other people, it was guilt over what I was doing to my inner child (stumpy) that made me sad. We lose so many options when we are addicted. Forget all of that, today is a new day and you can get through it, go through those damn 3 days its' not that bad, trust me. Call your doctor for help if need be, I was told drink lots of water with lemon and I did, it helped. I was told eat small amounts all day long, I wish I listened to Jackie on that one, I ate big amounts and gained two pounds in five days lol. We're all here to help. Get through today and tomorrow and each day will look brighter.
        STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I would like to take a minute out to thank Jackie, Prairie Fairy, Birdlady and Kdog as well as so many others on here who have really helped me through the last five days. I know all of you will continue to be there during my journey as well all no it's never really over. God Bless.
          STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Phin, drink loads of water and eat, it really does help with the headache. Trust me. Some gadaraide too would be good. It's five days for me and I still get the little headaches but at least I'm not hungover. L-Glut doesn't stop the headaches, I think it's helps with the cravings. Maybe someone else can answer that better for you. You're doing really good, just get past today and day 3 and you'll be feeling so much better each day. Stay on here, there is so much help and information here.
            STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the response. I really want to give it a good shot. Drank yesterday because I felt awful - hungover. Definitely been pounding water today. Getting back on MWO is the best thing I've done in a while! Looking forward to it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sharky, you can do it. Just say, I wont drink for today. Keep comming here. I'm still new so I'll be living here for a while.
                STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

You got it!! Thank you for helping! Really appreciate it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Sharky and Phin - headaches are totally normal until day 10ish.

Here's a link to nutrition information you may find helpful - I compiled it a while ago - I need to add more info on a new version of a Kudzu blend I've found more effective and a new L-Glut I recently discovered - but in the meantime - this is a good general nutrition for AL and recovery -

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ere-53531.html
                    That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                    Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                    AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the info. Went out for dinner tonight and did not hav beer with my chicken wings. Shocked a few people I think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all
                        Hi sharky & phin xx
                        Well i need lots of support today guys as i have reached day 4 but i am feeling really good at the moment.
                        I got totally lost last night and i was driving around for an hour trying to find the AA meeting and still could not find it as i was using an old sat nav (gps) so next week i am going to use the good old fashion thing called a map :H which will show all the new roads that they have built.
                        I am going to keep myself busy after work today so that will help and also there is no booze in the house which is a great help.
                        Well off to work i go
                        Hope you all have a great day xx
                        :dancin: enguin:
                        starting over

Comment

Newbies Nest

All the best today Ronnie. Have a great Day 4! Hope your map works! Just getting to night time in California - definite AF this week. Take care

Comment

Newbies Nest

Whoop whoop - Day 15 and I feel really good tonight. Really, really good. I'm even grilling a super late dinner - I waited until the supplements kicked in before I'm heading out there...because event though I can't drink - I didn't want the urge to while grilling - but I feel physically good...the physiological toxin stuff have all passed out...I still get whopping cravings - but I feel good.

We are doing it Patrice - we are doing it.
                            That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                            Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Everyone is doing so well today. Stay the course and you will never regret it. Remember, don't give in to AL no matter what and no matter who. XO, Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Where is Jenn?? I am getting her hat ready!!! Just a few more days! B
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X